Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foster Moreau Visits
(03-17-2023, 07:24 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Extremely heavy offensive draft. That’s kind of what they need to do this draft. Not take a safety.

Well, i'm of the opposite mind, with OBJr, I'm looking for DE/DL/LB/CB in the first couple rounds. Maybe RB in later rounds. 
Offensively, where should we try to improve? TE is about all, but we can still sign one then draft one in later rounds. 

I would think get D and prepare for some more players to be FA's at end of season.
Maybe like DJ Turner (CB) or Jack Campbell or Trent Simpson (LB if we don't get Wilson extended).
basically, we are almost in a really good spot to just go BPA. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I still say you go back to Mitchell Wilcox, hat in hand, bend the knee and ask him how much it will take to bring him back, and you pay double that amount.

When he signs somewhere else I am going to have the police go to your house to do a welfare check on you.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I still say you go back to Mitchell Wilcox, hat in hand, bend the knee and ask him how much it will take to bring him back, and you pay double that amount.

Feel like you have about worn that one out.   Tongue 

[Image: IZHViSTl.jpg]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Get-R-Done

This would be a great pick up and am on the side of Bengals only drafting 1 TE if this happens.

Also don't think Mayer will fall to pick 28. Really want Washington per how good he can block and that he is not a liability the the passing game either. He is very agile for his size.

Yet would be fine with Mayer if he fell as well. Either of those two excites me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:19 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I can understand the "wow" part, but, there is another Savvy Route Running TE down there in KC, don't see alot of WOW from him either. Not saying he will be as good as TK, but route running gets the job done.

Oh please! Kelce is far more dynamic than Mayer is and is YAC guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:50 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The only TE I would take in the first would be Darnell Washington. Mayer is a solid player but never once did I watch him and think wow this guy is a must have first round player. The best way to describe him is safe pick. I would rather wait until the second or third and take Tucker Kraft over Mayer. Washington on the other hand is a plain freak. He is a dominant problem and he is going to be an absolute matchup nightmare.

Im seeing some saying Washington is likely the most overhyped player in the draft.  He is big, athletic and great in shorts but he has zero route tree, his receiving is too big of an unknown to risk a 1st IMO, and I like the kid.  Now if you are putting 40 pounds on him and putting at RT......

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im seeing some saying Washington is likely the most overhyped player in the draft.  He is big, athletic and great in shorts but he has zero route tree, his receiving is too big of an unknown to risk a 1st IMO, and I like the kid.  Now if you are putting 40 pounds on him and putting at RT......

Did Georgia really priortize him?  I know it's just highlights but he's a monster.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:18 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Did Georgia really priortize him?  I know it's just highlights but he's a monster.

Of course they didnt, they have a guy better than Gronk.  But thats the thing right?  A 1st rounder must have traits AND production.   He has 45 catches in 3 years.  His receiving ability in the NFL is unknown, a blocking TE without being a receiving threat is a tough gamble for aa already low value postion. 

Much of this argument came from the guys at PFF a few days ago.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course they didnt, they have a guy better than Gronk.  But thats the thing right?  A 1st rounder must have traits AND production.   He has 45 catches in 3 years.  His receiving ability in the NFL is unknown, a blocking TE without being a receiving threat is a tough gamble for aa already low value postion. 

Thats fair... very interested to see how his career pans out in Stripes or not!

Moreau and a 3rd or 4th rounder on a Tight End I can get behind if they don't go with Mayer or Washington
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course they didnt, they have a guy better than Gronk.  But thats the thing right?  A 1st rounder must have traits AND production.   He has 45 catches in 3 years.  His receiving ability in the NFL is unknown, a blocking TE without being a receiving threat is a tough gamble for aa already low value postion. 

His receiving ability is not unknown. There is not a player in the draft that has known receiving ability in the NFL because they are not there yet. In the following highlight video what you can take away from it is that Washington is a natural pass catcher that has no issue catching a ball in traffic and who understands how to settle into the open spots in a zone which is what the Bengals ask their TEs to do on a regular basis. You can also take from the video that he is a tough tackle with the ball in his hands and is looking for yards after the catch.

The ceiling on Washington is extremely high which is what you want from a first round selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SbLkZ4_Pg
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: His receiving ability is not unknown. There is not a player in the draft that has known receiving ability in the NFL because they are not there yet. In the following highlight video what you can take away from it is that Washington is a natural pass catcher that has no issue catching a ball in traffic and who understands how to settle into the open spots in a zone which is what the Bengals ask their TEs to do on a regular basis. You can also take from the video that he is a tough tackle with the ball in his hands and is looking for yards after the catch.

