Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun While it Lasted.
(12-13-2015, 06:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When the sky is actually falling, the sky is actually falling. I'm all for rationality but any rational Bengal fan can see that the Super Bowl aspirations are shot. Sure... McCarron can win a playoff game, great! If you have faith that the ultimate goal of Super Bowl can be reached then I envy you.

Let's keep things in perspective then.  If the Bengals beat the 49ers and Ravens, they finish at worst 12-4 and seeded 3.  If they beat the Broncos (who just got beat by a much worse team than the Bengals), then you are looking at 13-3 and the 2 seed.  It's hardly over.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:50 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Let's keep things in perspective then.  If the Bengals beat the 49ers and Ravens, they finish at worst 12-4 and seeded 3.  If they beat the Broncos (who just got beat by a much worse team than the Bengals), then you are looking at 13-3 and the 2 seed.  It's hardly over.

And if they're the 3 seed, they likely have to play the Steelers again, at home, where they are 2-12 under Marvin Lewis, playing with either a backup as their starter or a rusty Dalton healing from a fractured throwing thumb. Still not good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cutler broke his thumb week 11 of 2011 (maybe) and was out for the season. Getting a bye is the best bet to get Dalton back. But that'll be pushing it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And if they're the 3 seed, they likely have to play the Steelers again, at home, where they are 2-12 under Marvin Lewis, playing with either a backup as their starter or a rusty Dalton healing from a fractured throwing thumb. Still not good.

2-12 sure is ugly.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm just super bummed guys.

I might cry Sad

All I can say is...

The story is still being written.  

This is just a plot twist.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And if they're the 3 seed, they likely have to play the Steelers again, at home, where they are 2-12 under Marvin Lewis, playing with either a backup as their starter or a rusty Dalton healing from a fractured throwing thumb. Still not good.

I want this scenario now more than ever! Getting the playoff monkey off our backs against the steelers would be the absolute best!

I am standing up and saying I think the Bengals can do it with either McCarron or a rusty Dalton. Outside of the 2 INTs that cost us 14 pts, the Bengals D...even with a rookie and a newly promoted practice squad DB as our #2 and 3 CBs....held the steelers O to basically 1 TD (and ben threw zero TD passes). The Bengals are very capable of taking it to pittsburgh. We caught a steelers team playing at the absolute top of their game. Who is to say how they will be playing in 4 weeks and what injuries both teams could have by then? I want the steelers in the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cutler broke his thumb week 11 of 2011 (maybe) and was out for the season. Getting a bye is the best bet to get Dalton back. But that'll be pushing it.

Do you ever have a positive thought?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thumb injury in a cast on his throwing hand. How much more do you need to know? Look I'm all for optimism but there really isn't any to go around at this point.

I'm sure the team does not share your opinion.....McCarron hasn't even started his first NFL game yet.....Dalton will be on the sidelines as a QB coach now on the defenses.....AJ Green, Jones, Sanu, Eifert, Hill, Gio......McCarron knows the playbook.....We ARE going to the Play-offs......People said this about Ohio State last year losing 2 starting QBs and forced to go with 3rd QB.......I'll tell you this, this team has NO QUIT.....You may quit, but this team doesn't.  2012 at 3-5 and then going 7-1 to make play-offs proves that...NO QUIT is a football term, THE MOST IMPORTANT football term. ....Other teams have lost starting QBs and still won the Super Bowl, and Bengals can do the same. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote