Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Convention Thread
(07-20-2016, 11:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I find Cruz of be one of the most repellent turds to ever grace congress.  Hate on Trump all you want, and you'd certainly have your reasons, but Cruz signed a pledge to endorse the GOP nominee.  You're either a man of your word or you're not.  Cruz just became more disgusting and I didn't think that was possible. 

In his defense, I'm pretty sure Cruz wad convinced trump was going to be smited by now.

On a different note, rand Paul skipped the circus to do free eye surgeries a few miles down the road from me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-21-2016, 12:06 AM)Benton Wrote: In his defense, I'm pretty sure Cruz wad convinced trump was going to be smited by now.

I guarantee you're correct but that doesn't change the point.  He signed the pledge, he new Trump was running.  Either you're prepared to endorse whomever wins or you're not.  If you're not then don't sign the pledge.  I'm sure many see this as a positive or honorable move by Cruz, I just don't see how breaking your word can be spun as a positive.
(07-20-2016, 11:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Instead of endorsing Trump, Cruz just told Americans on stage at the RNC to go out in November and vote with their conscience for people that will defend the Constitution. He was booed.

There's a reason Cruz is strongly disliked by his own colleagues in the Senate.  I'll never vote for Trump, but I can honestly say I wouldn't choose Trump over Cruz.

Anyway, maybe Fox will be interested in a younger, further right version of Huckabee.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-21-2016, 12:15 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: There's a reason Cruz is strongly disliked by his own colleagues in the Senate.  I'll never vote for Trump, but I can honestly say I wouldn't choose Trump over Cruz.

Anyway, maybe Fox will be interested in a younger, further right version of Huckabee.

I said it during the primaries, I'm not a big Trump fan, but I think Ted Cruz is flat out evil.  Seriously, how does his wife have sex with him, not physically but mentally.  The guy is an odious example of the human race.
(07-21-2016, 12:10 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I guarantee you're correct but that doesn't change the point.  He signed the pledge, he new Trump was running.  Either you're prepared to endorse whomever wins or you're not.  If you're not then don't sign the pledge.  I'm sure many see this as a positive or honorable move by Cruz, I just don't see how breaking your word can be spun as a positive.
Agreed, I was just taking an unnecessary shot at Cruz, who I thought was the most worrisome (I'm old enough to say that word now) of all the candidates. Nobody on either side liked him, but he painted everything as a moral cause to garner support. That can be very dangerous, especially considering some of his positions.

Im hoping this is that last we hear of Cruz.
(07-21-2016, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Agreed, I was just taking an unnecessary shot at Cruz, who I thought was the most worrisome (I'm old enough to say that word now) of all the candidates. Nobody on either side liked him, but he painted everything as a moral cause to garner support. That can be very dangerous, especially considering some of his positions.

I'd take the last we heard of Cruz in the form of, "The nude lifeless body dredged from the river has been identified as  ____".

I keed.
(07-21-2016, 12:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I said it during the primaries, I'm not a big Trump fan, but I think Ted Cruz is flat out evil.  Seriously, how does his wife have sex with him, not physically but mentally.  The guy is an odious example of the human race.

Meant to say I'd never choose Cruz over Trump.

If I had photoshop skills, I swear with a tophat and monacle Cruz is the Penguin.

Some people are just born to look like a dbag.  Unfortunately for Cruz, he also got the matching personality.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-21-2016, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Agreed, I was just taking an unnecessary shot at Cruz, who I thought was the most worrisome (I'm old enough to say that word now) of all the candidates. Nobody on either side liked him, but he painted everything as a moral cause to garner support. That can be very dangerous, especially considering some of his positions.

Glenn Beck is telling people to write-in Cruz.
Ugh..

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Thoughts on the small crowds so far? Typically it is packed, but this year a lot of empty seats though.

Anyhooters Im not a fan of Cruz, but am a fan of political knuckleballs like he threw tonight for my own amusement of seeing Trump diehards get all worked up over.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-21-2016, 02:44 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Thoughts on the small crowds so far? Typically it is packed, but this year a lot of empty seats though.

Anyhooters Im not a fan of Cruz, but am a fan of political knuckleballs like he threw tonight for my own amusement of seeing Trump diehards get all worked up over.

Trump coming down from the rafters as Cruz ended his speech was right out of the WCW playbook of Sting coming out after the NWO. I watched it for pure entertainment purposes. And actually gained a little respect for Cruz. The pledges being signed that are all about going with party over country are a load of shit. Yes cruz signed on saying he would support the GOP nominee, yes Cruz is an ultra toolbox, and yes Cruz manned up (kinda) in not going party over country.

Screw your political party. How about what is best for the country. Cruz certainly wasnt it, and Trump for sure isnt it.
(07-21-2016, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Im hoping this is that last we hear of Cruz.

It won't be. He'll try again when Trump fails and we're doing this all again. But that gives someone else a chance as well.

(07-21-2016, 04:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trump coming down from the rafters as Cruz ended his speech was right out of the WCW playbook of Sting coming out after the NWO. I watched it for pure entertainment purposes. And actually gained a little respect for Cruz. The pledges being signed that are all about going with party over country are a load of shit. Yes cruz signed on saying he would support the GOP nominee, yes Cruz is an ultra toolbox, and yes Cruz manned up (kinda) in not going party over country.

Screw your political party. How about what is best for the country. Cruz certainly wasnt it, and Trump for sure isnt it.

Can't agree here. I agree that the pledge was bull shit for the same reason you do, but the time to make that statement was when they were talking about it in the first place. He was a coward because he wouldn't say it then. He knew if he started that trend then Trump supporters wouldn't back him if he got the nod. I have zero respect for him in this because he broke his word because of being a coward rather than standing up for principles when he should have.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
So Ted Cruz....... What a dbag. Instead of taking one for the team and trying to win more voters for the good of the party, Ted takes the opportunity to posture himself for 2020.

The GOP is a hot mess.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Cruz basically said, "this isn't for the good of the party". He doesn't believe Donald Trump stands for the values he wants the party to stand for and he isn't going to fall in line. I can respect that... however, he also made a pledge... He shouldn't have made that pledge if he wasn't going to actually follow that. Come out and say at that time "I will back the candidate if they represent the values of my party". Problem was, when Iowa happened, he thought he could weasel Trump's supporters away from him as Trump (hopefully) became less relevant, so he brown nosed Trump in an attempt to no alienate his supporters.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-21-2016, 09:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cruz basically said, "this isn't for the good of the party". He doesn't believe Donald Trump stands for the values he wants the party to stand for and he isn't going to fall in line. I can respect that... however, he also made a pledge... He shouldn't have made that pledge if he wasn't going to actually follow that. Come out and say at that time "I will back the candidate if they represent the values of my party". Problem was, when Iowa happened, he thought he could weasel Trump's supporters away from him as Trump (hopefully) became less relevant, so he brown nosed Trump in an attempt to no alienate his supporters.

Well one thing for sure is that he's not getting reelected in Texas, but I think he's ok with that.
(07-21-2016, 09:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well one thing for sure is that he's not getting reelected in Texas, but I think he's ok with that.

Texas rejected Trump. I'm not sure he has anything to worry about back home.

(07-21-2016, 04:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Screw your political party. How about what is best for the country.

Therein lies our current dilemma. Politics have dissolved into simply bad mouthing the opposite party, and trying to get re-elected. The solution is term limits...a single term for all politicians. The problem is the people who you need to limit have to be the ones to vote the limits in, so it will never happen.
(07-21-2016, 09:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Texas rejected Trump. I'm not sure he has anything to worry about back home.

Texas was in on the booing after Cruz snubbed Trump, I don't think the delegates are gonna let this fly when hes up for reelection.
(07-21-2016, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Texas was in on the booing after Cruz snubbed Trump, I don't think the delegates are gonna let this fly when hes up for reelection.

Delegates aren't the people. 

The thing funny about the pledge is that it was designed when folks Nationwide and here "knew"Trump wasn't going to win the nomination. They basically did it to ensure we wouldn't run as a third party and split the GOP. I will say I supported Cruz over Trump (similar reasons to why I support Trump over Clinton) but this was dick move and if he and the rest don't fall in line, they will let the Clintons move back into their old house.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I just saw this image of the Trump family during Cruz's speech.

[Image: iJ9gFnR.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR