Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GOP rallies around Trump 9/11 lie
When your base are willing fools, you get away with playing them as such.

What Republicans are busy pushing this morning.

GOP rallies around Trump 9/11 role. “While Obama and Biden were cowering in fear on Air Force 1, Mr. Trump was on the ground with first responders searching for survivors and pulling people to safety,” Jim Jordan says. “I remember seeing him on TV, running toward the danger.”

Anyone want to take a stab at this lie? Or should we keep letting Republicans feed their base with it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-30-2019, 10:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: When your base are willing fools, you get away with playing them as such.

GOP rallies around Trump 9/11 role. “While Obama and Biden were cowering in fear on Air Force 1, Mr. Trump was on the ground with first responders searching for survivors and pulling people to safety,” Jim Jordan says. “I remember seeing him on TV, running toward the danger.”

Anyone want to take a stab at this lie? Or should we keep letting Republicans feed their base with it?

If Gym really said this he needs removed from office for not knowing his recent American history more than anything else.

I strongly suggest though that this is satire.

https://twitter.com/realdanlyons
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Only good that has come out of the lie is all the pics of Hillary there. No Trump nowhere to be found.

(07-30-2019, 10:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: If Gym really said this he needs removed from office for not knowing his recent American history more than anything else.

I strongly suggest though that this is satire.

https://twitter.com/realdanlyons

What are you talking about? There is clearly a picture of him wearing a MAGA hat on the spot.

Obama and Biden refused to do anything to stop 9/11, sitting on the presidential jet in 2001.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/29/us/politics/trump-9-11-fact-check.html

Asha Rangappa‏Verified account @AshaRangappa_ · 20h20 hours ago

Remember that Trump CANNOT STAND being in the presence of true honor, courage, and valor. He is envious of that which he knows he lacks, and it makes him feel inferior. His response is to either diminish/tear it down (eg, McCain), or falsely make himself part of the group (today).

Do you think it's a good thing that he signed the 9/11 Bill?

Or just looking for excuses to discredit it?
All Trump said was that he was down there on the ground with the people, but doesn't consider himself a first responder. With the amount of buildings he owns in that area, it's highly likely that he was down there at some point, picture or no pictures, it doesn't really matter. And yes there should be pics of Hillary, she was at a rally in Florida and claimed to be in NY on that day. So her's was an obvious lie, while with Trump's, it's hard to prove/disprove unless it can be proven that he was out of state on that day.

That other guy is stupid, it happened on Bush's watch not Obama/Biden.
I think Mike is the only guy on the board thinking Trump was running into danger to save people.

I wonder if he was on the ground when he called into the radio show bragging about how his building was the tallest in the city due to the WTC coming down. Hmm
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-30-2019, 10:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: When your base are willing fools, you get away with playing them as such.

The fact that Bush was President at the time, so Obama/Biden couldnt have been cowering in fear on AF1 should have tipped you off.
Well I knew that, but you should see the spin from Trump supporters..

"what he was saying is if they were POTUS, that is what they'd been doing"

"You all know that is what Obama/Biden would be doing".

"libtards just upset someone said something bad about Obama/Biden)".

(07-30-2019, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think Mike is the only guy on the board thinking Trump was running into danger to save people.

Except, he never claimed to have done any such thing.  He only mentioned that he went down there, as did thousands and thousands of other New Yorkers, to witness the devastation and support the first responders searching for victims.

If you listen to the actual quote, there is no way that it can be mistaken.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-30-2019, 10:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: jj22

I think Mike is the only guy on the board thinking Trump was running into danger to save people.

Can you point out where I said that.. literally or figuratively?
I'm missing something here. Who thought Obama was President during 9/11?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-30-2019, 11:15 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do you think it's a good thing that he signed the 9/11 Bill?

Or just looking for excuses to discredit it?
All Trump said was that he was down there on the ground with the people, but doesn't consider himself a first responder. With the amount of buildings he owns in that area, it's highly likely that he was down there at some point, picture or no pictures, it doesn't really matter. And yes there should be pics of Hillary, she was at a rally in Florida and claimed to be in NY on that day. So her's was an obvious lie, while with Trump's, it's hard to prove/disprove unless it can be proven that he was out of state on that day.

That other guy is stupid, it happened on Bush's watch not Obama/Biden.

It's the Left's agenda. They must find the dark cloud in front of the silver lining. I've said it for going on 3 years. They are their own worst enemies and they have no idea.

As to the point; If I'm referencing the same quote he made sure to differentiate himself from a first responder and simply said he was down there like many New Yorkers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-hillary-clinton-september-11-911-attacks-nyc-214236

Some light reading.
(07-30-2019, 03:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-hillary-clinton-september-11-911-attacks-nyc-214236

Some light reading.

Your point?
This proves Trump was there on 9/11 and Hillary wasn't.
(07-30-2019, 03:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Your point?
This proves Trump was there on 9/11 and Hillary wasn't.

I figured that one time he was walking down the street and couldn't resist a camera would get cherry picked.

Good job.

Did you get anything else from the article?
(07-30-2019, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's the Left's agenda. They must find the dark cloud in front of the silver lining. I've said it for going on 3 years. They are their own worst enemies and they have no idea.

As to the point; If I'm referencing the same quote he made sure to differentiate himself from a first responder and simply said he was down there like many New Yorkers.

Um no. You've been conned again. A regular occurance unfortunately.

Luckily there is social media and they are doing a number to this lie being spread about the hero/first responder Trump you guys are busy pushing today.

(07-30-2019, 03:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: I figured that one time he was walking down the street and couldn't resist a camera would get cherry picked.

Good job.

Did you get anything else from the article?

No, they are too busy trying to sell us on the heroics of Trump on 9/11, that nobody caught on camera.

Not even 9/11 is sacred to them. They are willing to rewrite 9/11 history to help boost Trump.