Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-04-2016, 04:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I just read the final two seasons are going to be shorter, like 7 episodes each.  If we really only have 1.5 seasons remaining, they pretty much have to keep up the pace of this season every episode left.

I think 13 episodes left after this season.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 04:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think 13 episodes left after this season.

I may have heard that...was thinking 7 and 8.....only 13 - wow!

It would appear, due to the cost of CGI, that we may not see much actual major White Walker warring.  We don't even know if Dany will make it to Westeros this season, and then you have the "small" issue of uniting the 7 Kingdoms before moving on to the final confrontation with the WW.

With a total of just 17 or 18 episodes left, it looks like some story lines or plots are going to be majorly short-changed.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I'd be kinda bummed if they do end up killing Rickon. I feel like his entire character would have zero overall purpose that way, and his death adds absolutely nothing. We get that the Starks have gotten the shit end of the stick in Westeros already. We get that Ramsay is a jerk already.
Reply/Quote
Definitely a filler episode, but the Hound is back!

Im guessing Sansa's letter was to Littlefinger which will be vital for the upcoming battle for Winterfell.

Now onto Penny Dreadful. Love this two hours of two of my favorite shows.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
With the exception of the Hound's story, this episode was basically what we saw in the trailer.

Reply/Quote
It was a mini-shock with Arya, and then the classic "they're not dead if you don't see them die" BS. It was a bit lame - we all saw it coming, and at this point Arya had enough training to see it coming but was clueless. Just piss poor.

And such an anti-climactic return of the Hound. Nice story that, again, they could have told in 1/4 the time....but NONE of that is what made the character so popular.

Reply/Quote
Okay, enough of the potatoes. Time to get back to the meat in this story!

BTW - Lesbian's always help make the story a little better.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 02:44 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: BTW - Lesbian's always help make the story a little better.

Agreed.

Although two girls kissing is hardly shocking on tv any more....then HBO raised the bar!!! lmfao

On a more serious note...that's an interesting character choice. I'm actually surprised HBO decided a woman leader/warrior needed to be a lesbian. Her sexuality has absolutely no importance to the story. It sort of seemed like the entire point was so they could make dick jokes.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 09:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd be kinda bummed if they do end up killing Rickon. I feel like his entire character would have zero overall purpose that way, and his death adds absolutely nothing. We get that the Starks have gotten the shit end of the stick in Westeros already. We get that Ramsay is a jerk already.

its cleans up the chain of succession.... As of now... Rickon is heir to winterfel... So jon nor sansa can fully have that claim while he lives.... starks probly don't think like that though,.. but the other houses might
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:30 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Agreed.

Although two girls kissing is hardly shocking on tv any more....then HBO raised the bar!!! lmfao

On a more serious note...that's an interesting character choice.  I'm actually surprised HBO decided a woman leader/warrior needed to be a lesbian.  Her sexuality has absolutely no importance to the story.  It sort of seemed like the entire point was so they could make dick jokes.

I think it was just an excuse to fit some much needed titties into the show.

I suppose it sort of fits with the media "Pirate Queen" persona. Not sure that the real life pirate queens were lesbians, though.
Reply/Quote
The "Broken Man" speech, from A Feast for Crows:

Quote:"Ser? My lady?" said Podrick. "Is a broken man an outlaw?"

"More or less," Brienne answered.

Septon Meribald disagreed. "More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They've heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.

"Then they get a taste of battle.

"For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they've been gutted by an axe.

"They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that's still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water.

"If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they're fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it's just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don't know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they're fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world . . .

"And the man breaks.

"He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them . . . but he should pity them as well."

When Meribald was finished a profound silence fell upon their little band. Brienne could hear the wind rustling through a clump of pussywillows, and farther off the faint cry of a loon. She could hear Dog panting softly as he loped along beside the septon and his donkey, tongue lolling from his mouth. The quiet stretched and stretched, until finally she said, "How old were you when they marched you off to war?"

"Why, no older than your boy," Meribald replied. "Too young for such, in truth, but my brothers were all going, and I would not be left behind. Willam said I could be his squire, though Will was no knight, only a potboy armed with a kitchen knife he'd stolen from the inn. He died upon the Stepstones, and never struck a blow. It was fever did for him, and for my brother Robin. Owen died from a mace that split his head apart, and his friend Jon Pox was hanged for rape."

"The War of the Ninepenny Kings?" asked Hyle Hunt.

"So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was."
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 10:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Definitely a filler episode, but the Hound is back!

Im guessing Sansa's letter was to Littlefinger which will be vital for the upcoming battle for Winterfell.

Now onto Penny Dreadful. Love this two hours of two of my favorite shows.

im caught up on all but last nights episode..

yeah I don't know who else she would write if she sent brienne to personally see the blackfish.

Im just trying to figure out if littlefinger truly made a mistake (not like him but dealing with a girl that reminds him of cat so much it might be possible) or was the plan for sansa to seek his aid. after watching the way he played Lord Royce into his pocket after being caught in a lie tells me his plan might have been just that... for sansa to seek his aid/rescue from the boltons

Because now he has good reason to attack the boltons... and not piss of the Lannisters in Kings landing or at least not look disloyal as the boltons have now been seen with a stark that was accused of jeofferys killing.

So his plan might have been to remove the boltons anyway for sansa either by her seeking his aid or him having the queen request it from him due to them having sansa. painting the boltons as traitors to the crown
Reply/Quote
Since this is not addressed in the spoilers I read, I'll say my thoughts:

Is Sansa going to write to the other houses and declare Jon a legitimized Stark and the new King in the North?

Reply/Quote
I think Littlefinger's plan all along was to come in at the 11th hour to save the day, so that Sansa and Jon would be indebted to him.

