Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack Wants 'Glass Eaters' On His O-Line!
Frank Pollack has come out and said that he wants "glass eaters on the offensive line," which just means that he wants bad dudes! He wants the kind of offensive line that comes out, scares defenses, and pushes guys around!

Quote:We know the Cincinnati Bengals will do whatever it takes to fix the offensive line in front of Joe Burrow this offseason, with Duke Tobin even saying trades could be on the table.

So what kind of player might line coach Frank Pollack and others be looking for?

Glass eaters, of course.

Speaking with the media at the scouting combine on Wednesday, Pollack dropped what will probably go down as the quote of the entire combine by suggesting he’s looking for those types of players.

We’ll have to wait which prospects (or free agents), if any, get this sort of descriptor put on their scouting reports. But with Pollack on the hunt for major upgrades, this could make for some pretty interesting prospect interview stories.

I LOVE it because it will also make our linemen know that they have to get more aggressive and more attitude! Let's also hope that free agent linemen see it and what to come here and play some gritty football!

It's what this team needs! Let's just hope that Pollack gets what he wants and Zac doesn't even DREAM of lining up in shotgun and running a draw on third and one again!
Reply/Quote
PA picked linemen based on how they handled ketchup bottles, but Pollack picks them based on how they eat ketchup bottles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I might not have liked the decision making in keeping Adeniji in the starting lineup but I cannot help but love the
way Frank Pollack goes about things. Need to go all out and get those Glass Eaters lol
Reply/Quote
and he also said this

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
havent met to many glass eaters that were very bright.
Reply/Quote
Carman is that type, mauler when he gets his hand placement down. Completely obliterated that Chief on the Perine
TD in the AFC Championship. I am liking Tyler Smith Guard out of Tulsa at 31 who plays nasty or Jamaree Salyer Guard
out of Georgia, both would also fit the definition of Glass Eaters. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: havent met to many glass eaters that were very bright.

I suspect that if we ever held a Bengals board block party, we'd discover that we had at least a few crayon eaters among us..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If our line still sucks after this we need to fire Pollack and hire a coach who will seek out linemen who eat grenades or something.
Reply/Quote
Glass-eater... sounds like it would hurt at both ends.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: PA picked linemen based on how they handled ketchup bottles, but Pollack picks them based on how they eat ketchup bottles.
Pollack picks guys that go in the locker room before they come out of the tunnel, starts screaming, and bash ketchup bottles over their heads!

[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-02-2022, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I might not have liked the decision making in keeping Adeniji in the starting lineup but I cannot help but love the
way Frank Pollack goes about things. Need to go all out and get those Glass Eaters lol
I know but, like you said, I'm hoping he helps to sign/draft guys that give our offensive attitude and get so fired up before games that it rubs off on other players and the defense to get fired up.

Then, I hope that them blowing guys off the ball on run plays just excites everyone on the team!

We've been missing this kind of attitude! Zim kind of brought it, but I feel like his was more of just an energy and players being excited to play, whereas Pollack wants guys coming out and wanting to decapitate people! 
(03-02-2022, 02:55 PM)pally Wrote: and he also said this

I love it! Let's hope that there's a hell of a competition that puts a good line out there and allows us to have some depth!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If our line still sucks after this we need to fire Pollack and hire a coach who will seek out linemen who eat grenades or something.

How about lots of Chinese food instead?

*reference to Cafeteria scene from "The Replacements"*
Reply/Quote
That's why it was incredibly ignorant to bash Carman which many on this site did. Kid played LT for 3 years at Clemson. Totally different position from many many angles, starting with requiring the over strength/lower body strength needed to play G. Plus, unlike many players, the transition is immense especially with some kids needing a body transformation to play at this level and especially a new position.
Reply/Quote
Need Offensive Linemen that will eat Taco Bell.... now that takes bravery and a little crazy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:25 PM)higgy100 Wrote: That's why it was incredibly ignorant to bash Carman which many on this site did. Kid played LT for 3 years at Clemson. Totally different position from many many angles, starting with requiring the over strength/lower body strength needed to play G. Plus, unlike many players, the transition is immense especially with some kids needing a body transformation to play at this level and especially a new position.

I am liking Stewy's thoughts of putting Carman at LG where he just looks more natural, he likes the left side.

Add Bozeman at Center, Austin Corbett at RG and Moses or Trent Brown at RT.

(03-02-2022, 03:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Need Offensive Linemen that will eat Taco Bell.... now that takes bravery and a little crazy.

Carman makes and eats more pancakes than IHOP. Mellow

Give me the PANCAKE EATERS! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:55 PM)pally Wrote: and he also said this

You'd be a fool to give up on Jackson Carman already. 

He should still be considered a future piece of this OL. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Need Offensive Linemen that will eat Taco Bell.... now that takes bravery and a little crazy.

If we make Burrow line up behind that, he's going to demand a trade.
Reply/Quote

They’d stink worse than what we already have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
That's all badass and everything, but that's what everyone wants. Finding them is the difficult part.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Frank Pollack has come out and said that he wants "glass eaters on the offensive line," which just means that he wants bad dudes! He wants the kind of offensive line that comes out, scares defenses, and pushes guys around!
My Dude

[Image: 200912+Preseason+Practice10_JN06.jpg]

[Image: LEX_200421HealthCareHeroesUKFootball06.JPG]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm9j6hQBesiUdurA925ui...w&usqp=CAU]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Causes too many false starts...
Reply/Quote