Eli Manning (if he dont retire)
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Free Agent QB instead?
We have a decision to make, Andy Dalton isn't the guy that is why he got benched. Finley has the weakest arm in the world and he got benched he's not the guy. After looking at Burrows, Herbert, and Tua I feel like Tua has the biggest upside. He suffered a major injury that could effect his career though. We're looking at the #1 overall pick in the draft and I do not think that any of those guys are worthy of the very 1st pick of the draft. None of those guys are Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, or Tom Brady. I feel like we need to pick up a free agent guy with some expierence. Who has actually done something and use that pick on the best player in the draft whether it be DE, LB, or OT. I'm just not feeling it with these QBs coming out this year. Herbert made some piss poor decisions against Arizona St... Burrows looks skiddish and Tua throws the ball in the dirt at times, but also makes great throws on the money.. I would take Tua if he falls to the 2nd round, but I really think we should look at getting Teddy Bridgewater from the Saints.

https://youtu.be/L9uoBpnyUZs
https://youtu.be/LpXGTJrecmc
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:17 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We have a decision to make, Andy Dalton isn't the guy that is why he got benched. Finley has the weakest arm in the world and he got benched he's not the guy. After looking at Burrows, Herbert, and Tua I feel like Tua has the biggest upside. He suffered a major injury that could effect his career though. We're looking at the #1 overall pick in the draft and I do not think that any of those guys are worthy of the very 1st pick of the draft. None of those guys are Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, or Tom Brady. I feel like we need to pick up a free agent guy with some expierence. Who has actually done something and use that pick on the best player in the draft whether it be DE, LB, or OT. I'm just not feeling it with these QBs coming out this year. Herbert made some piss poor decisions against Arizona St... Burrows looks skiddish and Tua throws the ball in the dirt at times, but also makes great throws on the money.. I would take Tua if he falls to the 2nd round, but I really think we should look at getting Teddy Bridgewater from the Saints.

https://youtu.be/L9uoBpnyUZs

Burrow is the best QB in the draft under pressure and because his offense line isn't great that's on nearly 1/3rd of his drop backs (31%).

Skiddish LoL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Bridgewater would want to play here unless he is given an offer he could not refuse, but we are talking Mike Brown here, so probably won't happen.  If TB gives up on Winston, I think Bridgewater would probably prefer to go to TB if offered, or Carolina if the situation with Cam looks grim.  

Winston is an interception machine and given how bad the Bengals defense is, they can't keep up if the QB is turning over the ball that much.

Marcus Mariota, no thanks.  Might as well keep Andy instead.

Manning, he would probably retire before playing for the Bengals.

Given that, if somehow the Bengals could land Bridgewater and use draft picks to fill other glaring holes in the team I'd be all for it.  I just don't see it happening.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I doubt that Bridgewater would come here. He turned down a starting job to stay with the Saints supposedly.

The other guys...are not good NFL QB's.

Roll the dice with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think Bridgewater would want to play here unless he is given an offer he could not refuse, but we are talking Mike Brown here, so probably won't happen.  If TB gives up on Winston, I think Bridgewater would probably prefer to go to TB if offered, or Carolina if the situation with Cam looks grim.  

Winston is a interception machine and given how bad the Bengals defense is, they can't keep up if the QB is turning over the ball that much.

Marcus Mariota, no thanks.  Might as well keep Andy instead.

Manning, he would probably retire before playing for the Bengals.

Given that, if somehow the Bengals could land Bridgewater and use draft picks to fill other glaring holes in the team I'd be all for it.  I just don't see it happening.

What's wrong with Carolina sticking with Allen? He looks decent there.
Reply/Quote
Teddy Bridgewater... Chief of the Checkdowns, Duke of the Dink and Dunk, Liege of the Lateral, and Friend of the Flat.

He would be awful to watch.

