Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Convention Thread
(07-19-2016, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, that was by 9 am this morning.

However I think it's time to change topics.

We need to discuss Scott Baio's plans for America.

What would Charles do if he were still in charge?

I legitimately had to look up Scott Baio, no idea who he was.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-19-2016, 04:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I legitimately had to look up Scott Baio, no idea who he was.

Come on!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2016, 04:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I legitimately had to look up Scott Baio, no idea who he was.

Commie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

I knew the WHO part of it, but the WHY is still lost on me.
(07-19-2016, 04:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Come on!

Yeah, that doesn't help. I'm not so good with the pop culture.

(07-19-2016, 05:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Commie.

Yup. LOL

(07-19-2016, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I knew the WHO part of it, but the WHY is still lost on me.

Well, that too.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
You guys poking fun at Melania's speech, but in reality, it was everywhere this morning on the internet.
Great move by Trump, media is lapping it up and giving him all kinds of free press again. You would've thought that they would've learned by now that Trump is very good at manipulating them for his own gains.

Ralph Malph will address the GOP tonight.

Didn't they do some weird shit with Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair in 2012?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-19-2016, 05:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You guys poking fun at Melania's speech, but in reality, it was everywhere this morning on the internet.
Great move by Trump, media is lapping it up and giving him all kinds of free press again. You would've thought that they would've learned by now that Trump is very good at manipulating them for his own gains.

Normally I'd agree that his attitude of having his name said is all we wants.

But this time he is suffering the brunt of it being people laughing at him.

He better hope this thing turns around or he'll be in a very foul mood when he gives his acceptance speech.
(07-19-2016, 05:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Normally I'd agree that his attitude of having his name said is all we wants.

But this time he is suffering the brunt of it being people laughing at him.

He better hope this thing turns around or he'll be in a very foul mood when he gives his acceptance speech.

It took people this long to find him this amusing? I've been laughing for a year. Then I look at the other candidate, and realize I'm laughing to keep from crying.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-19-2016, 05:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, that doesn't help. I'm not so good with the pop culture.

Yup. LOL

Well, that too.

Cuz he's in charge.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

How can you not vote for a guy that puts Omarossa in charge of African-American outreach?!?
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-19-2016, 05:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You guys poking fun at Melania's speech, but in reality, it was everywhere this morning on the internet.

Yeah, but he beat all the free press Hillary got for all that Benghazi stuff?  Hell, idiot Trump supporters are STILL talking about it and giving her free press.  Fools.
(07-19-2016, 06:05 PM)jason Wrote: It took people this long to find him this amusing? I've been laughing for a year. Then I look at the other candidate, and realize I'm laughing to keep from crying.

Oh no...most sane people knew he was a joke years ago.

And the bar was set incredibly low for this convention...or as it has become the Trump Family Reunion and Promotion Show.

So for it to be so bad so fast is just adding to the humor.  Like when Maude joined the cast of All In the Family.

ThumbsUp
(07-20-2016, 01:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but he beat all the free press Hillary got for all that Benghazi stuff?  Hell, idiot Trump supporters are STILL talking about it and giving her free press.  Fools.

Seems like every speaker is talking more about Hillary than Trump.
(07-20-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems like every speaker is talking more about Hillary than Trump.

I agree with this and it is totally ********. WTS, we might hear Trump's name a time or 2 at the DNC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

This is like a complain fest. All it is is whining and crying. I havent heard an idea yet. Other than we will put coal miners and oil drillers back to work. Like it is 1916 and not 2016 or something.

Is this what we can expect from a Trump presidency? Lots of whining and crying. And half ass shoddy work by his closest people? The speech was like a high school flunkie plagiarizing his school project. Do that in school and there would be repercussions. UC would always threaten expaultion. So his wife is made out to look like a bimbo, the staffer responsible attempts to resign, and they say no its all good?

Clown show
(07-20-2016, 04:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is like a complain fest. All it is is whining and crying. I havent heard an idea yet. Other than we will put coal miners and oil drillers back to work. Like it is 1916 and not 2016 or something.

That's pretty typical of all politicians, IMO.  I mean, I always hear partisans say one side has no ideas or plans, or lack specifics....but when I look at both sides objectively I tend to see very little differences in the quality of ideas/plans.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-20-2016, 06:35 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's pretty typical of all politicians, IMO.  I mean, I always hear partisans say one side has no ideas or plans, or lack specifics....but when I look at both sides objectively I tend to see very little differences in the quality of ideas/plans.

Right, because if any candidate stated what their actual intentions were, they would likely have no chance of ever getting elected.  They keep it bland, and appealing to most, for a reason..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Instead of endorsing Trump, Cruz just told Americans on stage at the RNC to go out in November and vote with their conscience for people that will defend the Constitution. He was booed.

That was followed by Newt trying to clean up and suggest Cruz did endorse Trump.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-20-2016, 11:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Instead of endorsing Trump, Cruz just told Americans on stage at the RNC to go out in November and vote with their conscience for people that will defend the Constitution. He was booed.

That was followed by Newt trying to clean up and suggest Cruz did endorse Trump.

I find Cruz of be one of the most repellent turds to ever grace congress.  Hate on Trump all you want, and you'd certainly have your reasons, but Cruz signed a pledge to endorse the GOP nominee.  You're either a man of your word or you're not.  Cruz just became more disgusting and I didn't think that was possible.