Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freaking Hobson....
He's already pushing "develop the tackles and guards we have" and go Defense in the first 3 rds. of the draft. I don't care if they load up on defense in the draft, but they better stick with the plan to address the Oline in FA.
Reply/Quote
I guess Hobson doesn't want Burrow to have a long career in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean, a link would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 02:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's already pushing "develop the tackles and guards we have" and go Defense in the first 3 rds. of the draft. I don't care if they load up on defense in the draft, but they better stick with the plan to address the Oline in FA.

Completely forgot but I literally haven’t been back on that site since they shut down the message board. Crazy how little I need it.

To your point, he’s probably just preparing us for the inevitable disappointment of the offseason. I already have 0 expectations after they decided to keep Lou.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 02:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, a link would be nice.

I think he's talking about this https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-wish-lists

Hobson is a goob
Reply/Quote
Common tactic of listing how many guys we have and acting like quantity somehow produces quality. It is like saying "Why invest in a blue chip stock when you already have ten lottery tickets."

I agree that teams have to give their draft picks time to develop. I actually had no problem with giving Michael Jordan another year to develop. But Adiniji is really the only 2nd year player we have on the O-line and he is just a 6th round pick that is a long shot to develop into a starter.
Reply/Quote
First 3 rounds on defense?????

I LOVE IT!!!!

FINALLY!!!

Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 02:47 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I guess Hobson doesn't want Burrow to have a long career in the NFL.

He was actually critical of how much they had Burrow throwing the ball.  He said developing a consistent run game would be the key to keeping Burrow healthy.  But, again, we need to upgrade the talent on the O-line to improve our run game.
Reply/Quote
Ignoring the offensive line would be a huge mistake but he is right the Bengals only have 1 proven edge defender under contract Sam Hubbard and he is a high quality run defender but average at best pass rusher.

They need to add a quality edge pass rusher this offseason somehow someway. An interior rusher would be nice too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hobson is just telling you what there going to do ( to be clear that's different from what they should do) and anyone that has been paying attention will tell you the same thing. The coaching staff likes Hart, Johnson, and Hakeem at RT and they love Williams at Left. Maybe they address guard but it's been a position where they have historically not valued over the last 15 seasons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
To be fair to Hobson, he is repeating one of the mpore popular lines I heard people here saying. . . "The offense looked good with Burrow starting"

Bengals were 25th in points and 20th in yards with Burrow starting.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To be fair to Hobson, he is repeating one of the mpore popular lines I heard people here saying.  .  .  "The offense looked good with Burrow starting"

Bengals were 25th in points and 20th in yards with Burrow starting.

Lack of a run game was a bigger contributor to those stats than Joe Burrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 03:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Lack of a run game was a bigger contributor to those stats than Joe Burrow.

Biggest contributor is Zac Taylor is an absolutely terrible Red Zone coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 03:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Biggest contributor is Zac Taylor is an absolutely terrible Red Zone coordinator.

Lack of run game was huge in the redzone. When a team gets inside the 20 you want to be able to run because the pass lanes shrink. If a team can consistently run in the redzone it pulls more defenders into the box which creates passing lanes. 

Lack of run game was the biggest offensive weakness on the year.

Reply/Quote
He has inside info so he knows that the Bengals are going to sign Scherff AND Thuney so the O line will be set by draft day.
Reply/Quote
In one of the answers, Hobson refers to Zac as a smart guy as justification for why we don't need to address the Oline.

I wouldn't pay much attention to him.
Reply/Quote
And just think, before you know it he'll be coming out with the annual what we've got to spend in free agency article.

$87,000,00 whittled down to $11.75
Reply/Quote
I think Hobs is blowing smoke in case other teams are watching/reading/listening. They want Sewell and know he's only slightly within their reach. If we don't say we're gonna get OL and that we're fine with what we have, a team may not jump ahead of us to get Sewell, since we obviously haven't indicated we want him or even shown interest.
Reply/Quote
If they address o-line with proven free agents then i would be ok with defense for 2 of the first 3 rounds. Need to bring in another WR as a burner since wr currently lack that.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was actually critical of how much they had Burrow throwing the ball.  He said developing a consistent run game would be the key to keeping Burrow healthy.  But, again, we need to upgrade the talent on the O-line to improve our run game.

Now that i think about it, maybe we should draft defense. It has not been too fruitful drafting Offensive Linemen for this team the last few drafts. That means free agency, I wonder who would be available to help our line get better?
Reply/Quote