Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Four consecutive years
(09-03-2017, 12:04 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Of getting zero or close to zero production from the bengals 1st round picks

Dennard
Ogbuehi
Jackson
Ross

Eifert in 2012 who has missed 32+ games in 4 years.

Awful production from our top picks in the last 5 years

Trollin', trollin', trollin'....I think my ass is swolen, rawhide!

***** on this, ***** on that, throw hissy fit, cry like a brat....ride on in, rawhiiiiiiide!

:paul:  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Trollin', trollin', trollin'....I think my ass is swolen, rawhide!

***** on this, ***** on that, throw hissy fit, cry like a brat....ride on in, rawhiiiiiiide!

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 12:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So instead of drafting Ross because of his injury history we should have drafted Foster or Allen who had even bigger injury red flags?

Foster played in every game in 2015 and 2016 for the tide

And he's starting for the 9ers this week.

Allen played in every single game for bama since 2014

No comparison
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 01:23 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Foster played in every game in 2015 and 2016 for the tide

And he's starting for the 9ers this week.

Allen played in every single game for bama since 2014

No comparison

There was talk of Foster possibly missing this season because his surgery didn't take well. Allen has had surgeries on both shoulders and arthritis is them and there are questions about how long he'll be able to last in the NFL. If the Bengals drafted one of them you'd be complaining at the first sign of trouble, and Foster has already had a few minors injuries this camp so I'm sure you'd be having a field day with that
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: There was talk of Foster possibly missing this season because his surgery didn't take well. Allen has had surgeries on both shoulders and arthritis is them and there are questions about how long he'll be able to last in the NFL. If the Bengals drafted one of them you'd be complaining at the first sign of trouble, and Foster has already had a few minors injuries this camp so I'm sure you'd be having a field day with that

Again. He is steting for the 9ers this week

He's not injured

Allen will also be playing this week with the skins

Neither of these guys missed significant time with injuries like Ross has

And Ross won't be playing this week...Cause he's injured.

Not even sure what we're debating. John Ross has been injured a ton. Can't really debate this.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Trollin', trollin', trollin'....I think my ass is swolen, rawhide!

He may be trolling...but he's starting facts. We've gotten very little out of our 1st Round draft picks in their rookie seasons for one reason or another.

They drafted Ced while he had a ruptured ACL for goodness sakes.
Reply/Quote
Fact is Ced tore his acl the year before and he was unable to participate in workouts, Ross tore his acl , 2 years ago, had a bum shoulder that prevented him from working out but he has missed time. Allen and Foster look like studs right off the bus. There is no comparison. Im hoping Ross becomes like Antonio Brown at some point in his career. But its off to a rocky start. Theres no arguing that.
Reply/Quote
Ced was a reach even if he was healthy. To draft him with a major injury was crazy. They could have likely got him in the 2nd Round.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:20 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Again. He is steting  for the 9ers this week

He's not injured

Allen will also be playing this week with the skins

Neither of these guys missed significant time with injuries like Ross has

And Ross won't be playing this week...Cause he's injured.  

Not even sure what we're debating.  John Ross has been injured a ton. Can't really debate this.

Ok gotcha, you don't care how long or often someone plays as long as they are ready week 1 of their rookie year. Makes perfect sense. We shoulda picked Allen because he woulda been ready this week even though his career may not last more than 2 years with his shoulders. As long as they play as rookies they're good picks amh
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 03:02 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ok gotcha, you don't care how long or often someone plays as long as they are ready week 1 of their rookie year. Makes perfect sense. We shoulda picked Allen because he woulda been ready this week even though his career may not last more than 2 years with his shoulders. As long as they play as rookies they're good picks amh

Using that logic, Ross may not last more than 2 years with his shoulder, ACL and knee injuries, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:42 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fact is Ced tore his acl the year before and he was unable to participate in workouts,  Ross tore his acl , 2 years ago, had a bum shoulder that prevented him from working out but he has missed time.  Allen and Foster look like studs right off the bus.  There is no comparison.     Im hoping Ross becomes like Antonio Brown at some point in his career. But its off to a rocky start.  Theres no arguing that.

It's not even week 1!!!!!! There is no point in any comparisons! People are acting like Ross is on IR or something.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 03:05 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Using that logic, Ross may not last more than 2 years with his shoulder, ACL and knee injuries, right?

No there were reports that doctors were saying Allen likely won't have a very long career due to the arthritis in his shoulders. I never heard any such reports on Ross
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 11:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Casting vote for Sunset to become the Bengals next new scout.

Seconded!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He may be trolling...but he's starting facts. We've gotten very little out of our 1st Round draft picks in their rookie seasons for one reason or another.

They drafted Ced while he had a ruptured ACL for goodness sakes.

Here's another fact:  All of those picks are on the roster and they will all have significant roles this year, except perhaps Dennard.  You don't always contribute your first year regardless...Carson Palmer didn't.  

Do you guys realize there are teams that drafted players in the first round that aren't even on an NFL roster?  And WJIII, I believe, is going to end up an All-Pro.   Ross, although he is becoming some folks favorite punching bag (I bet Ced likes him), will help transform this offense.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 02:12 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I'm just preparing for Ross to miss the majority of the season

He was injured when drafted.  Missed a year of college (2015) with an ACL  injury.  He missed 2 pre season games. And then was involved in 5 plays and injured himself again 'for a few weeks'

So then yes, you are by definition jumping the gun.

I get the concern. There were plenty leading up to the draft saying he was an injury risk waiting to happen, especially due to the microfracture surgery.
But my argument has always been that he showed he could play a full season on those knees, and he was dominant.

Luckily, Ross shouldn't have to be a major factor this year due to the WRs in front of him, and anyone who thought that Ross was somehow going to vault to WR2 just because of his draft position doesn't really understand how the Bengals operate.

I'm curious to know which player you would have taken in the draft since you have been so against the Ross pick?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm curious to know which player you would have taken in the draft since you have been so against the Ross pick?

X (pictures orange pee scrolling through all the picks to see who has had great camps).... Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here's another fact:  All of those picks are on the roster and they will all have significant roles this year, except perhaps Dennard.  You don't always contribute your first year regardless...Carson Palmer didn't.  

Do you guys realize there are teams that drafted players in the first round that aren't even on an NFL roster?  And WJIII, I believe, is going to end up an All-Pro.   Ross, although he is becoming some folks favorite punching bag (I bet Ced likes him), will help transform this offense.  

A guy like Ced is starting out of necessity...not because he earned a role.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 02:11 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: How is this clown not banned?  Can you imagine how bad fred wants back from suspension to level this troll?

Looks like someone didn't read the rules. 

LANGUAGE FILTER

We have no issue with common, everyday curse words that most would deem as innocuous. However, we do have a very basic word filter, and some of the more offensive, disrespectful or inflammatory words/terms are censored on this board.

Do not try to get around filtered words by adding letters/characters to them. Any attempts to do so could result in warnings. Repeated abuses could result in a suspension and /or ban.

SPAMMING - TROLLING
This includes: any type of advertising, click baiting and/or any form of commercial solicitation...any material that interferes with, causes issues with, or otherwise prohibits communication...as well as repeatedly and purposely posting off-topic messages or any content that impedes, derails or hijacks threads.  

Members who are found to be spamming or trolling, will be immediately warned and could be suspended. Repeated offenses may result in a permanent ban.

In addition, no member may have more than one registered account. If found to have an additional account, the user will be given an immediate warning (and possible suspension) and the alt account(s) will be deactivated. If the alt account was used for obvious trolling purposes, the user could receive an extended suspension or permanent ban. 

PERSONAL ATTACKS
Personal attacks are any communications that are intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member. There is absolutely no need for this. 

In addition, no intentional hateful language will be tolerated...including racial slurs, bigotry of any type, or purposeful insults pertaining to gender or sexual preference. Posting such things is entirely inappropriate and has no place on this board.

If you can't make your points and/or disagree with another member(s) without resorting to a personal attack- then it's better to just not reply to the user(s) or perhaps avoid posting in that topic altogether. 

Publicly calling out individual members of the staff, disciplinary actions/decisions, or the way the site is moderated in general - is also forbidden. If you have disagreement with or complaints about the staff or moderation of the board, you have the option to contact me (via PM) and we can discuss any issues or concerns.

Any instance of a personal attack will result in a warning. Repeated instances by a member will result in a suspension, and could lead to a permanent ban.

PROHIBITED MATERIALS
This is material, that if posted...will receive an automatic warning, and could lead to an automatic suspension/permanent ban, depending on the severity-

Absolutely no nudity or images/videos of sexual acts will be tolerated. If posted, the user will be immediately banned, with no exceptions.

Posting or linking to things that contain illegal content, advocates illegal activity, uses unauthorized copyrighted material, or displays obscene materials...will result in a warning, and possibly more if the the action is continued.

MEMBER AGREEMENT
As a member of, and by using the Bengals Board, you have agreed to follow the 'Code of Conduct'. You have also acknowledged that you understand the disciplinary actions for violating board rules.

If you see a post, thread or member that is violating any of the rules contained in the CoC, you have the ability to bring it to the staff's attention via the report button or by sending a PM. 

If you ever have a problem with another member, which you're are unable to resolve on your own...you can notify a member of the staff and request their assistance with the issue.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A guy like Ced is starting out of necessity...not because he earned a role.

Wrong.  If he wasn't playing well enough, they would have moved Fisher to LT and Andre Smith to RT, but he has earned the position.  

He may have had a rough start, but he is going to show that he belongs this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 01:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: X (pictures orange pee scrolling through all the picks to see who has had great camps).... Yawn

The only ones I can think that would have even made sense would have been:

1) Reuben Foster (made some tackles, has come downhill well, but with Minter brought in might not have received much playing time anyway this year. Also injury concerns at time of draft)
2) OJ Howard (4 receptions for 43 yards this preseason. Some argue(d) about Howard sitting backseat to Eifert, but the TEs have been dinged up all preseason and we haven't seen much from the TEs that have actually played this preseason. Would have been my choice if not Ross.)
3) Malik Hooker (4 tackles in Preseason game 1, nothing since. Reportedly coming along slowly and not guaranteed to be starting Week 1. Also, Bengals very high on Williams/Iloka so Hooker would have been riding bench)
4) Haason Reddick (Reports just yesterday from Cardinals are he is still adjusting to LB after primarily being DE in college)
5) OT? (Purely based on need, but a very weak OT class)
6) Marshon Lattimore? (People would have flipped if another CB was taken after re-signing DK)
7) Derek Barnett (I think we can all agree Willis and Lawson have met/exceeded any expectations and justified not taking an edge rusher in the first round)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote