Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP embracing taxing the poor in Kentucky
(04-04-2018, 12:05 AM)Benton Wrote: I’m not sure I’m following. This is a state level issue. They’re raising state income taxes, cutting education funding and moving teachers from a pension system to a 401k. This has nothing to do with federal.

Don't forget that property tax hike we're going to be saddled with when they move more cost over to the counties and municipalities! Pissed

**** Matt Beavis and his Koch lackeys.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-06-2018, 02:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Don't forget that property tax hike we're going to be saddled with when they move more cost over to the counties and municipalities! Pissed

A superintendent I spoke with last year said that’s likely going to be the plan going forward, possibly even uncapping the max amounts school boards can’t raise your property tax. That way the state can give tax breaks and say “looks how great we’re doing” while pushing the tax burden To local districts even more.
(04-06-2018, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget that property tax hike we're going to be saddled with when they move more cost over to the counties and municipalities! Pissed

(04-09-2018, 10:03 AM)Benton Wrote: A superintendent I spoke with last year said that’s likely going to be the plan going forward, possibly even uncapping the max amounts school boards can’t raise your property tax. That way the state can give tax breaks and say “looks how great we’re doing” while pushing the tax burden To local districts even more.

It is truly the only time that "trickle down" actually works.  

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So is this the budget that Bevin vetoed and the legislature just overrode?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall