Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ GREEN READY TO ROLL
(04-12-2020, 03:39 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Wow ok I am not here to make you believe anything...just saying how I feel about a certain player and my observation of said player last year. We are not going to see eye to eye on this. Let us just hope he can redeem himself this year and earn a new contract here or elsewhere.

You called him a cancer.  Seems like a guy saying that could offer proof.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 05:07 AM)McC Wrote: You called him a cancer.  Seems like a guy saying that could offer proof.

Check some of Dave Lapham's interviews about him last year or you could watch pre game warm ups or you could watch how he was walking around with no boot over half the year. Or you could just squeeze your eyes tightly shut and put your fingers in your ears and scream your head off like you have been doing all night.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 05:07 AM)McC Wrote: You called him a cancer.  Seems like a guy saying that could offer proof.

You could also see that the first time that was given for him to be recovered from the injury was 4 to 6 weeks i think it was. Which turned into about 5 months which just happened to be the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s only played in 14 less games than Julio Jones. And ofc they both came into the league the same year. AJ’s injuries just came back-to-back.

Julio Jones has only missed 1 game over the last 3 years and 4 over the last 6. The conversation isn't about who had a healthier career, but if you trust a player to stay healthy in 2020.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 08:00 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You could also see that the first time that was given for him to be recovered from the injury was 4 to 6 weeks i think it was. Which turned into about 5 months which just happened to be the end of the year.

So in other words, no proof whatsoever.  Just like I thought.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's a tough spot. AJ has been everything we could want except healthy the last couple of years. That's not a dig, he's an amazing talent when healthy. We just need him to stay healthy. I didn't want to tag him because I feel that's too much for a WR who has missed a ton of games recently. If they can get an extension done and lower that hit to $15m or so, I don't mind. When he's on the field he makes a difference.

All that said, we definitely need to draft a WR or 2. Unless it's on the cheap, I don't expect Ross back next season. As for AJ, it all depends on this season and/or if they reach an extension. Additional WR depth would be a big bonus for this season and potentially a necessity for moving forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:24 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: It's a tough spot. AJ has been everything we could want except healthy the last couple of years. That's not a dig, he's an amazing talent when healthy. We just need him to stay healthy. I didn't want to tag him because I feel that's too much for a WR who has missed a ton of games recently. If they can get an extension done and lower that hit to $15m or so, I don't mind. When he's on the field he makes a difference.

All that said, we definitely need to draft a WR or 2. Unless it's on the cheap, I don't expect Ross back next season. As for AJ, it all depends on this season and/or if they reach an extension. Additional WR depth would be a big bonus for this season and potentially a necessity for moving forward.

It will all depend on Burrow this year who he clicks with and who can stay healthy. I hope we get 1 or 2 WR as well and one in the 2nd round with the deep WR class this year we should be able to land a decent one in 2nd round. The 2nd rounder will be taking AJ or Ross spot next year i do not really see both coming back.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 10:26 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Julio Jones has only missed 1 game over the last 3 years and 4 over the last 6. The conversation isn't about who had a healthier career, but if you trust a player to stay healthy in 2020.

Well, I don’t think it’s a guarantee he’ll get hurt again like some seem to think if that answers the question. And even if I completely “trusted” that he won’t I still think we should draft his replacement. You’re not getting a better chance than this draft class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote