Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
(05-01-2018, 10:10 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: No, Fisher is trash.

He was dealing with a serious health issue. Let’s wait and see on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was dealing with a serious health issue. Let’s wait and see on him.

We'll see. But to say "RT is fine" like the guy I quoted said, is beyond a stretch.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 11:30 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: We'll see. But to say "RT is fine" like the guy I quoted said, is beyond a stretch.

It’s definitely the biggest ? on the team.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 11:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely the biggest ? on the team.

I think the biggest question, or at least the most important in regard to the O-line is if Cordy Glenn can stay healthy and productive. If for whatever reason he falls, we're stuck with last years line, with only a center position upgrade to show for it. We lost the only decent tackle from last year in Andre Smith, not that we should have kept him, but that would put everything on the shoulders of Pollack and developing guards. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:17 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I think the biggest question, or at least the most important in regard to the O-line is if Cordy Glenn can stay healthy and productive. If for whatever reason he falls, we're stuck with last years line, with only a center position upgrade to show for it. We lost the only decent tackle from last year in Andre Smith, not that we should have kept him, but that would put everything on the shoulders of Pollack and developing guards. 

The best thing that could possibly happen to this team would be for Pollack to be able to utilize and develop Fisher and Og.   Neither of these guys are the type that can take a bull rush.   Alexander's schemes frequently had them taking a step back in the run game and pivoting. Hopefully Pollack will see the folly of this and have them be more aggressive and attacking, which plays to their strengths, speed and agility.   This alone will be the biggest change to our offense.  

If these two don't work out it was a wasted draft and really set this team back.  Given you have to spend picks to replace them.  We already had to give up a top tier player by trading back because we had to fill a need getting Glenn.  If he doesn't work out it just compounds the issue even more.   Thank God Alexander is gone.  He was killing us for years.
Reply/Quote
B- ... As of this moment.

Reply/Quote
Solid B.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 10:10 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: No, Fisher is trash.

Lets wait before making this prognostification shall we?

Dude had A-fib last year, a bad heart problem going on. I am willing to wait and see what he does when healthy
under Frank Pollack before i call Jake Fisher trash. He has atleast shown some good things at times unlike Og and
can play with a nasty streak. Still have hopes for this guy.

Plus he has been moved around so much how could the guy settle in and play well?

Right after they finally moved him to a permanent position he had the heart problem.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:17 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I think the biggest question, or at least the most important in regard to the O-line is if Cordy Glenn can stay healthy and productive. If for whatever reason he falls, we're stuck with last years line, with only a center position upgrade to show for it. We lost the only decent tackle from last year in Andre Smith, not that we should have kept him, but that would put everything on the shoulders of Pollack and developing guards. 

Glenn has always been healthy before last season.

He got the bone spurs removed and is ready to go.

Have a lot more confidence in him staying healthy than Andre Smith who has a long history of being injury prone.

Also, as we saw last year Boling can play LT against elite pass rushers like Suggs and he should improve with more
snaps if needed. Boling is just great insurance all over the line.

(05-02-2018, 10:07 AM)yang Wrote: The best thing that could possibly happen to this team would be for Pollack to be able to utilize and develop Fisher and Og.   Neither of these guys are the type that can take a bull rush.   Alexander's schemes frequently had them taking a step back in the run game and pivoting. Hopefully Pollack will see the folly of this and have them be more aggressive and attacking, which plays to their strengths, speed and agility.   This alone will be the biggest change to our offense.  

If these two don't work out it was a wasted draft and really set this team back.  Given you have to spend picks to replace them.  We already had to give up a top tier player by trading back because we had to fill a need getting Glenn.  If he doesn't work out it just compounds the issue even more.   Thank God Alexander is gone.  He was killing us for years.

I agree with all of this Yang. I don't have any hope for Og, he just doesn't have that TRY in him. He quits, never a
good sign. With Fisher i still have hope as i said, never know how good he can be with a new proven O-line coach
who knows how to coach up run blocking. Fisher had great feet in college and is smart and can play nasty.

He is what Pollack said he likes in his Lineman. His heart health is the question IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:44 AM)jwayne Wrote: Just a BTW, look at Sam Hubbard's stats and compare JJ Watt.
I see stats that are similar and Hubbard is bigger.
A little slower but his game stats are similar and Hubbard was more situational....

This is going to be a FUN year...

