Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
Few things from last nights show that I enjoyed and pondered about today, after getting the worm image out of my head:

- For the first time Varys was stifled in a conversation by the red priestess. Who is hot. But is she really hot or a 400 year old hag in disguise cause she had that same necklace on. Either way Id still hit it.
- Bran was told that the past was already written in stone by Max Von Sydow. However he has twice now "made noise" in his time travel vision. Once with his father Ned at the tower, and last night with Willis aka Holddadoor. He may have a power that even old Max didnt have with the roots, which is being able to cause ripples in the past somehow altering events perhaps? Well I hope not cause that just makes stuff too confusing, like the XMen movies.
- Is Hodor really dead? It looks like he is doomed, but we dont actually see him die. Maybe next weeks episode starts with something happening that lets him live somehow? Hmm I hope so cause how will Bran and the girl get away from an army of the dead north of the wall now.
- I think Littlefinger will help Jon & Sansa retake Winterfell. His love for Cat will overcome his greed for power, and he will do the right thing to win Cat's daughter back. I just dont see him going on knowing that he betrayed Cat's only known daughter in her eyes.
- Speaking of Cat, I wonder if she will ever make a return to the show.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You know, up until the worm was shoved in our face with no chance of averting our eyes....I was wondering during the play if that was actually a girl.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 07:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Few things from last nights show that I enjoyed and pondered about today, after getting the worm image out of my head:

- For the first time Varys was stifled in a conversation by the red priestess. Who is hot. But is she really hot or a 400 year old hag in disguise cause she had that same necklace on. Either way Id still hit it.
- Bran was told that the past was already written in stone by Max Von Sydow. However he has twice now "made noise" in his time travel vision. Once with his father Ned at the tower, and last night with Willis aka Holddadoor. He may have a power that even old Max didnt have with the roots, which is being able to cause ripples in the past somehow altering events perhaps? Well I hope not cause that just makes stuff too confusing, like the XMen movies.
- Is Hodor really dead? It looks like he is doomed, but we dont actually see him die. Maybe next weeks episode starts with something happening that lets him live somehow? Hmm I hope so cause how will Bran and the girl get away from an army of the dead north of the wall now.
- I think Littlefinger will help Jon & Sansa retake Winterfell. His love for Cat will overcome his greed for power, and he will do the right thing to win Cat's daughter back. I just dont see him going on knowing that he betrayed Cat's only known daughter in her eyes.

I'm with Pat in that I don't think they'll have Bran doing any altering of timelines and the such. 

Fairly certain they cut Lady Stoneheart. The actress has come out and said as much. The TV is probably bet off for it. It has a hard enough time giving enough screen time to all the different storylines. Stoneheart is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, imo. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:05 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You know, up until the worm was shoved in our face with no chance of averting our eyes....I was wondering during the play if that was actually a girl.

Thankfully, I did not see that part. I must have had my eyes averted (Yes! There is a God!!).

Was that when they were backstage and he was saying something about having warts on his thing?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 09:18 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Thankfully, I did not see that part. I must have had my eyes averted (Yes! There is a God!!).

Was that when they were backstage and he was saying something about having warts on his thing?

Yes, and I would say it was completely unnecessary to show it, but dont want this to turn into a P&R discussion. :/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 07:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Few things from last nights show that I enjoyed and pondered about today, after getting the worm image out of my head:

I think what they're telling us is that anything Bran will do has already happened in the past. So he always went back in time and warged Hodor. He always yelled Ned's name.

Littlefinger may help the cause, even if indirectly. If Robin has a say, he'll be telling his commanders to support Sansa.

I think they already said no Lady Stoneheart at all. They don't need Frey killing filler.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So some rumor spoilers

>

>
>
>
>>>

>
>
>
>>

>>

>
>

19/20 year old Ned will return briefly next episode and then again with significant screen time in the season finale (Tower of Joy reveal?)

Also, people who watched the filming in Ireland are calling the impending battle the "Battle of Six Armies". Ramsay comes with flayed men on fire and apparently we know the people who are on fire. It's suppose to be "the moment" of Season 6. Question is, who are the armies?

1) Wildlings/Nights Watch
2) Pro Stark Northern Houses
3) Boltons
4) Pro Bolton Northern Houses
5)The Vale
6) Tullys

Now, if we combine the Stark and Bolton allies with the Wildlings and Boltons, that leaves 2 open spots. Lannisters and Tyrells are busy in the capital. Martells aren't going anywhere for now.

Greyjoys?

>
>>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 11:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So some rumor spoilers

>

>
>
>
>>>

>
>
>
>>

>>

>
>

19/20 year old Ned will return briefly next episode and then again with significant screen time in the season finale (Tower of Joy reveal?)

Also, people who watched the filming in Ireland are calling the impending battle the "Battle of Six Armies". Ramsay comes with flayed men on fire and apparently we know the people who are on fire. It's suppose to be "the moment" of Season 6. Question is, who are the armies?

1) Wildlings/Nights Watch
2) Pro Stark Northern Houses
3) Boltons
4) Pro Bolton Northern Houses
5)The Vale
6) Tullys

Now, if we combine the Stark and Bolton allies with the Wildlings and Boltons, that leaves 2 open spots. Lannisters and Tyrells are busy in the capital. Martells aren't going anywhere for now.

Greyjoys?

>
>>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Grey Joys / Queen D    unless the white walker army makes it across the wall.

You think they will do the Tourny of Harrenhal with ned? or perhaps the battle of the bells (although that might loop Grithin into the story)
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Grey Joys / Queen D    unless the white walker army makes it across the wall.

You think they will do the Tourny of Harrenhal with ned? or perhaps the battle of the bells  (although that might loop Grithin into the story)

I don't think we see Dany oversees until the end of this season (preparing to leave) or next season. 

Tourney with the revelation that Lyanna is the Knight of the Laughing Tree might happen.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think we see Dany oversees until the end of this season (preparing to leave) or next season. 

Tourney with the revelation that Lyanna is the Knight of the Laughing Tree might happen.

She fits the potential profile of age and wild nature to do something like that.

I believe eddard thought it might have been Howland reed

what if its somehow bran? as howland did pray to the old goods bran would hear that now

but other than Howland or Lyanna or maybe benjen (not sure his age at the time)  I cant think of anyone else.

the fact eddard never told the story to his kids maybe it was him.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: She fits the potential profile of age and wild nature to do something like that.

I believe eddard thought it might have been Howland reed

what if its somehow bran? as howland did pray to the old goods bran would hear that now

but other than Howland or Lyanna or maybe benjen (not sure his age at the time)  I cant think of anyone else.

the fact eddard never told the story to his kids maybe it was him.

I think the fact that Meera asks Bran a few times "you sure your dad didn't tell you this a 100 times?" means it was a Stark. It could have been Ned, but I think the fact that it was Lyanna is what made Ned never tell it. I'm sure he didn't want to mention his sister too much or the reason why she fell in love with Rhaegar and eventually gave birth to a son...

Reply/Quote
Peep it.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/05/111773/meera-jon-snow-sister

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Peep it.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/05/111773/meera-jon-snow-sister

Biggest issue is her green eyes. Starks have grey. Targaryens have purple. 

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 08:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Biggest issue is her green eyes. Starks have grey. Targaryens have purple. 

I liked the ending though...

“This theory is a box of tinfoil wrapped in tinfoil and tied with a tinfoil bow,”

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Meera and Bran alone way up North. Hard to believe she will be able to get him back south of the wall before the turn of the next century.

Possible return of Benjen at just the right time?

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Meera and Bran alone way up North. Hard to believe she will be able to get him back south of the wall before the turn of the next century.

Possible return of Benjen at just the right time?

Coldhands/Benjen could finally show up. 

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12795440_1003500949728757_3952228480281865690_n.jpg?oh=2f4bd7c30335ce2876baddeec098b451&oe=57624AA4

Screen shot from the trailer. Clearly Meera.

I also know GRRM said Coldhands isn't Benjen.

Reply/Quote
so... umm, the actor playing Benjen is listed in next week's episode as "brother beyond the wall".

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 05:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think the fact that Meera asks Bran a few times "you sure your dad didn't tell you this a 100 times?" means it was a Stark. It could have been Ned, but I think the fact that it was Lyanna is what made Ned never tell it. I'm sure he didn't want to mention his sister too much or the reason why she fell in love with Rhaegar and eventually gave birth to a son...

solid reasoning....   but ned also wouldn't be one to boast about things he done in the past.   but protecting his sisters image was big for him true..     The booming voice is an odd thing though as they point out it wasn't an ordinary voice.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 07:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote:  

[Image: CgFhfkA.jpg]
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm with Pat in that I don't think they'll have Bran doing any altering of timelines and the such. 

Fairly certain they cut Lady Stoneheart. The actress has come out and said as much. The TV is probably bet off for it. It has a hard enough time giving enough screen time to all the different storylines. Stoneheart is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, imo. 

So far I agree....    But she was destroying house Frey.. Returned from the Dead to destroy the house the broke guest right.   Her part was small because she only got 1 chapter at the end of book 4 and referenced once in book 5.   Her roll might be a lot bigger if we ever got to read book 6 lol
Reply/Quote