Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fred Johnson re-signed
1 year $2.4 million

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't see that one happening. Hope he doesn't see the field outside of the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:11 PM)pally Wrote: 1 year $2.4 million

the big splash FA signing we all have been waiting for! but seriously, I do like Fred at T not G, good move
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:13 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Didn't see that one happening. Hope he doesn't see the field outside of the preseason.

Or blowouts when we're up 42-7 against the Browns, Ravens, and Steelers.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/jaymorrisonath/status/1503390376714981383?s=21
Reply/Quote
Not sure how this is a good sign whatsoever.....?

Reply/Quote
I like him better for OT depth than Prince, so I’m good with it.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure how this is a good sign whatsoever.....?

I believe it’s a no risk tag. We could cut him later and owe him nothing.

#Bengals tendering Fred Johnson, as
@AdamSchefter tweeted, changes little.

He's undrafted, so there would be no compensation if another team made an offer.

His one-year, $2.43M tender is not guaranteed. Bengals on hook for nothing if cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I believe it’s a no risk tag.  We could cut him later and owe him nothing.

He's undrafted, so there would be no compensation if another team made an offer.

His one-year, $2.43M tender is not guaranteed. Bengals on hook for nothing if cut.

Good point.

Reply/Quote
...Why?

He'd be OT5 at best, behind Williams, our new starting FA RT, Isaiah Prince and D'Ante Smith.

Not a great use of cap space to give your 5th OT 2.4 million.

I guess they could just cut him if they decide he isn't needed. Makes him a high probability cut in training camp unless he really balls out.
Reply/Quote
Jay Morrison

In a season where the O-line was the biggest liability, Johnson was inactive 10 times and appeared in just five games.

He didn't even crack the starting lineup in Week 18 at Cleveland when all the regulars sat.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I believe it’s a no risk tag.  We could cut him later and owe him nothing.

This is good. In light of them being able to cut him even tomorrow if they were tight on cap room there is no downside to this move.  I really hope people get that instead of saying "his" 2.43M could have been the difference between keeping Hopkins and landing a better center for instance.
Reply/Quote
This is so stupid. He barely played last year and was often inactive, even after Reiff got hurt. He is OT #4 at best, behind Jonah, Reiff, and Prince. Probably also behind Smith & Adeniji, who have more versatility. And that is before FA.

This does not bode well for re-signing Reiff, or picking up a RT in FA.

No guaranteed $$, so we can bail if we have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure how this is a good sign whatsoever.....?

Yeah. He can be waived with no cap hit.

I'd rather use this money elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This is so stupid.  He barely played last year and was often inactive, even after Reiff got hurt. He is OT #4 at best, behind Jonah, Reiff, and Prince. Probably also behind Smith & Adeniji, who have more versatility. And that is before FA.

This does not bode well for re-signing Reiff, or picking up a RT in FA.

I seriously doubt they gave this kid a 1-yr no guarantees tender with the intention of him being our starting RT. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Terrible. News is one of our AFCN foes were looking to sign him. Bengals probably being petty by placing this tender tbh. Not like he can beat out Prince so wtf.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I guess Some Body is better than No Bodies
Reply/Quote
Wasted 2.4M. If he ever sees the field its an immediate problem. Surely there was someone at league minimum to sit on the bench, who might be able to block in a game.
Reply/Quote
It's kind of funny that Rosenhaus is his agent. I guess he has some smaller name guys too.
Reply/Quote