GO BENGALS

Hubbard is not BIGGER than JJ Watt, maybe taller.  He's be more able to slide to LB than DT.   He was an All State FS in HS, good pass D and expected to add weight play LB at OSU. He got up over 260 and moved to DE.   Probably more a fit to replace C Smith than a bigger guy (MJ)
Reply/Quote
We HAVE Ced Og, Westerman, Redmond, Fisher, Hopkins, Hart. We have a new line coach (hopefully a lot better) if 2 of those 6 guys DO step up... WINNER! You can't be drafting guys, failing to develop than then repeating that. It is what BAD franchises do.

I HOPE/assume the Coach looks at Ced Og in OTHER roles. Yeah.. he failed at LT, but we have another OC and another O-line Coach. Guys had a healthy offseason to be ready. Even if Ced is just a backup... I'll be okay if 2 other guys step up.

As for the REST......We DID get depth overall. We got SOME guys who showed some real abilities, did SOMETHING well. The Low picks and UFA's all had SOME upside.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:54 PM)redwood Wrote: We HAVE  Ced Og, Westerman, Redmond, Fisher, Hopkins, Hart. We have a new line coach (hopefully a lot better)  if 2 of those 6 guys DO step up... WINNER!   You can't be drafting guys, failing to develop than then repeating that. It  is what BAD franchises do.

I HOPE/assume   the Coach looks at Ced Og in OTHER roles. Yeah.. he failed at LT, but we have another OC and another O-line Coach. Guys had a healthy offseason to be ready.  Even if Ced is just a backup... I'll be okay if 2 other guys step up.

As for the REST......We DID get depth overall.  We got SOME guys who showed some real abilities, did SOMETHING well.   The Low picks and UFA's all had SOME upside.

Great reminder to us many times the answer is on the roster, some guys just need time to get stronger, get experience and develop. Others may respond to different coaching techniques and we have a new OL coach and really new OC.

I am hoping those bad (no human being deserves ti be referred to as garbage) players become good players in 2018.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great reminder to us many times the answer is on the roster, some guys just need time to get stronger, get experience and develop. Others may respond to different coaching techniques and we have a new OL coach and really new OC.

I am hoping those bad (no human being deserves ti be referred to as garbage) players become good players in 2018.

Thank you Luvnit2, it is hard for me to take a person serious when they call other people trash or garbage. At least respect the player as a person.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Glenn has always been healthy before last season.

He missed 5 games in 2016. Or did you mean before that?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets wait before making this prognostification shall we?

Dude had A-fib last year, a bad heart problem going on. I am willing to wait and see what he does when healthy
under Frank Pollack before i call Jake Fisher trash. He has atleast shown some good things at times unlike Og and
can play with a nasty streak. Still have hopes for this guy.

Plus he has been moved around so much how could the guy settle in and play well?

Right after they finally moved him to a permanent position he had the heart problem.
You're right Nate, there's a glimmer.

If Fisher pans out at right tackle we will have a good thing going on.  Plus I'm kind of expectant about the Rod Taylor guy.   Looks mean, is strong and reportedly has good feet.

I get so optimistic this time of year!

Then later I hate myself...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great reminder to us many times the answer is on the roster, some guys just need time to get stronger, get experience and develop. Others may respond to different coaching techniques and we have a new OL coach and really new OC.

Unless they play for the Steelers!

Ben Rapistburger for example is the definition of a garbage human being.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:50 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: He missed 5 games in 2016. Or did you mean before that?

Yes, i am just saying Glenn is not injury prone, like some could argue Andre Smith is.

(05-02-2018, 04:02 PM)3wt Wrote: You're right Nate, there's a glimmer.

If Fisher pans out at right tackle we will have a good thing going on.  Plus I'm kind of expectant about the Rod Taylor guy.   Looks mean, is strong and reportedly has good feet.

I get so optimistic this time of year!

Then later I hate myself...

Rod Taylor has long arms as well and could play RT or Guard for us.

All we need is for a couple of these guys to step up and play well and under Pollack i don't find it far fetched.

He must like the guys he has in house and Taylor otherwise he wouldn't of waited so long to take a G/T.

With Pollack alone we should have optimism, let alone Lazor who castrated the Piano Man, all the while adding
Cordy Glenn and finally getting that stud Center early in the Draft. This is not the normal Bengals way of doing
things.

There are many reasons why we should be optimistic this year, last year, not near as many reasons.

We had to count on PA coaching up Og, not much hope in that.
Reply/Quote
What up fanz? I give the Bengalz a solid B for the draft. They needed a C and got one. Who cares if Ragnow went before they picked?

