Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency Day One
Well, aside from losing Vonn Bell today was pretty much as expected. They seem to be letting the market come to them in the positions they appear to have prioritized (OT/DE/DT).

Losing Bell sucks. Can't say the rest was a huge letdown or power up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think most people expected Pratt to leave, Bell to stay, & Bates to bolt.

So, it was a break even day, but with Pratt signing first, most (myself included) were let down when Bell got away.

EDIT: I'd be surprised to see us go OT. I think our own guys (Hurst, Perine, Apple) and a safety are the top priorities right now. After that, IOL depth. Then we can circle back & see what is left & what we need. DL, WR, RB, etc.
Reply/Quote
Hate to see Bell leave. He's been good for us.
Reply/Quote
I didn't know we lost Bell! That sucks!

Do we think the young safeties we drafted can fill in?

Does this mean we re-sign Bates or sign another safety?
Reply/Quote
Fully expect them to sign a safety better than Bell still.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:17 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I didn't know we lost Bell! That sucks!

Bates is in ATL. I think they will kick the tires on the safety group as prices start falling.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:17 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I didn't know we lost Bell! That sucks!

Bruh...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
ZzZzZz..... Tobin wake up!

I'm sure they are wheelin and deelin but for us degenerates it's tough to wait!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bates is in ATL. I think they will kick the tires on the safety group as prices start falling.

Starting from scratch! Let's do this!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well, aside from losing Vonn Bell today was pretty much as expected. They seem to be letting the market come to them in the positions they appear to have prioritized (OT/DE/DT).

How do you know they've prioritized those positions?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well, aside from losing Vonn Bell today was pretty much as expected. They seem to be letting the market come to them in the positions they appear to have prioritized (OT/DE/DT).

Not many of us expected to re-sign Pratt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I was kind of hoping for the all in two year window strategy and then worry about 2026 when it gets here. But I guess we're doing the long term planning thing. Probably smart just not my style.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:39 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I was kind of hoping for the all in two year window strategy and then worry about 2026 when it gets here.  But I guess we're doing the long term planning thing.  Probably smart just not my style.

I've never really liked the one big splash free agent signings and I'm glad the Bengals stay away from those. But looking around the league so many teams use 
the salary restructuring to push the cap to the max. I really think the Bengals need to start doing this. It's still early but I'm worried about letting two veteran safeties who know the system walk out the door. The defense might be the biggest factor of our recent success and the secondary was a very big part of that defense. 
Reply/Quote
Oh shoot, I thought the Bengals had to resign Logan Wilson! He has one more year on his rookie contract!
This is a huge win in my book!

As long as we can re-sign Perine and add some quality depth to safety, corner and oline, I'm pretty happy.

Now if we lose out on Clark Harris, then I'll freak out!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:58 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Oh shoot, I thought the Bengals had to resign Logan Wilson! He has one more year on his rookie contract!
This is a huge win in my book!

As long as we can re-sign Perine and add some quality depth to safety, corner and oline, I'm pretty happy.

Now if we lose out on Clark Harris, then I'll freak out!

I'm ok losing Harris if we can sign a cheaper player with eccentric facial hair. But, those types of players are in demand.
Reply/Quote
We do need a RT pretty badly. Also some more pass rushers and the backfield needs an infusion of youth and a shedding of backs who cannot pass block.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why everyone is freaking out about Safety. Sure, we would all like to keep Bell, but everyone pretty much knew Bates was gone. So we have Dax Hill at Free Safety. I would love to have Bell, but face it, if he wanted a 2 or 3 year deal, he's pushing 30. We are going to sign a younger version. I am not worried in the least, we have the Mad Scientist.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: We do need a RT pretty badly. Also some more pass rushers and the backfield needs an infusion of youth and a shedding of backs who cannot pass block.

Wow that’s a lot of holes for a team that got beat at the gun by the SB Champs that got a big uncharacteristic punt return and personal foul to win. And a team with the second longest season win streak in the league. Geez we were so bad then Taylor must be the reincarnation of Lombardi and Walsh.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not a good first day.

Grade is still incomplete, so we’ll see how everything unfolds.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wow that’s a lot of holes for a team that got beat at the gun by the SB Champs that got a big uncharacteristic punt return and personal foul to win. And a team with the second longest season win streak in the league. Geez we were so bad then Taylor must be the reincarnation of Lombardi and Walsh.

What?

It's just being factual. We do need a RT, the team itself has expressed a need to bolster the pass rush and it was pretty obvious last season we need an injection of youth in the backfield and also to move out backs that cannot pass protect. As needs lists goes it isn't that bad. 
Reply/Quote