Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson gets another shot at RG
Looks like the offensive line will remain unchanged from what we saw in week 2 according to the head coach.  Nervous

Quote:GH: Are you thinking of making any changes up front or do you like what you've got going into Phillly?

ZT: We'll keep moving forward with the group we've got and we look forward to them getting their second week together under their belts.

https://www.bengals.com/news/taylor-made-takes-keeping-o-line-intact-for-eagles
Reply/Quote
What... in the actual... F***???
Reply/Quote
I can deal with the fact that Johnson will start again. Not sure a ton of other options exist.

What just has me depressed is the way Taylor calls all the pressure on Burrow "overblown." That criticizing the OL is just trendy. I mean he sounds like he's in complete denial. And I'd think he's just defending his players publicly, but he takes a very different tone about the defense.

Somebody tell me why i'm misreading this, please, because I want to believe I am.
Reply/Quote
Burrow will be on IR soon. Taylor is the biggest moron ever
Reply/Quote
He seems delusional
Reply/Quote
This is the kind of stuff that will be his undoing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I can't blame him. Definitely sticking up for his guys a little bit.

What was that Fred Johnson's first snaps in a game at G in the NFL? And ZT says he didn't take any snaps there for a couple weeks and was basically thrown in on a short week.

We really don't have much behind him. Some of those lowlights from Thursday definitely looked like someone new to the position getting whooped on.

Once again I think we hit bottom and go up from here.
Reply/Quote
I have wanted to support Taylor, and see him succeed. I would say the same for Fred. He showed some real potential the last couple of games of 2019, and should have gotten a shot as soon as they could get him ready.

But the repeated insistence by Turner and others that our offensive line was better than fans realized always sounded , really, almost disoriented.

That's exactly how the coaches sound right now.

We will need a Jedi mind trick to keep Burrow going if the organization doesn't regain consciousness soon.
Reply/Quote
I mean we’ve heard many times lines need to gel and attain chemistry to really succeed. That’s probably his thought process, right or wrong.

Price is either hurt or permanently in the dog house.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I mean we’ve heard many times lines need to gel and attain chemistry to really succeed. That’s probably his thought process, right or wrong.

Price is permanently terrible. 
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor in his interview with Geoff Hobson said the hits and pressures on Burrow is "overblown"!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I mean we’ve heard many times lines need to gel and attain chemistry to really succeed. That’s probably his thought process, right or wrong.

There are rumors floating that Price has been nursing an ankle.
Reply/Quote
Bengals never should have drafted price.

Ogbuehi, Ross, Price. The real reasons why the line is garbage. Hart would have never been signed if these players played at least average.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 08:03 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Zac Taylor in his interview with Geoff Hobson said the hits and pressures on Burrow is "overblown"!

So were his credentials to be a HC.

Reply/Quote
A 1st, 3rd and Ross for Dion Dawkins?
Reply/Quote
LOL kay.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well here's to hoping round 2 is like 300% better than round 1.
Reply/Quote
Johnson lacks the proper body type for a OG. Hes built like OT. Shorter DTs can get their pad level lower on him
And put him rollerskates. For whatever reason he is slow coming out of his stance. He really lacks a violent punch
To the numbers.
All more the reason that Zac and his oline coach are really clueless and they need to go
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 08:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So were his credentials to be a HC.

I agree with you on that.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 08:49 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Johnson lacks the proper body type for a OG. Hes built like OT. Shorter DTs can get their pad level lower on him
And put him rollerskates. For whatever reason he is slow coming out of his stance. He really lacks a violent punch
To the numbers.
All more the reason that Zac and his oline coach are really clueless and they need to go

Putting Johnson at RT and signing Ron Leary? There has to be dudes on the street better than what we got.
Reply/Quote