Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frank Pollack gone.
(01-16-2019, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of what i was thinking, but it is just a tweet and i can understand why Mixon liked Pollack, most of us did.

I think he wants to win #1.

True that.

Instant reactions, lasting impressions, high chance of foot in the mouth. Twitter is the worst.

Anywho, I'm sure Mixon will get behind the new coaches once he has time to digest things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon blocked me so I can't see any of his tweets
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Instant reactions, lasting impressions, high chance of foot in the mouth. Twitter is the worst.

Anywho, I'm sure Mixon will get behind the new coaches once he has time to digest things.

It is the worst, i try to not take tweets too seriously especially from young players.

Sure he will, he is a center piece to this Offense, i truly believe he will be way more excited than he was last year once he sees what a great Offensive mind can do that is not being sabotaged. Mixon was sabotaged just the same as all of our Offensive players and OC's have been under Marv, it is not a coincidence that all of our OC's did many of the same things and were not the types to stomp on teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Saints and Patriots do...
Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/1085651828220387328?s=21
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/1085651828220387328?s=21

Is there any logical reason why the Redskins would allow it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)McC Wrote: Is there any logical reason why the Redskins would allow it?

I've heard he wants out of his contract.  So if he really doesn't want to be there maybe they'll acquiesce.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)McC Wrote: Is there any logical reason why the Redskins would allow it?

What the hell does it say?  Damn firewalls at work..... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:59 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I've heard he wants out of his contract.  So if he really doesn't want to be there maybe they'll acquiesce.

That would be sweet. There's your voice of experience right there.

The whole blocking thing is kind of a mystery to me anyway.  Wouldn't there be a strong chance of disgruntlement?  Sure, I'll work for ya, ya sons a bitches.  And thanks for satnding in the way of my big break.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 08:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: What the hell does it say?  Damn firewalls at work..... Whatever

Bill Callahan is being targeted by Taylor for our OL coach. Redskins might block it, he's under contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 08:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Bill Callahan is being targeted by Taylor for our OL coach. Redskins might block it, he's under contract.

Looks like its gonna happen according to ben allbright.  He basically said 100% hes gonna be the line coach.  I knew Callahan would be the first guy that Taylor would want if Pollack wasnt here.  Happy to get Callahan if it indeed happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 11:53 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Looks like its gonna happen according to ben allbright.  He basically said 100% hes gonna be the line coach.  I knew Callahan would be the first guy that Taylor would want if Pollack wasnt here.  Happy to get Callahan if it indeed happens.

Absolutely.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 06:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Probably not realistic but I always wonder why the team did not have Anthony Munoz involved with the team in some capacity.

I think it's probably because he is enjoying retirement and doesn't want to do it..... he just does his pre season broadcast gig, and plays golf.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we will be reading "Cincinnati's new Line Coach..... Bill Callahan."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hopefully we will be reading "Cincinnati's new Line Coach..... Bill Callahan."

From everything I’m seeing the chances of that are good. I can’t get past the fact that the Redskins can block him if they want. So why wouldn’t they?

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: From everything I’m seeing the chances of that are good. I can’t get past the fact that the Redskins can block him if they want. So why wouldn’t they?

Well, they might, but in all reality, why would they want to retain a coach that doesn't want to be there? That's just a recipe for disaster...
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: From everything I’m seeing the chances of that are good. I can’t get past the fact that the Redskins can block him if they want. So why wouldn’t they?
Maybe he's not coming here to be the line coach.  Maybe he's coming here to be the OC.  Can they block him from a promotion?  All of these rules are so silly and hard to keep up with.....especially when it's been 16 years since I've had to pay attention. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I don't think he likes working with Jay and wants out. I'm guessing it's similar to Pollack. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe he's not coming here to be the line coach.  Maybe he's coming here to be the OC.  Can they block him from a promotion?  All of these rules are so silly and hard to keep up with.....especially when it's been 16 years since I've had to pay attention. LMAO

It's been widely reported O-line. I haven't heard anything about an OC. I think it has a lot to do with the length left on their contract. If its the final year, I don't think they can block them. If they have years remaining, they can block them.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:20 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's been widely reported O-line. I haven't heard anything about an OC. I think it has a lot to do with the length left on their contract. If its the final year, I don't think they can block them. If they have years remaining, they can block them.

I did see a tweet that implied OC but it was quickly shot down by Allbright. He said 100% Oline Coach and highly likely. And the good news is that he was actually ranked one spot ahead of Pollack in the OL coach rankings this season. I’m hopeful this is what happens. I think our boy Joe Mixon might be happy again.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:23 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I did see a tweet that implied OC but it was quickly shot down by Allbright. He said 100% OC and highly likely. And the good news is that he was actually ranked one spot ahead of Pollack in the OL coach rankings this season. I’m hopeful this is what happens. I think our boy Joe Mixon might be happy again.

Yeah, I don't see the fit with OC. It's been 14 years since he's had his hand in any sort of offensive play-calling. The game has changed a lot since then. Meanwhile, he's been a top 3 O-line coach since then. 
Reply/Quote