Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(05-23-2016, 07:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: - Is Hodor really dead? It looks like he is doomed, but we dont actually see him die. Maybe next weeks episode starts with something happening that lets him live somehow? Hmm I hope so cause how will Bran and the girl get away from an army of the dead north of the wall now.

Another Character that missed his queue in the show but could be useful for this...

COLDHANDS!
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 10:49 AM)basballguy Wrote: [Image: CgFhfkA.jpg]

[Image: 13267902_1318315298182655_28996586319208...e=57D97C7A]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 11:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They were fabulous....arguably the best in the show, but top-3 certainly.

No definitely best in show.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 07:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No definitely best in show.

So you've already forgotten slave girl?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/bb/84/aebb84a074f530a3db6e3ad246dddbdf.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:13 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So you've already forgotten slave girl?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/bb/84/aebb84a074f530a3db6e3ad246dddbdf.jpg

The Red Woman is #1.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Red Woman is #1.

[Image: 13108745_103403243405710_1235920574_n.jp...Ng%3D%3D.2]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 12:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: [Image: 13108745_103403243405710_1235920574_n.jp...Ng%3D%3D.2]

NO!!!!!! Mad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Red Woman is #1.

1) fake Sansa
2) Sand sister
3) slave girl
4-8) some random, no-name brothel girls
9) Red Woman

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 11:11 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: 1) fake Sansa
2) Sand sister
3) slave girl
4-8) some random, no-name brothel girls
9) Red Woman

Hater. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Dany has the best booty though. Episode 1...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 11:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Dany has the best booty though. Episode 1...

Hmmm I dont know. I thought Rob's wife had the hottest booty & bod.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Not the most exciting episode last night, but necessary to move the story I suppose.

SO, Benjen is "Coldhands".... except that he is not. Martin previously said that he wasn't. And yet, in the show he certainly acts and looks a lot like Coldhands. Probably the TV show writers condensing the story line to fit time requirements. He is Coldhands for TV purposes.

And Black Fish Tully is referenced by Frey in a scene totally devoted to that reference. Looks like we will be seeing him soon, with the Freys and Jaime Lannister trying to retake Riverrun which the Black Fish has taken. Oh, and with things focusing on Riverrun again, I haven't given up hope on Lady Stoneheart appearing.

Then there is the on-going reference of the "thousand ship fleet", first by the Ironborn dude last week and then by Dany. Hmmm.... I wonder if the Ironborn will transport the Dothraki across the ocean?

Speaking of Dany, I wasn't real impressed with the "Go Team!" speach at the end. Sure, the Dragon CGI was neat. But that seemed to be the only reason for the scene.

I think Tommen, naive as he is, is getting a little bit of a bad rap. He and Margaery have made a power-sharing deal with the High Sparrow. Considering their position at the moment, that might not be a bad move. Obviously, that can't last forever. And Cersei will will be waiting to bring the High Sparrow and his crew down. I think Margaery has a plan.

Tommen to Margaery: "You're the best person I know." Dude! You're a Lannister. Considering your family all kinda suck (besides Tyrion), of course she's the best person you know!

Sam now has Heartsbane. I'm thinking that Sam is going to figure out the secret of Valyrian steel.

Oh... and it looks like "a girl" does have a name after all, eh.

Ever notice how Bran has been such a "drag" up to this point? (yuck, yuck, yuck!)
Reply/Quote
[Image: mad-king-aerys-targaryen.jpg]

"Burn them!!! Burn them all!!!"
Reply/Quote
I thought the scene with Dany totally fell flat. It was literally "wait right here [and I'll perform a cool trick]". Call me a skeptic, but dragons and wooden ships don't mix - a few of those 1000 are going to be "snack boats"

Benjen scene was cool. The rest of the show was pretty weak. Sam was a waste of air time, although maybe necessary to get him the sword.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 02:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Not the most exciting episode last night, but necessary to move the story I suppose.

SO, Benjen is "Coldhands".... except that he is not. Martin previously said that he wasn't. And yet, in the show he certainly acts and looks a lot like Coldhands. Probably the TV show writers condensing the story line to fit time requirements. He is Coldhands for TV purposes.

In the behind the episode, they referred to him as "Benjen Coldhands".

The thing with what GRRM said is that we don't know if we can trust it. It was written on the margins of an original draft of one of the books, but he could have just been trying to keep that a secret until it was revealed.

It also could just be what you said, a mix of Benjen and Coldhands, hence "Benjen Coldhands". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 09:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the behind the episode, they referred to him as "Benjen Coldhands".

The thing with what GRRM said is that we don't know if we can trust it. It was written on the margins of an original draft of one of the books, but he could have just been trying to keep that a secret until it was revealed.

It also could just be what you said, a mix of Benjen and Coldhands, hence "Benjen Coldhands". 

its very likely the show writters had to make coldhands benjen to avoid introducing a new character at this point that no one would understand if they haven't read the books.   its possible that it was never benjen in martins mind in the books.

Even though Benjen was the most logical choice overall from a readers standpoint  but not many clues were ever given it was all assumption.

If it is benjen how does one become a wraith and not at the same time.   Could have help from the children of the forrest.

Coldhands seemed like it should be something older than benjen (whos only been missing about 3 years)
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 02:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: And Black Fish Tully is referenced by Frey in a scene totally devoted to that reference. Looks like we will be seeing him soon, with the Freys and Jaime Lannister trying to retake Riverrun which the Black Fish has taken. Oh, and with things focusing on Riverrun again, I haven't given up hope on Lady Stoneheart appearing.

Then there is the on-going reference of the "thousand ship fleet", first by the Ironborn dude last week and then by Dany. Hmmm.... I wonder if the Ironborn will transport the Dothraki across the ocean?

Interesting in the books the iron borne King sent his brother (balons other brother)  Victorian to bring go find danny and offer a marriage proposal.    So that might come into play here.

Finally they are gonna introduce the blackfish and push that story line.  He was key to all robs victorys.    This is when Jaime really starts to turn in the books.

Its a little confusing cause the time lines in the show aren't following the books lol
Reply/Quote
The "thousand ship" thing was too on the nose. I really hope that isn't setting up the crazy uncle alliance. Wonder how many ships Theon and Sis got away with?

Feel like they need to be condensing and wrapping up some of these side plots. We have, what, 4 episodes remaining this year and supposedly 2 more seasons (20 shows?). Seems like they are running out of time to do the WW war right, but maybe because of cost we are only talking maybe like 200 minutes of total screen time for that.

They have a lot of moving parts still that don't appear ready to consolidate until AT LEAST some time next season. And presumably Dany and Jon will then still need to crush all and then form an alliance before moving to the final confrontation with the WW.

Reply/Quote
************spolier******************

I think you have to take Cersei next in the dead pool. She is going to have trial by combat, thinking no one can defeat Sir Undead Ogre. But many in the know expect the Hound to return....

***********spolier*******************

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 12:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: ************spolier******************

I think you have to take Cersei next in the dead pool.  She is going to have trial by combat, thinking no one can defeat Sir Undead Ogre.  But many in the know expect the Hound to return....

***********spolier*******************

which is still entirely possible and even probable with the faith having power.

as in the books The Hound as seen again after his "death" by brianne and pod on their adventures (brianne didn't kill him  he just had a festering wound from the inn fight)

He had been rescued by a monestary in the middle of an island in the trident.  

Which would make it possible for him to be the champion for the faith.       But in the books I was pretty sure Obyrn was gonna finish him off...     So at this point the outcome we want is probly not exactly how it goes. (Hound killing the mountain)

On the 1000 ships and Danny... Euron the Now king of the iron islands in the books at least presents a horn at the kingsmoot that suppose to be able to command dragons. And has his brother out to find her and bring he to him for marriage (but Victorian wants her for his own) so there are already issues within the iron born. Also the Priest that proformed the ceremony is also another of balons brothers. Arron Damphair.
Reply/Quote