Although I think his initial offer was genuine, he was just caught off-guard by the newly bad ass Sansa. Probably calculated, at that time, it really didn't matter and he just needed to let her have her moment.

Also, I'm wondering if Winter has gotten far enough south that the White Walkers might crash this party. One way to avoid the whole mess of Dany/Jon uniting the 7 Kingdoms is just to have the WW decimate most of the armies before Dany arrives.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 02:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since this is not addressed in the spoilers I read, I'll say my thoughts:

Is Sansa going to write to the other houses and declare Jon a legitimized Stark and the new King in the North?

he had a parchment from stannis but hes dead and most likely not to recognize it...

only a king can legitimize a bastard from my understanding.     So unless someone is King of the North (robb's letter of succession w/blackfish)    I don't know who would legitimize jon snow.  outside of the north.   and danny still seems far away.

JustWinBaby
I think Littlefinger's plan all along was to come in at the 11th hour to save the day, so that Sansa and Jon would be indebted to him.

Although I think his initial offer was genuine, he was just caught off-guard by the newly bad ass Sansa. Probably calculated, at that time, it really didn't matter and he just needed to let her have her moment.

Also, I'm wondering if Winter has gotten far enough south that the White Walkers might crash this party. One way to avoid the whole mess of Dany/Jon uniting the 7 Kingdoms is just to have the WW decimate most of the armies before Dany arrives.

ive been thinking about Dannys Army.... coming to westros... now the unsullied and second suns might fair okay. But the dothraki in the snow? but time danny arrives winter should be full swing especially in the north if not a lot futher south.

so how effective will dannys army be freezing in the fields. So far they are still contained above the Wall...

But remember back in season 1 what they though mance was looking for? a Horn that could bring down the wall? Might it be the horn Euron found that he thinks controls dragons? I think if the night king had it then he would have used it unless he needs to deal with the 3 eyed raven (bran) before proceeding south....
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 02:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im caught up on all but last nights episode..

yeah I don't know who else she would write if she sent brienne to personally see the blackfish.

Im just trying to figure out if littlefinger truly made a mistake (not like him but dealing with a girl that reminds him of cat so much it might be possible) or was the plan for sansa to seek his aid.   after watching the way he played Lord Royce into his pocket after being caught in a lie tells me his plan might have been just that... for sansa to seek his aid/rescue from the boltons

Because now he has good reason to attack the boltons... and not piss of the Lannisters in Kings landing or at least not look disloyal as the boltons have now been seen with a stark that was accused of jeofferys killing.    

So his plan might have been to remove the boltons anyway for sansa either by her seeking his aid or him having the queen request it from him due to them having sansa.  painting the boltons as traitors to the crown

Hard to guess right now which way Littlefinger will go, assuming he helps Sansa & Jon re-take Winterfell. I have hard time seeing him betraying Sansa again, and an easier time of seeing him using her newly found power to help him make a run for the crown himself by betraying the Lannisters eventually.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Hard to guess right now which way Littlefinger will go, assuming he helps Sansa & Jon re-take Winterfell. I have hard time seeing him betraying Sansa again, and an easier time of seeing him using her newly found power to help him make a run for the crown himself by betraying the Lannisters eventually.

Oh yes... littlefinger himself knows he cant sit the iron throne to many great houses in his way.. but he can possibly control who sits there.

And as lord of the riverlands...  Protector of the Eryie... And Possible Liberator of the north.   Well......  He is very close to controlling most the kingdom already.  And he has good relations with the Tyrells...    

His main goal was probly to let the big houses knock each other down and raise up in the chaos.   

His plan for the lannisters is to let them destroy themselves(but still appear loyal as to not drawl attention from them)... in the book he made mention of having to move faster than he expected because Ceresi was destroying herself faster than he could have predicted.
Reply/Quote
Couple other things from last nights episode.

First is that Sir Davos is showing off his worth to Jon and Sansa. Granted getting only 62 men from the little Lady Mormont wasnt a lot, but he was the only one of the three to convince her to join. And I was surprised he didnt have a chance to help convince the one norther house that refused.

Secondly Bronn is great, wish there was more of him. The part where Jaime was about to say "a Lannister always..." to him, and he cut him off with "Dont you say it, don't you ****ing say it." and then rode off was classic. That was truly some great GoT humor there lol.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 03:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: 3. Theon convinces Yara to take their ships to Mereen and transports the Dothrakis to Westeros. He ends up taking Danearys to help Sansa and Jon Snow to repay his debt to the Starks.

I was close to getting that one right. Only It wasn't Theon's idea.

Amending the Jaime/Brienne prediction: Maybe Brienne shows up and convinces Jaime to let her try to talk to the Blackfish to get him to surrender. She goes inside and informs the Blackfish of Jon/Sansa's predicament. Since Jaime already offered to let the Blackfish's men live if he surrenders, the Blackfish surrenders to Jaime, who takes him prisoner, while the Tully army march north to help Sansa. Or the Blackfish sacrifices himself and a small force occupying Jaime while the bulk of his army slips north to help Sansa.
Reply/Quote
Seems Jaime in the books may be further down the righteous (not meaning religiously) path than he has been in the show.

I have a feeling not only is Brienne going to convince Blackfish to surrender and help Jon, but somehow Jaime's oath to Catelyn Stark is going to factor in - not an accident that Blackfish mentioned it. Just not sure how Jaime delegating that oath to Brienne works.

Anyway, I think Brienne comes away with BOTH armies coming to aid Jon....after Lady Stoneheart (looks like she's coming!) dispatches the Freye's. Of course, she isn't going to be real happy to see Jaime, either.

Reply/Quote