Bates isn't a great tackler, but its nice to get a safety that can cover. Iloka and Williams can stop the run and tackle but teams can pass on us.

The DE from OSU in the 3rd Round has a high motor. Those type of effort guys usually end up decent in the NFL in some role.

Mark Walton was the Miami Hurricanes offense. I think he's surprise and could eventually be the starter if Mixon struggles years from now.

-Neon Icon
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Billy Price C Ohio State = A+ - Obviously our biggest area of need and Price is the best run blocking Center with
the biggest upside in the Draft. Just this pick solidifies the interior and now Dalton will have a pocket to step into
and our RB's will have holes to run through. Road grading run blocker and good pass protector all the while being
a great leader. Perfect pick for us, all 3 Centers were gone before our 2nd pick. Could of been a disaster if we
waited like some were calling for us to do.

Jessie Bates III Wake Forest = A - Best ballhawk in the Draft, just what we needed at Safety. Needs to work on
his tackling, only reason this is not an A+ from me and why i wanted us to take him in the 3rd.

Sam Hubbard DE Ohio State = A - Was a 2nd round talent we got in the 3rd for our rotation. Should make MJ
vulnerable. Cannot believe we took two OSU guys. Pretty crazy, love it. Needed another End badly and Hubbard
could be a great one.

Malk Jefferson LB Texas - A+ - Wanted this guy in the 2nd as well, great size and enormous talent. Watched this
guy at Texas and he always impressed me. Was wanting this guy in stripes, surprised he fell this far. Great 3rd
round.

Mark Walton RB Miami - B+ - Only reason i don't have this pick as an A is it was not a need, but the player is a
very good RB that can do it all. Just thought we had other needs to fill. But Walton could of went in the 2nd round
if not for the injury. Could be a future ST's stud for us to replace Peerman and a great backup. But i still like Brian
Hill too, which is why this pick is still not an A in my eyes, first questionable pick.

Devontae Harris CB Illinois State - A - Big rangy, fast CB. Excellent depth with high upside.

Andrew Brown DE/DT Virginia - A+ - Crazy upside and one of the best versatile D-lineman in this Draft, maybe the
best with the highest upside. Could be the steal of the Draft in the 5th round. The more i read up on this guy the
more i like, he could be a JJ Watt type or a Frostee Rucker type, we will see.

Darius Phillips CB Western Michigan - A+ - Would of taken this guy in the 4th round, might be the best returner in
college and is a fine CB to boot. Only reason he fell is the small college, he can do it all, now we are damn deep at
CB and Safety and don't have to bring back Adam and these guys are insurance in case Dennard leaves. Still think
we better give Dennard an extension though.

So, so far an A. Hope to get some crazy talent that fell cause of off the field issues in the 7th and hope we can turn
them around.

Here this,we have westerman and Redmond who are both very good,just need to play.We did not need another lineman,we have plenty,some of those guys that have not played much- because of marvin lewis. are quality players and will make the starting rotation.I give us an A grade as we got good players everywhere,better than we have especially on the defensive backfield.Our line is going to be studs,trust me,provided we have no injuries.I am telling you Redmond and westerman are studs and will make this team,maybe as backups but I could see Westerman starting,he is super strong and balls out.The biggest concern I have is having coaches that KNOW what the hell they are doing.They are unproven and that scares me,and I do not trust Marvin to not screw it up.Hopefully at the end of training camp,he doesn't release the wrong guys and they go somewhere in our division and be all pros as he has done that before. what a dud.

w
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Here this,we have westerman and Redmond who are both very good,just need to play.We did not need another lineman,we have plenty,some of those guys that have not played much- because of marvin lewis. are quality players and will make the starting rotation.I give us an A grade as we got good players everywhere,better than we have especially on the defensive backfield.Our line is going to be studs,trust me,provided we have no injuries.I am telling you Redmond and westerman are studs and will make this team,maybe as backups but I could see Westerman starting,he is super strong and balls out.The biggest concern I have is having coaches that KNOW what the hell they are doing.They are unproven and that scares me,and I do not trust Marvin to not screw it up.Hopefully at the end of training camp,he doesn't release the wrong guys and they go somewhere in our division and be all pros as he has done that before. what a dud.

w

It was puzzling last year that Westerman and Redmond didn't play as Hopkins was terriblez.

I think that Pollacks aggressive blocking scheme will be eazier to learn than Alexanders passive wait to be attacked scheme. 
Reply/Quote