Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
(05-03-2018, 01:39 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: It was puzzling last year that Westerman and Redmond didn't play as Hopkins was terriblez.

I think that Pollacks aggressive blocking scheme will be eazier to learn than Alexanders passive wait to be attacked scheme. 

Agree with all of this.   I'm not a Hopkins fan and am excited about Redmond and Westerman.   I think they got a flavor of Pollack's scheme at the end of last season.   I will be interested if we build on that and can pass protect better.

If we can do both of those things - and stop the run better - we should be a much better team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:39 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: It was puzzling last year that Westerman and Redmond didn't play as Hopkins was terriblez.

I think that Pollacks aggressive blocking scheme will be eazier to learn than Alexanders passive wait to be attacked scheme. 

I don't know much about the variety of blocking schemes you can run, but is a passive scheme like this EVER a good idea? It feels like you'd always give the initiative to the defensive line (plus I'd imagine you're more likely to get tackled behind the LOS / have the pocket collapse on the QB).

Has anyone ever run this sort of thing effectively?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Here this,we have westerman and Redmond who are both very good,just need to play.We did not need another lineman,we have plenty,some of those guys that have not played much- because of marvin lewis. are quality players and will make the starting rotation.I give us an A grade as we got good players everywhere,better than we have especially on the defensive backfield.Our line is going to be studs,trust me,provided we have no injuries.I am telling you Redmond and westerman are studs and will make this team,maybe as backups but I could see Westerman starting,he is super strong and balls out.The biggest concern I have is having coaches that KNOW what the hell they are doing.They are unproven and that scares me,and I do not trust Marvin to not screw it up.Hopefully at the end of training camp,he doesn't release the wrong guys and they go somewhere in our division and be all pros as he has done that before. what a dud.

w

Something i have been thinking about is what if both Westerman and Redmond will be just too good to not start?

With Boling's versatility i am sure he could move to RT in a pinch and we would have a line that looked like this...

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Christian Westerman
C - Billy Price
RG - Alex Redmond
RT - Clint Boling

I mean, i think this could be a great backup plan in case Fisher does not improve and Pollack really likes both
Westerman and Redmond.

Sure was puzzling, completely agree, so happy PA is gone and Pollack is here.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:18 PM)dnkw Wrote: I don't know much about the variety of blocking schemes you can run, but is a passive scheme like this EVER a good idea? It feels like you'd always give the initiative to the defensive line (plus I'd imagine you're more likely to get tackled behind the LOS / have the pocket collapse on the QB).

This is a great question, don't see how it could be effective honestly.

Completely takes away any confidence an O-lineman has too. I mean you cannot even road grade Defenders
which most Lineman live for. Almost seems like sabotage on PA's part. Sabotaging himself and his players the
stupid bastid.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:18 PM)dnkw Wrote: I don't know much about the variety of blocking schemes you can run, but is a passive scheme like this EVER a good idea? It feels like you'd always give the initiative to the defensive line (plus I'd imagine you're more likely to get tackled behind the LOS / have the pocket collapse on the QB).

Guys like Mathis fit better in aggressive schemes once they left.

I hate to say it, but didn't Bodine set bench press records in college? He might be decent in a different scheme. The Billz must think so.
Reply/Quote