Bridgewater's 34 Career Starts:
-17 games with 200 or less passing yards
-8 games with 150 or less passing yards

If you average out his starts to a 16 game season, he would average an 18 TD/11 INT season... and Zac Taylor is sure as hell no Sean Payton.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What's wrong with Carolina sticking with Allen? He looks decent there.

He is okay, maybe has a lot to build on, but he isn't exactly anything to write home about right now.  Keep in mind he has arguably the best RB in the league when it comes to rushing and receiving, a top player at the position that can carry the team.  Still, Allen has 13 TD passes to 9 INTs, with 8 fumbles so far over 9 games.  As stated he could improve significantly given more experience but who knows.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Bridgewater is probably the only QB I'd think would consider actually playing in Cincinnati given he went to Louisville, but I could also see him interested in going to Miami since he's originally from there. That may also be in Miami's best interest, as they can get a potential franchise QB without having to spend a premium pick (if they believe Bridgewater will perform like he did in NO).

Another option to consider might be Ryan Tannehill. He's performing really well in TN, a lot of which is due to his execution of play-action.
He might be a good fit in Taylor's offense and also may not command an obnoxious amount of $$. With that said, Tannehill might consider sticking in TN, as they won't be in a good position to draft a new franchise QB and may want to roll the dice on him instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As much as I'd like to see Teddy play in Cincinnati, he is not going to leave NO. Brees is in his 19th season, Teddy is their next starting QB...
Reply/Quote
I'd take Mariota outta that group. The guy actually got off to a good start few years ago before coaching carousels, and scheme changes derailed him... He may be a good reclamation project, and if he sucks; go get Trevor Lawrence... Win win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
swap QBs with Carolina... Dalton for Cam.... lol
Reply/Quote
Believe it or not, I went with Eli Manning because Cam Newton wasn’t on the list. Eli has two Super Bowl titles under his belt and I think that counts for something because he’s been there and, more importantly, he can mentor players and coaches alike with respect to what it takes to get there. Besides, Eli still wants to start and he still has that competitive drive.
Reply/Quote
Marcus Mariota. Dude got pulled with a passer rating of 91.7. That would be the 3rd highest rating in Andy's 9 year career. Not to mention what dude gives you on the ground. I'd take Mariota over Teddy. My concern would be Zac wouldn't be smart enough to mold his game plan to Mariota's skill set.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
None of the above.

Frankly, none of those guys are better than Dalton overall, and I'm not saying that Dalton is better than any of them either. None of them are franchise changing QBs.

Reply/Quote
I can't see anyone taking a one year team friendly deal to play here. Either take a QB or keep Dalton.  These guys aren't likely to do any better and we'd be stuck with them for years.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater... Chief of the Checkdowns, Duke of the Dink and Dunk, Liege of the Lateral, and Friend of the Flat.

He would be awful to watch.

Bridgewater's 34 Career Starts:
-17 games with 200 or less passing yards
-8 games with 150 or less passing yards

If you average out his starts to a 16 game season, he would average an 18 TD/11 INT season... and Zac Taylor is sure as hell no Sean Payton.

When Dalton had a lot of talent around him he was 2nd in passer rating.  Bridgewater can't even crack the top ten with all of this:

WR Michael Thomas...1st team All Pro, Pro Bowl last 2 years (currently on pace for 150 receptions and 1800 yds)
OG Larry Warford……..Pro Bowl last 2 years
RB Alvin Kamara...…….Pro Bowl last 2 years
OT Terron Armstead....Pro Bowl last year
OT Andrus Peat...……..Pro Bowl last year
OC Max Unger...……….Pro Bowl last year
TE Jared Cook...……….Pro Bowl last year
HC Sean Peyton...…….Top 5 offense in the league 11 times in last 13 years
Reply/Quote
All of these guys would be a lateral move (at best) from Dalton.

