Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foster in for a visit
Seriously hope this is a sign. Even with bringing in minter, I think you can't pass on fosters talent. I know don't read to much into it, they bring in a lot of guys before the draft. But please, let Marvin's love for linebackers take over and get us foster.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/4/11/15245738/alabama-linebacker-reuben-foster-visiting-bengals
Reply/Quote
Could see this and would be ok with me.

Believe they have several people in mind and are in a wait and see who is left mode.

Somebody will fall to us I believe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Id much rather have Foster over Barnett. If allen isnt available i say draft Foster.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Hoping for Foster in the 1st Mixon in the 2nd maybe walker from fsu in the 3rd Reynolds in the 4th
Reply/Quote
Isn't his shoulder issue supposed to be a ... well...issue?
Reply/Quote
I wanted Foster but lately I've been having my doubts.

We usually use a two-backer, nickel set, so how much would he even see the field with us just having signed Minter and obviously having Burfict?

I can understand why Hill has been cautious after losing the playoff game for us two seasons ago, so I'm hoping that he'll be back to his powerhouse, downhill running style that made him so good, minus the fumbles.

I think OJ Howard could be a game-changer for us. Some people have us going receiver, but OJ is basically a big receiver, and think how much easier life will be on a receiver opposite of AJ with him taking all of the double-coverage with Eifert and OJ just causing defenses nightmares.

DE is a possibility but pass rushers are a dime a dozen. There's some quality ones that we can get after the first round or even the first few rounds.
Reply/Quote
How long has it been since we used a 1st round pick on a defensive player that wasn't a CB? Seems we're due.

Reply/Quote
We gotta go Foster ,Barnette, or Allen
Reply/Quote
1. Foster
2. Basham
3. Elflein

I'd be ok with those 3.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 03:01 AM)Shady Wrote: 1. Foster
2. Basham
3. Elflein

I'd be ok with those 3.

Would be ecstatic if Elflein fell to us in the 3rd and the Bengals actually drafted him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 03:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be ecstatic if Elflein fell to us in the 3rd and the Bengals actually drafted him.

Yeah, and Basham might be my favorite player in this draft. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wanted Foster but lately I've been having my doubts.

We usually use a two-backer, nickel set, so how much would he even see the field with us just having signed Minter and obviously having Burfict?

I can understand why Hill has been cautious after losing the playoff game for us two seasons ago, so I'm hoping that he'll be back to his powerhouse, downhill running style that made him so good, minus the fumbles.

I think OJ Howard could be a game-changer for us.  Some people have us going receiver, but OJ is basically a big receiver, and think how much easier life will be on a receiver opposite of AJ with him taking all of the double-coverage with Eifert and OJ just causing defenses nightmares.

DE is a possibility but pass rushers are a dime a dozen.  There's some quality ones that we can get after the first round or even the first few rounds.

Nice post Brad, plus Foster is not a game changing LB or anything either.

To me it would be a wasted pick on a small Linebacker that lowers his head far to often when tackling that cannot
cause turnovers or rush the passer. If we go LB in the first, give me Hassan Reddick who can rush the passer and
cover TE's.

Completely agree on OJ Howard, and if we do draft him it will be a sign that we are going to use our TE's more in
two TE sets which would be less predictable and would help the running game.

DE is deep, should be lots of good ones around in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Brad, plus Foster is not a game changing LB or anything either.

To me it would be a wasted pick on a small Linebacker that lowers his head far to often when tackling that cannot
cause turnovers or rush the passer. If we go LB in the first, give me Hassan Reddick who can rush the passer and
cover TE's.

Completely agree on OJ Howard, and if we do draft him it will be a sign that we are going to use our TE's more in

The comparison people have for Foster is Bobby Wagner, I can see it and if that is what we get he is a game changer. People keep talking about linebackers that rush, except 4-3 linebackers don't really rush especially middle linebackers. Last year, ironically, Bobby Wagner lead all middle linebackers with 4.5 sacks. Defensive lineman in a 4-3 rush, linebackers cover and stop the run. In our defense specifically we blitz safeties and corners more than linebackers.

I'm not a fan of MLB at 9, but Foster really is a good talent. He is as good as Ragland or Mosley coming out.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 02:34 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We gotta go Foster   ,Barnette, or Allen

no way i dont want barnette. i want allen first then foster 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Brad, plus Foster is not a game changing LB or anything either.

cover TE's.

Or to replace Eifert just in case he goes elsewhere next year via FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wanted Foster but lately I've been having my doubts.

I think OJ Howard could be a game-changer for us.  Some people have us going receiver, but OJ is basically a big receiver, and think how much easier life will be on a receiver opposite of AJ with him taking all of the double-coverage with Eifert and OJ just causing defenses nightmares.

DE is a possibility but pass rushers are a dime a dozen.  There's some quality ones that we can get after the first round or even the first few rounds.

Hill has had two years to get back to the player that he once was. It hasnt happened and its not going to happen. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:35 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Seriously hope this is a sign. Even with bringing in minter, I think you can't pass on fosters talent.  I know don't read to much into it, they bring in a lot of guys before the draft. But please, let Marvin's love for linebackers take over and get us foster.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/4/11/15245738/alabama-linebacker-reuben-foster-visiting-bengals

don't think he makes it to nine...  but we will see.
Reply/Quote

cover TE's.

if we draft him and don't do 2 TEs sets most the game  it'll be another head scratcher.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 04:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we draft him and don't do 2 TEs sets most the game  it'll be another head scratcher.

If we draft Howard he wont play much

If past experience is any indicator...
Reply/Quote
With the way this team uses LBs, I am so against drafting one top 10.

Plus doesn't this guy have several red flags, including health, off-field and something that happened at the combine?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote