Other
9.26%
5 9.26%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Goat, Texans Game
We will start a new tradition today (and hopefully a short-lived one). As most people know I do a Game Ball poll each week. Last year I did it for losses as well; and for the most part, folks were not fans. So this year we will try something different. We will give out a goat for a loss.

Don’t view this as an attempt to slam to team. Vote for who you think performed the worst in the loss. As with the game balls I will not nominate coaches or teams.

So who gets the 1st ever game goat:

ANDY DALTON- Attempted 38 passes; only completing 22 for under 200 yards and 0 TDs. Long ball was especially off.

JEREMY HILL- Rushed for only 15 yards at 2.1 YPC.

AJ GREEN- Only 5 catches for 65 yards and a game ending fumble

TYLER EIFERT- When did Daniel Coats turn into a white TE? Only 3 catches on 7 targets.

ERIC WINSTON- JJ Watt’s latest punching bag.

REY MAUALUGA- Our MLB had only 2 tackles and Chris Polk’s foot print on his chest.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard to say, but I gotta go Green or Eifert. Eifert had three soul crushing drops that could have at least flipped the field and Green obviously had the game ending fumble.
Reply/Quote
Its between Green and Eifert, but Green made plays early in the game to get us out of holes. That 3rd and 18 was a thing of beauty between Dalton and Green. Too bad he fumbled, or the game may have gone differently. Eifert dropped 3 very catchable balls, and some that could have gone for big gains. I'll give it to Eifert.
Reply/Quote
just a question why is GOAT used for whoever did bad.. but also used as (Greatest Of All Time)
Reply/Quote
According to PFF Eifert had a -6.7. Besides imitating Dan Coats in the passing game, he imitated Chase Coffman in blocking.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Green you can't fumble that ball at the end of the game. We win the game if he doesn't fumble.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think it's Eifert. He had three bad drops. He freelanced a route that caused a fourth incompletion. He seriously whiffed his block on the Marvin Jones run. He was damn near no help for Winston against the Texans line... Good kid. Great TE. Lousy night.
Reply/Quote
I blame everyone on offense
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Green. Facing a possible victory...fumble...game over. Shame an undefeated season had to end that way.
Still a great player. But fumbles are costly. Just ask Jeremy, the priority this team values ball security.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to PFF Eifert had a -6.7. Besides imitating Dan Coats in the passing game, he imitated Chase Coffman in blocking.

Did you see the run play where he tried to block Watt one on one?  Hopefully that never happens again...

Can we split it between Hill, Eifert, and Green?  Of just give it to the entire offense??
Reply/Quote
Anyone know what Dunlap's PFF numbers were? Only asking because he didn't register a single stat on ESPN.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hue was completely out-coached by Crennel, as soon as they took away our gimmick plays to create easy yards, we were stuck with way too many 3rd and longs. We failed to adjust and killed ourselves.

With all that said you just can't look past 18's fumble when we were on our way to scoring.
Reply/Quote
My vote goes to whoever drew up the protection scheme that had Eifert 1 v 1 blocking Merciless and Watt a few times and also had Winston 1 v 1 against Watt all night. It reminded me of when they would ask Gresham to 1 v 1 block Cameron Wake. Pretty much every team we play doubles Geno...why wouldn't they do the same to Watt? And a TE 1 v1 on a DE...when has that ever worked?
Reply/Quote
Eifert.

You have to make some catches. For him, there were three last night. He didn't catch the ones he needed. His blocking wasn't great. And it looked like his routes were off. I think on the first one he whiffed, Andy was throwing a quick spot where Eifert was supposed to be (the one Eifert dove for but was a few feet short).

Either Eifert was having an off night, or he's just not had much defending him so far this season. But he didn't play like a to 10 TE.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:40 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: My vote goes to whoever drew up the protection scheme that had Eifert 1 v 1 blocking Merciless and Watt a few times and also had Winston 1 v 1 against Watt all night. It reminded me of when they would ask Gresham to 1 v 1 block Cameron Wake. Pretty much every team we play doubles Geno...why wouldn't they do the same to Watt? And a TE 1 v1 on a DE...when has that ever worked?

They did move Watt around some, but, yeah, Winston vs Watt wasn't an even matchup. No idea why they weren't giving him some help there. 
Reply/Quote
Eifert for me. I think he's the biggest transformation this year on offense but last night was putrid. Every one of his dtops seemed to be critical.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We will start a new tradition today (and hopefully a short-lived one). As most people know I do a Game Ball poll each week. Last year I did it for losses as well; and for the most part, folks were not fans. So this year we will try something different. We will give out a goat for a loss.

Don’t view this as an attempt to slam to team. Vote for who you think performed the worst in the loss. As with the game balls I will not nominate coaches or teams.

So who gets the 1st ever game goat:

ANDY DALTON- Attempted 38 passes; only completing 22 for under 200 yards and 0 TDs. Long ball was especially off.

JEREMY HILL- Rushed for only 15 yards at 2.1 YPC.

AJ GREEN- Only 5 catches for 65 yards and a game ending fumble

TYLER EIFERT- When did Daniel Coats turn into a white TE? Only 3 catches on 7 targets.

ERIC WINSTON- JJ Watt’s latest punching bag.

REY MAUALUGA- Our MLB had only 2 tackles and Chris Polk’s foot print on his chest.

The offense was bad, very bad and the penalties just were unacceptable. It seemed almost every drive we had a 10 yard, 5 yard or multiple penalties.

As bad as others were, my vote goes to Eifert and not close. He dropped 3 first down passes and his blocking was atrocious.

AJ goes 2nd, he has fumbled away 2 potential game winners since week 17 a year ago.

I don't think anyway on defense should be considered as less than 300 yards and only 10 points is very good in the NFL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Anyone know what Dunlap's PFF numbers were? Only asking because he didn't register a single stat on ESPN.

We were dropping him into coverage at times last night, more than usual.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:20 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Hue was completely out-coached by Crennel, as soon as they took away our gimmick plays to create easy yards, we were stuck with way too many 3rd and longs. We failed to adjust and killed ourselves.

With all that said you just can't look past 18's fumble when we were on our way to scoring.

This. Seemed like Houston cloned Pittsburgh's defensive game plan and we had not made the necessary adjustments.  Their dbs  all the rouroutes and we could not pass protect.  The Hugh runs the same reverse we ran against Cleveland last  and Eifert whiffed on Mercilus.  Then there were no half time adjustments.  The triad here is Hugh, Eifert and Green.
Reply/Quote
Grrrr. I hate phones. Their DBs knew all our receivers' routes
Reply/Quote