Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Bengals website:
"While Cedric Ogbuehi & Jake Fisher may have had their struggles, how many teams have a first & second-rounder as back-up tackles?"

Is this real life?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 05:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "While Cedric Ogbuehi & Jake Fisher may have had their struggles, how many teams have a first & second-rounder as back-up tackles?"

Is this real life?

Takes the spin to another level.  Another way of looking at this:  "How many teams have a 7th round pick start ahead a first & second rounder at tackle?"
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just because someone was drafted in the first round doesn't make them good, ask Ryan Leaf.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just because someone was drafted in the first round doesn't make them good, ask Ryan Leaf.

the entire draft is a gamble.... College production doesn't always translate to the pro's etc...

Plenty of 1st round bust every draft and late rounder /UDFA sleepers that go on to have great careers.

Its all just based on potential and team needs  (and leads to lots of bad decisions by teams)
Reply/Quote
Just look at the recent players drafted high in our division who are now looking for teams.. Coleman, Periman, etc. . At least we didn't draft another small school bust at #2 like we did a few years back and we still don't know if they'll finally figure out how to be great players even though the windows are quickly closing on them.. 
We didn't draft a Johnny Football .. gotta give the Bengals a little credit for avoiding that kind of debacle. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 05:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "While Cedric Ogbuehi & Jake Fisher may have had their struggles, how many teams have a first & second-rounder as back-up tackles?"

Is this real life?

To me this is like.

YEAH YOUR FOOD IS BURNT TO A CRISP...BUT IT'S STILL FOOD.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm pass.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Is this real life?

How many teams can say that Bobby Hart beat out their OTs?

I mean, the dude was awful in 2017.
2017 OT PFF grades:

Andre Smith 48.0
Jake Fisher 45.3
Eric Winston 44.0
Cedric Ogbeuhi 41.0

Bobby Hart's 522 snaps at RT: 37.7

Also, Hart actually told the Giants that he would not play. This was reported of December 30th. A player also said that he and Flowers were checked out, packed up, and ready for the season to be over.

Here's the story, along with deleted Tweets from Hart: https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/30/ex-new-york-giants-geoff-schwartz-bobby-hart-trade-barbs-twitter/

Blows me away that the Bengals signed a guy with that kind of attitude and play.
Blows me away that Ogbuehi and Fisher couldn't improve enough to beat a guy like that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just because someone was drafted in the first round doesn't make them good, ask Ryan Leaf.

You had to go to Leaf when you have Akili Smith and David Klingler right here?
Reply/Quote

Is this real life?

"Spin it to the stupid people"

It's a bit insulting.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Spin it to the stupid people"

It's a bit insulting.

It really is TBH. Bengals fans must not know their footballs. Maybe their right? We are Bengal fans I guess? But yes, pretty insulting to a fan who so badly wants this team to win it all. There are many on here who didn't watch our SB's in 81 and 88 come up short. However, their are also many of us on this board who watched them live and we are still waiting for our trophy like an addict waiting for that avenue of satisfaction. 

The feeling is real man! Twitch

Reply/Quote

Is this real life?

Who said this?  Marvin?  Andy?  Geoff?

Got a link?  I'd like to see the context of the comment.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who said this?  Marvin?  Andy?  Geoff?

Got a link?  I'd like to see the context of the comment.

That’s from Hobson.
Reply/Quote

Is this real life?

Give him a little credit, at least he didn't say"talented back-ups"....  Smirk

Btw, I read that article and thought the same thing....
Reply/Quote

Is this real life?

What's the link. Went to the site and didn't see it. What article was it?

Reply/Quote
He's spun for Ced and Fisher so much over the years, that's the best he can come up with at this point.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They don't call him Hobspin for nothin.

That dude can literally spin anything as a positive.

It's really not difficult though. Check out this thread: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Hobspin-Translator
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This is why you draft based on best available and not need. I’d rather be over flowing with talent and have trade bait at a position so I get trade for a known commodity rather than gamble just cause I need to fill a void.
Reply/Quote

Is this real life?

"Hey other teams have their 1st and second rounders on the field with the first squad..we here in Cincy do it Brownie way..as back ups. How ya like dem apples? Huh?"

-Bengals Front Office

PS- Dont forget that if you buy season tickets you get a free soda at the first home opener! Who Dey gonna give their fans a better deal? Noooooobody!
Reply/Quote
Bengals gonna Bengal
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
We could have a 1st round QB on our bench if we sign Crapston Lynch.

It is quite telling we have GM that has the job security to brag that his high draft picks aren't starters. This sums up "Bengals" in the mike Brown era perfectly.
Reply/Quote