The ceiling on Washington is extremely high which is what you want from a first round selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SbLkZ4_Pg

Yea. As that Video shows Darnell Washington is a dangerous TE-Y especially down the seam in play action which was most of that highlight video. In fact all but one of those highlight catches were on routes he was running in a straight line. The only breaking route was the only WR route he ran and it was a 10 yard stick with the coverage so far off he didnt have to break down. 

I have defended Darnell Washington and his skill set a ton now that the combine has given him a huge spotlight I feel like I spend time tempering expectations for him lol. He has a good chance of being one of the elite TE-Y because of his blocking dude is big long and powerful. As a receiver those highlights are what your getting he is probably not a guy your gonna line up in the slot on 3rd and long and ask to run a quick option route vs man coverage. Hes gonna be a play action guy you can get way down field and let jump guys. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea. As that Video shows Darnell Washington is a dangerous TE-Y especially down the seam in play action which was most of that highlight video. In fact all but one of those highlight catches were on routes he was running in a straight line. The only breaking route was the only WR route he ran and it was a 10 yard stick with the coverage so far off he didnt have to break down. 

I have defended Darnell Washington and his skill set a ton now that the combine has given him a huge spotlight I feel like I spend time tempering expectations for him lol. He has a good chance of being one of the elite TE-Y because of his blocking dude is big long and powerful. As a receiver those highlights are what your getting he is probably not a guy your gonna line up in the slot on 3rd and long and ask to run a quick option route vs man coverage. Hes gonna be a play action guy you can get way down field and let jump guys. 

Not sure why you don't feel he is a guy for a quick option on third and long. The guy is a monster to try and tackle. 
Reply/Quote

Maybe they're  right on this but he has to be better than Sample at catching and blocking and if Morneau is signed it seems like a good fit. You can see in the highlight reel on the ball thrown behind him he has no problem adjusting while running downfield and making the catch. 

But am fine going elsewhere, believe he will be the 3rd or 4th TE selected, But believe 2 will be gone before we pick and still think he is a good fit for what the Bengals need. Plus Georgia players have been good to the Bengals.

Heck I scream for OL or DL every draft in the first, always want to bolster the trenches. Heck still want OL or DL if the right one falls.

But this year I'm ok taking Bijan Robinson if the right guy does not fall to 28. If not like Charbonnet or Achane in the 2nd. Can not even believe I'm advocating a RB this early, but there are exceptions to all rules and I'm now on that train.  still like Washington too though.  Yet still think Bengals should go BPA. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:50 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The only TE I would take in the first would be Darnell Washington. Mayer is a solid player but never once did I watch him and think wow this guy is a must have first round player. The best way to describe him is safe pick. I would rather wait until the second or third and take Tucker Kraft over Mayer. Washington on the other hand is a plain freak. He is a dominant problem and he is going to be an absolute matchup nightmare.

I kinda like Musgrave or Kincaid as a receiving threat. I would be cool with Washington too. Reminds me of Njoku.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:34 PM)pulses Wrote: 3 years and 18 million get it done LOL

6 million per year sounds too high to me.  I would think 3 - 4 million per year sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im seeing some saying Washington is likely the most overhyped player in the draft.  He is big, athletic and great in shorts but he has zero route tree, his receiving is too big of an unknown to risk a 1st IMO, and I like the kid.  Now if you are putting 40 pounds on him and putting at RT......

Don’t need a route tree If you are gonna be wide open for 80% of your passes

His big body will allow him to catch tight covered passes too

He’s gonna be a guy that excels in the NFL game compares to what he did in college. Good luck trying to tackle him on plays like 3rd and 2
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If we land a good FA TE, then we can draft strictly BPA. Which I’m totally down with.

Judd: Totally?
Me: Totally
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Feel like you have about worn that one out.   Tongue 

[Image: IZHViSTl.jpg]

From the guy who boarded a plane just to deliver the “Jerk Store” joke.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:05 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 6 million per year sounds too high to me.  I would think 3 - 4 million per year sounds about right.

Spotrac has him valued at 10 so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:35 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: When he signs somewhere else I am going to have the police go to your house to do a welfare check on you.

And I’ll hire Mixon’s sister and boyfriend as a security detail. Better send the swat team
Reply/Quote