Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frank Pollack gone.
This is in the coaching section already. Please delete or merge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown wants the new head coach to hire his own staff. This is a miracle.

This is the way i have to take this, i liked Pollack but Sherman if he comes might be better and we want Taylor to be comfortable with his coaches. This is looking like a clean sweep as i said in the other Pollack thread. This is the best way to change the culture and start all new. Honestly it is refreshing in lots of ways, been needing this for a long time, even if i liked Pollack.

And yeah, thinking that Simmons and Van Pelt are going to be out next too after this news.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:47 PM)Synric Wrote: It looks like he's going follow Vic Fangio to Denver as the DC.

Oh Crap. Say What
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Oh Crap. Say What

That's the downside to waiting on a HC prospect that's still in the playoffs all the assistants are getting signed...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: We want the FO to let the coach pick his staff, if Taylor feels like he had a guy better suited for what he wants to do that’s cool.

The $64,000 question is who will be Zac Taylors Wade Phillips?? That's a Key decision that needs to be made. 
Reply/Quote
A question that you have to ask yourself is what was it exactly that you liked about Pollack - other than he replaced Alexander?

Did his zone/jump set philosophy have a significant impact?

Ultimately, can a Taylor guy do the same or better?

My bigger concern is the DC job.
Reply/Quote
Bittersweet. I liked Pollack, but this is a another sign that Taylor has 100% control over picking his staff. This is a benefit that even Marvin Lewis didn't get starting out. Marvin was stuck with many offensive coaches, including Bratkowski, Paul Alexander and several position coaches. So if anyone was worried about a new coach not getting the control Marv had, it looks like you can stop worrying.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Don't be surprised when we start seeing Ed Donatell's name floated at DC. He was the DC for the Packers when Sherman was HC/GM.

Broncos named Donatell their DC earlier this evening.
Reply/Quote
Fine with me. Sure the line sucks but why should he get a free pass? Good coaches get let go all the time cause the team or particular unit sucks. We wanted this franchise to clean house so be it. I'm curious to see who replaces him. Will it be a seasoned well known OL guru or just a nobody getting a break cause he knows the new HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hard to really evaluate him. Dallas had a loaded offensive line when he was there.

We had way less talent...but added Glenn and Price who both underperformed. Not sure you can blame much of that on Pollack.

I do favor an aggressive blocking scheme and I did like his temperament.

I do wonder sometimes when I see things like this.

Redmond and Hart sucked, can't blame that on Pollack.
Glenn and Price underperformed, can't blame that on Pollack.
Boling didn't improve from ok, can't blame that on Pollack.

So what was Pollack's job/expected performance if the OL can't be blamed on the OL Coach?   Ninja

(Not trying to bust your chops or single you out Pistons, I just thought it was amusing.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 02:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I do wonder sometimes when I see things like this.

Redmond and Hart sucked, can't blame that on Pollack.
Glenn and Price underperformed, can't blame that on Pollack.
Boling didn't improve from ok, can't blame that on Pollack.

So what was Pollack's job/expected performance if the OL can't be blamed on the OL Coach?   Ninja

(Not trying to bust your chops or single you out Pistons, I just thought it was amusing.)

To the eyes, they did look improved over the previous year. But your right, the failure does fall on his shoulders.

Reply/Quote
Eh... For everyone who isn’t a fan of this move, please take into consideration that even GREAT coaches are let go every year for various reasons... I for one am excited about this move. Whether it pans out or not, we are swinging for the fences here by letting Taylor orchestrate his staff. Isn’t that what we wanted? You can’t have your cake and eat it too (not right now anyway).

I could see it being a scheme thing, or it could actually be a thing where if there’s any seniority left on this staff, they may be shown the door. Why? He wants respect and to be looked at as the head honcho. You can’t tell me players wouldn’t have gone to Hue or Lazor with certain questions due to their comfort level with them instead of going to Taylor with HC type questions? Maybe not all players. This could be looked at as, “why does that matter?”.

I’ve worked in supervisor and manament roles before. I’ve walked into places knowing I had to earn respect with people that have been there long before me (5-10 years). Despite me being in the lead role, there would be people looking to others with seniority for answers and never coming to me with a work related issue. I wanted things done my way, not the old comfortable/wrong way. It’s apples to oranges I suppose in a way. Logistics vs. NFL lol.

My point is, we don’t want anyone stepping on Taylor’s toes. Out with old, in with the new. Just my two cents. Good luck Pollack.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Not everyone is happy about this.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 09:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:
Not everyone is happy about this.

Your link is messed up, but I can see where Mixon would be concerned. But, as long as we hire someone as good he will be fine...
Reply/Quote
Are the tweets that I’m postingshowing up for everyone? I’m embedding them like I always do and they aren’t showing up on my end? What gives?

Reply/Quote
this is a positive thing, Taylor being able to choose his own staff... almost every member, if not all. (not sure about Simmons)

Baby steps into the 21st Century of the NFL
Reply/Quote
I have to think the Bengals inked a deal with the line coach Taylor wants prior to cutting Pollack loose.....
Reply/Quote
For years I have wanted Bengals to hire a new head coach who picks most of his own staff.

These are very positive developments.
Reply/Quote
I mean you just have to wait to see what Taylor has done.

But I'm with Mixon.   Letting Pollack go was a major mistake, and strongly colors my opinion of Taylor.
Reply/Quote
It is now being reported by Elise Jesse that Pollock left of his own accord. He quit.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote