Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foster Moreau Visits
(03-17-2023, 07:00 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Just a question...if they signed Moreau why would they take multiple TEs in the draft?

Wilcox and sample  prob won't be back....who else do they have???
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:50 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The only TE I would take in the first would be Darnell Washington. Mayer is a solid player but never once did I watch him and think wow this guy is a must have first round player. The best way to describe him is safe pick. I would rather wait until the second or third and take Tucker Kraft over Mayer. Washington on the other hand is a plain freak. He is a dominant problem and he is going to be an absolute matchup nightmare.

Really? When I watch Mayer I see the second best route runner in the draft class behind Jaxson Smith-Njigba. He has the most refined release package of all the TEs and understands how to use his body vs man coverage to create separation. There is a reason he has been TE1 since before the 2022 NFL Draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:00 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Just a question...if they signed Moreau why would they take multiple TEs in the draft?

Excellent question, I would think other positions would take priority or at least BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Really? When I watch Mayer I see the second best route runner in the draft class behind Jaxson Smith-Njigba. He has the most refined release package of all the TEs and understands how to use his body vs man coverage to create separation. There is a reason he has been TE1 since before the 2022 NFL Draft.

This,

Mayer just knows how to get open. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:04 PM)pulses Wrote: Wilcox and sample  prob won't be back....who else do they have???

Right now...Asiasi, Nick Bowers and Tanner Hudson.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Really? When I watch Mayer I see the second best route runner in the draft class behind Jaxson Smith-Njigba. He has the most refined release package of all the TEs and understands how to use his body vs man coverage to create separation. There is a reason he has been TE1 since before the 2022 NFL Draft.

Really? Watch the Ohio State game against a very suspect defensive backfield. He was a complete nonfactor. 
Reply/Quote

I could only see multiple TEs drafted in this situation if they weren't particularly sold on Asiasi as the final TE.
But I would agree, probably no reason to draft multiple if Moreau is added.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:04 PM)pulses Wrote: Wilcox and sample  prob won't be back....who else do they have???

I could see Wilcox back but even if he isn't they have Asiasi who is under contract and is a very solid blocker as a depth piece and if they add Moreau they generally only carry three TEs on the 53 man roster.
Reply/Quote
They are serious about him I sent Caesar a message a few hours before this broke
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:09 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Really? Watch the Ohio State game against a very suspect defensive backfield. He was a complete nonfactor. 

You mean the first game of the 2022 season with Tyler Buchner? Yea the QB was so awful you see him bailing out of plays protected. The dude made Joe Alt look bad through the first couple games of the year and Joe Alt is the only guy that will challenge Marvin Harrison Jr as the top non-QB prospect in 2024. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:09 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Really? Watch the Ohio State game against a very suspect defensive backfield. He was a complete nonfactor. 

There's literally no better TE in this draft in terms of figuring out how to get open on a consistent basis than Mayer.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:12 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I could see Wilcox back but even if he isn't they have Asiasi who is under contract and is a very solid blocker as a depth piece and if they add Moreau they generally only carry three TEs on the 53 man roster.

Asiasi is garbage and this draft class is deep on TE's they are gonna draft one you can count on that.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Right now...Asiasi, Nick Bowers and Tanner Hudson.

Asaisi is garbage and the other 2 will never see the field....nice try.
Reply/Quote
Would be a great signing. Hope it happens.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:14 PM)pulses Wrote: Asaisi is garbage and the other 2 will never see the field....nice try.

You asked who else they had, and I listed them?

What's the 'nice try' part?
Reply/Quote

I can understand the "wow" part, but, there is another Savvy Route Running TE down there in KC, don't see alot of WOW from him either. Not saying he will be as good as TK, but route running gets the job done.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You asked who else they had, and I listed them?

What's the 'nice try' part?
oops that was for someone else sorry.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:59 PM)pulses Wrote: Yep and I see 2 TE's and possibly even 2 RB's in the draft if that happens.

Extremely heavy offensive draft. That’s kind of what they need to do this draft. Not take a safety.
Reply/Quote
This would be a nice pickup.
Reply/Quote
I still say you go back to Mitchell Wilcox, hat in hand, bend the knee and ask him how much it will take to bring him back, and you pay double that amount.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote