4 10.81%
Geno
89.19%
33 89.19%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Free Agency is Over (before it even began)
If shelling out for Geno and Carlos extensions means they pretend to be too broke to re-sign Blodine, then I might call it even. He sucks a great deal of shit and needs to be gone, even if it's due to Bengal cap gymnastics.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 07:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: By signing to longer deals they can reduce the cap hit on this season... IE opening up money

I love how all you guys over react to shit that hasn't even happened yet...  Seriously how do any of you get thru a day

Not everyone enjoys having their lips on Mike Brown's ass. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Geno all day. DTs are less expensive. Geno is a better DT than Dunlap is a DE.

Geno is an elite DT
Dunlap is an above average DE.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 06:52 PM)Joelist Wrote:  Only this team would actually want the worst Center in the NFL back. He should be dumped with fanfare to send a message to the linemen that substandard play will no longer be accepted.

If they are not active in Free Agency we are looking at another 6 win season likely as the need for a real Center and two legit Tackles is pretty desperate. Yes if they resign Andre they might be able to put him at RT and skate by but that still leaves huge issues at C and LT.
[Image: s-l300.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Geno all day. DTs are less expensive. Geno is a better DT than Dunlap is a DE.

Geno is an elite DT
Dunlap is an above average DE.

This. Not even a question, imo.

Reply/Quote
The sky is falling before free agency even starts for the Bengal fans just like every year. Most of you need to go to depression counseling.
Reply/Quote
^^^ When the guy stands up in the group meet to tell everyone they have issues. And you are here for what again? Right, thanks for introducing yourself, now sit back down. You're no better than us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:42 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not everyone enjoys having their lips on Mike Brown's ass. 

I don't kiss mike browns ass.... never even met him.   But I don't sit here and critize things he hasn't even done yet like they are FACT and history.

Geno and Dunlap are two of our premier players of course they want to extend them....

Also they are already freaking PAID this coming season on the books... So extending them if anything should lower their hit not increase it this season..

Logic and reasoning can go a long way and it severely lacks around here.

Guys wanna complain about letting FA's walk... Here we are trying to prevent that and you still complain.   So is the method around here just to ***** about everything even things that haven't happened yet?  or do you maybe wanna sit and think WHY they want to do this?
Reply/Quote
I was looking at Dunlap's career stats. I was surprised to see he only had one year of double digit sacks. That was three years ago.

Thought it was interesting.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't kiss mike browns ass.... never even met him.   But I don't sit here and critize things he hasn't even done yet like they are FACT and history.

Geno and Dunlap are two of our premier players of course they want to extend them....

Also they are already freaking PAID this coming season on the books... So extending them if anything should lower their hit not increase it this season..

Logic and reasoning can go a long way and it severely lacks around here.

Guys wanna complain about letting FA's walk... Here we are trying to prevent that and you still complain.   So is the method around here just to ***** about everything even things that haven't happened yet?  or do you maybe wanna sit and think WHY they want to do this?

Unfortunately both Whit and Z, J.Joe and Hall, MJ and Dunlap (the first time we lost MJ), Jones and Sanu et all were on the books already when we could have extended them, so while this "logic" makes sense. History has proven otherwise.

It's proven time and time again we can only likely choose 1.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 12:25 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I was looking at Dunlap's career stats. I was surprised to see he only had one year of double digit sacks. That was three years ago.

Thought it was interesting.

And yet he ran his mouth about breaking Strahan’s sack record lol

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 12:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unfortunately both Whit and Z, J.Joe and Hall, MJ and Dunlap (the first time we lost MJ), Jones and Sanu et all were on the books already when we could have extended them, so while this "logic" makes sense. History has proven otherwise.

It's proven time and time again we can only likely choose 1.

That's the thing in all of this......history says they'll sign one, then dumpster dive FA again.  If they do something different, I'll applaud it.  However, I don't think my hands will be stinging from clapping. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dunlap's batted balls should be taken into consideration. He's contributed in ways that stats (although batted balls are a stat) don't necessarily reflect.

Makes you wonder where the roll over money for Whit, Z, Jones, Sanu, Eifert went.....

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 12:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's the thing in all of this......history says they'll sign one, then dumpster dive FA again.  If they do something different, I'll applaud it.  However, I don't think my hands will be stinging from clapping. Mellow

And I have no problem with you complaining after it happened.  It just seems that some people love to squeal and mozn so much that they have to start before they have something to squeal and moan about.