Mariota brings little as a passer, averaging 3402 yards and 20.0 pass TD's per 16 games. He barely brings more than Andy as a runner. Despite his reputation, he's never rushed for more than 357 yards and has 3 fewer rush TDs than Dalton had after 5 years.

Bridgewater is captain checkdown, is averaging 195 pass yards under Sean Payton, and probably isn't leaving NO anyway. You also have to consider his ability to stay healthy.

Winston hands out turnovers like candy. He's averaged over 19 INT's per 16 games played. Led the NFL in fumbles in 2017. Leads in INT's this year. In total, he has a career 78 INT's and 49 fumbles in 65 starts. Dalton has 112 INT's and 44 fumbles in 128 starts. You do the math.

Eli isn't happening, and even if it did, we'd still need to draft a top QB.

Newton is easily the best QB on this list, but is he healthy and ready to go?

I guess I wouldn't whine too much with Newton + Chase Young, if Newton is healthy. Newton would just be a rental though. He'll turn 31 before next season and with how much running he's done, I don't think he'll age well. We may be seeing that already.

We should just take Burrow. He's a great prospect who many thought had already surpassed Tua before the injury. We'll be saving money by taking Burrow and cutting/trading Dalton. Cut Glenn too and suddenly we have a lot of space to sign help for the line and a pass rusher. If we sign a Cam Newton, we won't be saving any money to fix the rest of the roster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 06:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All of these guys would be a lateral move (at best) from Dalton.

Mariota brings little as a passer, averaging 3402 yards and 20.0 pass TD's per 16 games. He barely brings more than Andy as a runner. Despite his reputation, he's never rushed for more than 357 yards and has 3 fewer rush TDs than Dalton had after 5 years.

Bridgewater is captain checkdown, is averaging 195 pass yards under Sean Payton, and probably isn't leaving NO anyway. You also have to consider his ability to stay healthy.

Winston hands out turnovers like candy. He's averaged over 19 INT's per 16 games played. Led the NFL in fumbles in 2017. Leads in INT's this year. In total, he has a career 78 INT's and 49 fumbles in 65 starts. Dalton has 112 INT's and 44 fumbles in 128 starts. You do the math.

Eli isn't happening, and even if it did, we'd still need to draft a top QB.

Newton is easily the best QB on this list, but is he healthy and ready to go?

I guess I wouldn't whine too much with Newton + Chase Young, if Newton is healthy. Newton would just be a rental though. He'll turn 31 before next season and with how much running he's done, I don't think he'll age well. We may be seeing that already.

We should just take Burrow. He's a great prospect who many thought had already surpassed Tua before the injury. We'll be saving money by taking Burrow and cutting/trading Dalton. Cut Glenn too and suddenly we have a lot of space to sign help for the line and a pass rusher. If we sign a Cam Newton, we won't be saving any money to fix the rest of the roster.

yeah but after benching the dude I doubt he will want another season here without a new deal or drastic changes to coaching and personel

offseason should be interesting but sadly probly for all the wrong reasons
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but after benching the dude I doubt he will want another season here without a new deal or drastic changes to coaching and personel

offseason should be interesting but sadly probly for all the wrong reasons

Idk if he'd want to come back or not. That'd take some serious fence mending. Tbh, I want to move on. I'm just saying that if we move on from Andy, we should be looking to upgrade, not make a lateral move. Signing someone like Mariota and drafting a Chase Young would feel like bringing back the 2014 Bengals or something. That team didn't get anywhere, and we'd probably still be worse than that team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk if he'd want to come back or not. That'd take some serious fence mending. Tbh, I want to move on. I'm just saying that if we move on from Andy, we should be looking to upgrade, not make a lateral move. Signing someone like Mariota and drafting a Chase Young would feel like bringing back the 2014 Bengals or something. That team didn't get anywhere, and we'd probably still be worse than that team.

This isn't a franchise that's going to resurrect a QB that's a busts career.

Heck, we could probably bring Brady in and destroy his career.
Reply/Quote