Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GET THAT NOBEL PRIZE READY: North Korea Bends, Releases Three American Detainees
(05-04-2018, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NK won't disarm unless we do in SK.

China will not turn on NK.  There is no way in hell they want a western friendly country on their southern border.  China may assist in the negotiations but they are not going to sell out NK to help the US.

Well no one saw this coming so I would not count on what was thought they would not do in the past.
(05-03-2018, 06:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I didn’t see these before I responded.   The noble peace prize is brought up because obama got his for just winning an election, it’s a joke.   Just as the nobel peace prize has become.

So, it's a) The nobel prize is a joke or b) Obama got one, so Trump needs to get one too.

This seems like an either/or to me, it's strange to go both ways. It it's a ridiculous, insignificant joke prize, one doesn't need to care who gets one and who doesn't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-04-2018, 09:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not seen anything yet.

I know that they started shooting off a lot mor missels after Obama left office and Trump took over, but so far we have no agreement of any kind.

BTW when are these guys going to be released?

You didn't see a unified Korean Olympic team?

You did not see NK send an official delegation to those same Olympics?

You did not see talks of meetings between our heads of state?

As to when the guys get released, who knows? But let's not pretend it is just something folks are making up; it reeks of sour grapes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-04-2018, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't see a unified Korean Olympic team?

You did not see NK send an official delegation to those same Olympics?

You did not see talks of meetings between our heads of state?

As to when the guys get released, who knows? But let's not pretend it is just something folks are making up; it reeks of sour grapes.

Whats all these things have to do with Drumph?  The honorable (according to drumph), Kim Jong-un called him a dotard. Thats not a compliment isn't?
(05-04-2018, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't see a unified Korean Olympic team?

Not really.  They have paraded together under one flag multiple times including the summer games in '04 and the winter games in '06.

This time they did have ONE unified team that actually played together (womens ice hockey) but I don't really see that as a sign of lasting peace on the Korean peninsula.
(05-04-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.  They have paraded together under one flag multiple times including the summer games in '04 and the winter games in '06.

This time they did have ONE unified team that actually played together (womens ice hockey) but I don't really see that as a sign of lasting peace on the Korean peninsula.

So your answer confuses me. Did you see it or not? 

(05-04-2018, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to when the guys get released, who knows? But let's not pretend it is just something folks are making up; it reeks of sour grapes.

It reeks of incompetence and a complete inability of people in the Trump administration to even communicate with each other. 
(05-04-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It reeks of incompetence and a complete inability of people in the Trump administration to even communicate with each other. 

Stupid Trump administration!!!!!!! They can't tell NK when to release folks. 

(05-04-2018, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So your answer confuses me. Did you see it or not? 

I saw the Olympic teams parade together.

But my original comment was about not seeing anything that indicated there was any sort of peace agreement on the Korean peninsula. 

So I saw one, but not the other.
(05-04-2018, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stupid Trump administration!!!!!!! They can't tell NK when to release folks. 

No.  They can not make a simple announcement about the release without getting it wrong.
(05-04-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw the Olympic teams parade together.

But my original comment was about not seeing anything that indicated there was any sort of peace agreement on the Korean peninsula. 

So I saw one, but not the other.

Well your intentions aside you said you hadn't seen "anything" in reply to my post of seeing more movement on the peninsula.So I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder; as I see the unified women's hockey team as a measure not seen before.  

Hell some biased folks think the recent meeting between North and South where a NK President stepped foot in SK for the first time and the signing of the de nucularization declaration to be "something"

(05-04-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  They can not make a simple announcement about the release without getting it wrong.

What did they get wrong?

(05-04-2018, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did they get wrong?

If they were released then where are they?
(05-04-2018, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If they were released then where are they?

How unfredlike to answer a question with a question. But let's try it again:

What did they get wrong? I do believe it's a pretty straight forward question, deserving of a straight forward answer.

(05-04-2018, 01:59 PM)hollodero Wrote: So, it's a) The nobel prize is a joke or b) Obama got one, so Trump needs to get one too.

This seems like an either/or to me, it's strange to go both ways. It it's a ridiculous, insignificant joke prize, one doesn't need to care who gets one and who doesn't.

I honestly do not care if trump gets one. Obama was a joke, it was a joke. When got his, he proceeded to be a joke his entire administration. He was easily one of most anti American presidents we have had.... certainly in the modern era.

All he cared about was being a celebrity. Thanks to him now we have another celebrity president. Hopefully we can get Ted Cruz in there 2024 and set it right. 16 years of celebrity presidents is too much.
(05-04-2018, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NK won't disarm unless we do in SK.

China will not turn on NK.  There is no way in hell they want a western friendly country on their southern border.  China may assist in the negotiations but they are not going to sell out NK to help the US.

(05-04-2018, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well no one saw this coming so I would not count on what was thought they would not do in the past.

Just saw where they are considering a draw down in South Korea. Not sure how much. But it doesn’t sound like it will be much. If there is an end to the war then we should draw down some.
The Trump Nobel Prize?

Man, that Obama Nobel really did a number on y'all on the Right, didn't it? Hilarious
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-04-2018, 11:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Trump Nobel Prize?

Man, that Obama Nobel really did a number on y'all on the Right, didn't it?  Hilarious

Hell I'm on the right (if we must generalize) and I had 0 idea that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. 

You could most likely add him to 99.9% of the other winners that I had no idea that they won. 

I did hear they postponed the literature award this year because the spouse of the favorite is sketchy.  

Are people on the right still arguing about a prize they thought was stupid/didn't care about/didn't know who won until they decided Trump should have one too?

That's funny.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2018, 08:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I honestly do not care if trump gets one.

Well, you did make a thread about it. But ok, I believe you.

(05-04-2018, 08:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obama was a joke, it was a joke. When got his, he proceeded to be a joke his entire administration.  He was easily one of most anti American presidents we have had.... certainly in the modern era.  

He wasn't a "joke". I'm an outsider, but that doesn't ring true. He tried to achieve things, maybe things you don't agree with, but he did. He pushed Obamacare through and it was his effort, he led the US and the world out of the financial crisis, he tried to get rid of Guantanamo and torture and the more extreme Bush remains, and so on... he wasn't just in for being a celebrity. That's not fair to say.

Also, I wouldn't know what was so Anti-American about him. The US, as far as I can say that objectively, did good under Obama. Unemployment went down, the stock market did rise, the economic data was right and less American soldiers died on this world. The deficit was a big minus, but in retrospective, it isn't any longer.
Also, he pushed out more illegals than any president before him. He as known, even here, as "deporter-in-chief". Not that I'm for that, I'm just wondering why you consider Obama to be so "Anti-American". What's that based on.

(05-04-2018, 08:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All he cared about was being a celebrity.  Thanks to him now we have another celebrity president.  Hopefully we can get Ted Cruz in there 2024 and set it right.  16 years of celebrity presidents is too much.

lol, Ted Cruz.
But yeah, in principle you should go back to somewhat professionals. If your next president is Oprah Winfrey, the world will be in desperation.