Back in '05 our entire starting O-line was set to become free agents.  We were able to sign four of the five.  We made Willie and Levi the highest paid OT tandem in the league.

Also realize that the Bengals spent OVER the league salary cap in both '15 and '16.  So it isn't not like Mike is being ridiculous stingy.

I have been critical of Mike Brown's policy regarding free agency, and I will do the same if he is not more aggressive this year.  But I am going to wait and see what happens first.

Reply/Quote
Never let it be said that any Bengals fan ever put the horse in front of the cart.
I'm still open to the possibility that they might do something different .
Just gaze out into the vast darkness in the night sky and see that tiny little glittering star all alone out there? That's our hope to cling to.. Mike Brown is our Elon Musk of FA space exploration.. The final frontier . These are the voyages of the star ship Bengals.. Their continuing mission , to seek out new free agents, to boldly go where no team has gone before .. 

Ok, so MAYBE I'm exaggerating just a tiny little itsy bitsy bit..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I have no problem with you complaining after it happened.  It just seems that some people love to squeal and mozn so much that they have to start before they have something to squeal and moan about.

Back in '05 our entire starting O-line was set to become free agents.  We were able to sign four of the five.  We made Willie and Levi the highest paid OT tandem in the league.

Also realize that the Bengals spent OVER the league salary cap in both '15 and '16.  So it isn't not like Mike is being ridiculous stingy.

I have been critical of Mike Brown's policy regarding free agency, and I will do the same if he is not more aggressive this year.  But I am going to wait and see what happens first.

I agree with that.  They tried to make the right move regarding Whit, it just backfired.  Overall, they haven't done too bad keeping their own, it's just when they didn't keep them, it seems they made the wrong calls at times.....a la JJo, Reggie, Whit...keeping Maualuga too long, etc.

FA has always been my main gripe.  I'll wait and see, but I'm just not very optimistic about it due to the precedence set.  We will see soon enough.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with that.  They tried to make the right move regarding Whit, it just backfired.  Overall, they haven't done too bad keeping their own, it's just when they didn't keep them, it seems they made the wrong calls at times.....a la JJo, Reggie, Whit...keeping Maualuga too long, etc.

FA has always been my main gripe.  I'll wait and see, but I'm just not very optimistic about it due to the precedence set.  We will see soon enough.

What's that old saying about history repeating itself....  I don't have a gripe with the Bengals resigning their good players. It's when they resign marginal players and proclaim, "that's good enough in FA".  I'm not capologist, but I am pretty sure there is enough dead weight on this roster, that if we jettison it, we could do well in FA this year.
Reply/Quote
No doubt in my mind that the Bengals will have just enough money to re-sign Blow-dine to a long term deal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What's that old saying about history repeating itself....  I don't have a gripe with the Bengals resigning their good players. It's when they resign marginal players and proclaim, "that's good enough in FA".  I'm not capologist, but I am pretty sure there is enough dead weight on this roster, that if we jettison it, we could do well in FA this year.

Absolutely.  Had they jettisoned some in the past, they could have done well then too.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 06:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: For Bengals fans looking for upgrades during Free Agency (and hoping Marvin won something when he was begged to come back) are in for a sad reality once again.

With the Front office attention fully on Dunlap and Geno this offseason, there will be no money left over. NONE. (I understand you can't tag one next offsesaon, that's only useed on Kickers).

Thus hopes of some help on the Oline will likely be Andre Smith, and LB will be re-singing Minter.

Also the growing belief is that Adam Jones will remain a Bengal so we can't create any cap space from cutting him.

Only good news is they may not be able to afford Bodine (but they'll somehow make that work).

On to the Draft.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/10/cincinnati-bengals-xtra-setting-table-bengals-free-agency/323385002/?from=new-cookie

Well we do have to bring Geno and Dunlap back, this is a must and i would be all for bringing Andre back as well.

But we need to add another Lineman and a Linebacker not named Minter if we want to free up the draft.

Saw the mock on bengals.com and it had us taking Derwin James S Florida State. Would be all for this if the draft was opened up but it would be a bad pick if not in my opinion even if Derwin is a stud. The O-line is the thing holding us back and Pollack needs some early draft picks to work with if we are going to turn this thing around.

Hope you are wrong JJ22, that is all i can say. Adam and Bodine should be gone. I want it to be like this....

We re-sign, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, bring back Andre Smith and a nice FA in Nate Solder LT and Nigel Bradham LB.

Draft Derwin James S and Frank Ragnow C Arkansas.
Reply/Quote