Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(05-11-2016, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If varys got on the boat how does he kill Kevan lannister(hand of king after tywin died on the pot) and Grand master pycelle

They're working on getting back to Westros with Dany...who is currently stuck in the temple of the dosh khaleen with the other widows.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're working on getting back to Westros with Dany...who is currently stuck in the temple of the dosh khaleen with the other widows.

have they completely cut out the other Dragon Aegon? who is currently invading westros without danny because she didnt want to go.

And tryion was trying to hire sellswords to take back casterly rock... aafter he escaped the circus please tell me they put him in the circus.

Ill be caught up on the show in a few weeks just made it season 5 which if anything like book 5 will draggggggggggggggggggggggg....
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have they completely cut out the other Dragon Aegon? who is currently invading westros without danny because she didnt want to go.

And tryion was trying to hire sellswords to take back casterly rock... aafter he escaped the circus please tell me they put him in the circus.

Ill be caught up on the show in a few weeks just made it season 5 which if anything like book 5 will draggggggggggggggggggggggg....

No, they completely changed his story. No Griffith and Aegon. Varys puts Tyrion onto a boat to send him over to the Essos. The two then make their way to Mereen but Jorah kidnaps Tyrion. The two are then captured by slavers and made to fight in the fighting pits of Mereen. Jorah defeats this dude and reveals himself to Dany. She's about to order his death when Tyrion comes out from the slave pins and says he's Jorah's gift to her.

Later on the Sons of the Harpy attack the fighting pits and Dany escapes on Drogon. The two land somewhere and eventually some Dothraki get her (but it's not Jhaqo, just a rando).  

Jorah and Daario are tracking her. Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei are running the city while Varys finds out who is funding the Sons of the Harpy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 03:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, they completely changed his story. No Griffith and Aegon. Varys puts Tyrion onto a boat to send him over to the Essos. The two then make their way to Mereen but Jorah kidnaps Tyrion. The two are then captured by slavers and made to fight in the fighting pits of Mereen. Jorah defeats this dude and reveals himself to Dany. She's about to order his death when Tyrion comes out from the slave pins and says he's Jorah's gift to her.

Later on the Sons of the Harpy attack the fighting pits and Dany escapes on Drogon. The two land somewhere and eventually some Dothraki get her (but it's not Jhaqo, just a rando).  

Jorah and Daario are tracking her. Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei are running the city while Varys finds out who is funding the Sons of the Harpy.

interesting i could see the part of where danny goes on her ride on drogo coming true in the books as well. getting captured. again delaying her trip to westros.

The North could use Jorah right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The North could use Jorah right now.

Agreed. A strong, smart Mormont is needed to help save the North. Too bad he'll never forgive Ned and now has his queen.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 06:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Agreed. A strong, smart Mormont is needed to help save the North. Too bad he'll never forgive Ned and now has his queen.

yeah but neds dead and his queen kicked him out... at the very least bear island needs him its being ran by a 12 year old girl i think,.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 02:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also, what's up with the Umbers giving Rickon to Ramsey? It has to be a plan since the Umbers are completely loyal to the Starks. Littlejon brings Osha, Rickon, and Shaggydog's head saying that Greatjon is dead and he is the lord now. I just don't understand how the Umbers completely turn sides unless it's a plan. 

Completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the North thinks they are weak with Ramsay so they are planning to smash him. Interesting how every king who has died has been succeeded by a reckless person. Robb, Joffery, Ramsay
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but neds dead and his queen kicked him out... at the very least bear island needs him its being ran by a 12 year old girl i think,.

But he is going to be a Stone Man soon.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 08:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: But he is going to be a Stone Man soon.

Maybe. Stannis's daughter had it too but somehow had it stopped from spreading. 

And here's an out there theory I thought of. Maybe it stops spreading somehow, and at some point they will need to seek out whitewalker weapons from where the stoned people are, Valyria. He will have safe passage to get them by already being afflicted, or something like that. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 07:41 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the North thinks they are weak with Ramsay so they are planning to smash him. Interesting how every king who has died has been succeeded by a reckless person. Robb, Joffery, Ramsay

It has to be a trick by the Umbers. They always have been very loyal to the Starks. I found it interesting that Small John came to Ramsey very soon after he killed Roose. The Umbers knew all the details too....he wasn't buying that Roose was poisoned by his enemies. Its almost like they had a spy in the Bolton's house. I wonder if it was either Karstark (playing Ramsey), or the measter....who could have very well sent the info with a raven when Ramsey ordered ravens sent out to tell the other houses in the north that Roose was dead.

Also, Small John's excuse for seeking an alliance was that Jon Snow had let the wildings south of the wall, and he hates wildlings. Yet, he spares Osha to turn over to Ramsey with Rickon. Why wouldn't he have just killed a hated wildling and turned over Rickon by himself? I think Osha is there to help protect Rickon in any way she can.

Also, Small John confirms its Rickon with a wolf's head that was supposed to be Shaggydog's. But that head was the size of a regular wolf's head....not huge like a dire wolf. Look how big Ghost's head is...and remember, Ghost was the runt of the litter and was given to Jon Snow rather than killed.

Finally, the Umbers have always been very concerned with honor and tradition. Did you see how Small John talked his way out of having to kneel and swear fealty to Ramsey? Now he can turn on Ramsey without breaking an oath.

All in allI think it has to be a plot. Roose was always the tactical one and knew he held a good defensive position in Winterfell. It was always Ramsey who wants to strike out and attack by leaving Winterfell. He wanted to meet Stannis out in the field. He wanted to go to castle Black to attack Jon Snow. I'm sure it will be easy to draw him out under the guise of joining the Umber's army to go attack wildlings or Castle Black, then the Umbers turn on the Bolton army once they are away from Winterfell and somebody else joins them to kill Ramsey. I think it could be Jon Snow and the wildling army, or other houses in the north.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13179263_1572481622781285_81485488514616...e=57DEC675]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1481ia.jpg]
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
And, wow, does Dany have a flare for the dramatic [pun intended]

Reply/Quote
Nice stunt by Dany. As the old song goes, it looks like she is "back in the saddle again"! Wonder what Dany will think of Tyrion's arrangement with the slaver's. I thought it was good politics myself.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 02:45 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Nice stunt by Dany. As the old song goes, it looks like she is "back in the saddle again"! Wonder what Dany will think of Tyrion's arrangement with the slaver's. I thought it was good politics myself.

If it's a problem, Tyrion will play it off as buying time.

Reply/Quote
Good lord...at this pace, HBO can cover 5 books in one season....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 10:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: It has to be a trick by the Umbers. They always have been very loyal to the Starks. I found it interesting that Small John came to Ramsey very soon after he killed Roose. The Umbers knew all the details too....he wasn't buying that Roose was poisoned by his enemies. Its almost like they had a spy in the Bolton's house. I wonder if it was either Karstark (playing Ramsey), or the measter....who could have very well sent the info with a raven when Ramsey ordered ravens sent out to tell the other houses in the north that Roose was dead.

Also, Small John's excuse for seeking an alliance was that Jon Snow had let the wildings south of the wall, and he hates wildlings. Yet, he spares Osha to turn over to Ramsey with Rickon. Why wouldn't he have just killed a hated wildling and turned over Rickon by himself? I think Osha is there to help protect Rickon in any way she can.

Also, Small John confirms its Rickon with a wolf's head that was supposed to be Shaggydog's. But that head was the size of a regular wolf's head....not huge like a dire wolf. Look how big Ghost's head is...and remember, Ghost was the runt of the litter and was given to Jon Snow rather than killed.

Finally, the Umbers have always been very concerned with honor and tradition. Did you see how Small John talked his way out of having to kneel and swear fealty to Ramsey? Now he can turn on Ramsey without breaking an oath.

All in allI think it has to be a plot. Roose was always the tactical one and knew he held a good defensive position in Winterfell. It was always Ramsey who wants to strike out and attack by leaving Winterfell. He wanted to meet Stannis out in the field. He wanted to go to castle Black to attack Jon Snow. I'm sure it will be easy to draw him out under the guise of joining the Umber's army to go attack wildlings or Castle Black, then the Umbers turn on the Bolton army once they are away from Winterfell and somebody else joins them to kill Ramsey. I think it could be Jon Snow and the wildling army, or other houses in the north.

Yeah not exactly sure the umbers game... im still thinking they back the starks.  In the books after the fall of the king of the north when stannis came to the wall the umbers sent their army with stannis to attack winterfel  (whats left anyways) but also there was an umber with the boltons.  Mors umber.    so they could be playing both side to make sure they survive..   but the umber strike me as the type that would rise for the king in the north again.

But who will be the king in the north.  they kinda killed sansa plot from the books   but if rikkon returned he would be heir to winterfel
Reply/Quote
Well after what happened to Osha, I'm not sure if the Umbers are still backing the Starks. Shame, they were a good family.

Looks like the bastard letter showed up, but this time it's Rickon not the fake Arya.

Also looking like the Vale joins this big northern battle that was teased for this season.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 08:21 AM)basballguy Wrote: Good lord...at this pace, HBO can cover 5 books in one season....

Honestly, with the amount of fluff that Martin puts in his books ita not necessarily a bad thing. If they included every little sideplot and such they would probably be accused of stretching it out to make more seasons.

Very good episode though, sets a lot in motion.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 10:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Honestly, with the amount of fluff that Martin puts in his books ita not necessarily a bad thing. If they included every little sideplot and such they would probably be accused of stretching it out to make more seasons.

Very good episode though, sets a lot in motion.

I think HBO has gotten a little tired of the indeterminable amount of time they will need to wait for upcoming books. It's hard to keep that many actors together year-after-year. I'm curious as to what their deal is with Martin and how much creative input he retains with the TV show. Is he leaking the end game details to them, which he will write over the next 10+ years (providing he lives that long)? 
Reply/Quote