Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Chippiness
I hope everyone on the team was reminded about what happened on Jan 9 2016 when players lost their composure. They CANNOT let the Ravens bait them into doing anything stupid. I would look for the referee to call a tight game in the early going because if he lets too much of the inevitable extracurricular go on, there WILL be a fight or two

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The reffing yesterday was not good. Zac needs to be in the refs ear early and often tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The reffing yesterday was not good. Zac needs to be in the refs ear early and often tonight.

I think in part that his actions last Sunday were a headstart on this Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yea things are gonna get chippy fer sure
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping since this is the night game and will have a huge audience, coupled with the BENGALS now being one of the big 3, the refs will not let much go.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The reffing yesterday was not good. Zac needs to be in the refs ear early and often tonight.

I understood Bosa's dismay.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:49 PM)M.W. Wrote: I understood Bosa's dismay.  

Yea that right tackle was blatantly holding Bosa almost every drop back
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will be baited all game. Don’t take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea that right tackle was blatantly holding Bosa almost every drop back

I bet the Ravens try that on Trey tonight.

Maybe they will let Chase push off aggressively tonight without any flags. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea things are gonna get chippy fer sure

Nah.. as much as I'm not a fan of Zac, discipline is one of the things he's brought to this team. Granted, he can't control everyone's impulses on the field, but I am not concerned as much as I would if it was Marvin's team in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
There's an article on the Fox News website about multiple coaches and the NFLPA calling for wholesale changes after ll the blown calls in the Rams/Seahawks game. Maybe they will call the game properly since they know they are now under a microscope. Naw, they'lm do what Roger tells them to.?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:49 PM)M.W. Wrote: I understood Bosa's dismay.  

The zebras were horrible to both sides. Jacksonville got hosed on several no-calls in the first half. WTS, how that game was reffed leads me to believe the NFL could rig a game. I don’t believe they do, but after that debacle, you can see where some get that opinion.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WTS, how that game was reffed leads me to believe the NFL could rig a game. I don’t believe they do, but after that debacle, you can see where some get that opinion.

Oh you sweet naive child

To be 12 years old again
Reply/Quote

I think they are gonna let a lot of shit fly in the playoffs. It's obvious from yesterday they gonna let them play. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nah.. as much as I'm not a fan of Zac, discipline is one of the things he's brought to this team. Granted, he can't control everyone's impulses on the field, but I am not concerned as much as I would if it was Marvin's team in the playoffs.

Agree, generally speaking Zac's teams have been well disciplined. He'll warn them to keep it between the whistles..
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The Bengals will be baited all game. Don’t take it.

This!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: I hope everyone on the team was reminded about what happened on Jan 9 2016 when players lost their composure.  They CANNOT let the Ravens bait them into doing anything stupid.  I would look for the referee to call a tight game in the early going because if he lets too much of the inevitable extracurricular go on, there WILL be a fight or two

We can be damn sure they won't get the league policing any shittiness tonight.  You are dead on that they have to let their game do the talking, never push back, and play disciplined.  The only one that seems to potentially have a problem with that is Chase, and he didn't lose it this past week.  

Stop the run, get up early, and put these assbags away.  Make it happen, Bengals.  They don't belong out there with you.  
Reply/Quote
There will be a lot of Tom foolery. We just have to stay within our game and don’t let them get cheap scores and cheap shots
Reply/Quote
I feel like the team does a good job staying disciplined. They are again this year near the bottom for number of penalties. 81 penalties which ranks them 29th in number of penalties. The Cardinals are 1st in number of penalties with 118 for comparison.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2022

Last year they were ranked 31st in number of penalties with 72. Obviously they do absolutely need to avoid any silly penalties like giving other players the finger as Chase did in week 1.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:20 PM)Tony Wrote: I think they are gonna let a lot of shit fly in the playoffs. It's obvious from yesterday they gonna let them play. 

I'm all for letting them play, I just hope they call out the dirty crap.
Reply/Quote