Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FoxNews declares Dems take control of Senate
(01-08-2021, 08:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, in CA you get one choice; woke, far left, pandering, "progressives".  I don't disagree with your point though, I was probably exactly what you're describing for most of my life.  The past few years have definitely soured me on it.  It would absolutely be nice to see a party dedicated to personal freedom instead of varying forms of the government knowing what is best for you.

We have a Delegate that runs/caucuses with Democrats that supports universal background checks but is against any restriction on availability of anything for someone that can pass a background check. My wife grumbles about him for other reasons so I don't talk about how I'm a bit of a fanboy because he and I agree on so much.

Also, for what it's worth, most of those California "progressives" are still just the same neo-liberal shills as the rest of the mainstream Democrats, they're just pushier about it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We have a Delegate that runs/caucuses with Democrats that supports universal background checks but is against any restriction on availability of anything for someone that can pass a background check. My wife grumbles about him for other reasons so I don't talk about how I'm a bit of a fanboy because he and I agree on so much.

Also, for what it's worth, most of those California "progressives" are still just the same neo-liberal shills as the rest of the mainstream Democrats, they're just pushier about it.

Oh, most definitely, it's control wearing different clothes and that's it.  I'd be fine with UBC's as long as the database was entirely sealed and under the terms you just advanced.  A government should have nothing to fear from law abiding citizens with firearms unless they intend to do something those law abiding citizens would shoot them for.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, most definitely, it's control wearing different clothes and that's it.  I'd be fine with UBC's as long as the database was entirely sealed and under the terms you just advanced.  A government should have nothing to fear from law abiding citizens with firearms unless they intend to do something those law abiding citizens would shoot them for.

With background checks, what database do you mean? Here in Virginia, we do a state level background check and the only information that the government knows is that someone requested a background check for this person on this day. They don't get any other information.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: With background checks, what database do you mean? Here in Virginia, we do a state level background check and the only information that the government knows is that someone requested a background check for this person on this day. They don't get any other information.

I wasn't clear and I think I misunderstood.  I thought you were advocating for universal registration, which I absolutely do not want except under the terms I described.
Reply/Quote