Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brandon Allen starting?
(11-25-2020, 03:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Denver. 1-2

Well shit, he's already .333 better than Finley.  Wind him up, and watch him go?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy but if Allen messes up the tank job for Sewell I won’t be mad. Sure i want the best possible draft pick but after going through last year and now with Burrow going down, I honestly just want to see some wins. It’s a win win situation for me right now and the only thing I am worried about is this coaching staff all keeping their jobs. Im just tired of losing man even though I’ll be invested no matter what this franchise does it’s still tough getting excited for the product they put out week to week. I say I’m sick and tired of it but the truth is worse..... I’m used to it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Many times I find myself defending Bengal players who are average or above average not because they are great players, but because they are being called "total garbage" or "the worst in the league". But with Finley I got nothing. There are 52 QBs who have at least 90 pass attempts since 2019. Here is how Finley ranks among them

Completion%.....52nd (The only one to complete fewer than 50% of his passes)
Yds/Att.............51st
Sack%..............51st
Passer Rating....50th
Win%...............48th (actually in a five way tie for last in the league at .000%)
TD%................48th
Int%................40th

Even though he only has 97 attempts (50th in league) he did manage to throw a pick 6 in that limited playing time.

And for a final cherry on top, this year Carson Wentz has fumbled more times than any QB in the league. He fumbles once every 70.3 snaps played. Finley has fumbled ones every 52 snaps he has played.

I know Brandon Allen is a few pass attempts short to make this list but his rank wouldn’t be much higher
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I don’t think it’s unusual for a team to go a different route than their backup QB. I see teams sign and start backups all the time (relative).

Also, I could swear another team was interested in Finley when we picked him but it may’ve been Delgega (damn I don’t even know the guys name).

Someone said this seems like a desperation move by Zac to try to save his job. I hope that’s the case.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:44 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I know Brandon Allen is a few pass attempts short to make this list but his rank wouldn’t be much higher

I did not even think of Allen when I looked up those stats.  So here are some numbers that are more inclusive

2018 through 2020.  Minimum 80 attempts.  68 qualifiers.

Only 2 of the 68 have completed less than 50% of their passes

Brandon Allen......46.4%
Ryan Finley.........45.4%

Instead of listing all the other individual stats I will just note that in passer rating (which includes comp%, int%, td%, and yds/att) Allen is 60th and Finley is 66th.

And as for avoiding pass rushers, Allen was 60th in sack% while Finley was 67th.

It is going to be PAINFUL to watch the rest of the games this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not even think of Allen when I looked up those stats.  So here are some numbers that are more inclusive

2018 through 2020.  Minimum 80 attempts.  68 qualifiers.

Only 2 of the 68 have completed less than 50% of their passes

Brandon Allen......46.4%
Ryan Finley.........45.4%

Instead of listing all the other individual stats I will just note that in passer rating (which includes comp%, int%, td%, and yds/att) Allen is 60th and Finley is 66th.

And as for avoiding pass rushers, Allen was 60th in sack% while Finley was 67th.

It is going to be PAINFUL to watch the rest of the games this year.

OMG! Taylor is having to eat his own cooking.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think he can.

He was not very good at Arkansas.  I was shocked to hear he was still in the NFL when we signed him.

I beg to differ, as far as an SEC QB goes. He was good his Senior year. Improved markedly each year he started.

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/brandon-allen-2/

In case you were wondering,  I live in Arkansas. 

TBS, NFL QB is another matter...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to see Burrow get Wally Pipped  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well shit, he's already .333 better than Finley.  Wind him up, and watch him go?

I'm starting him as my FF QB1.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I recall last year some the posters on here were actually criticized
For criticising Ryan Finely.
If you know football you can see after a 2 game exhibition
If a QB has it or not.
Finely is one of the worst starting QBs Ive ever seen other than
Spergon Wynn
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:01 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm starting him as my FF QB1.   Ninja

Actually, the scary thing is if the receiver's didn't drop all those balls, he may have had a good day. He wasn't bad by any means and was far above Finley. 

Reply/Quote