Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-09-2016, 04:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Where did she get the coins? She took them off the Hound when she left him. She hid the bag of coins along with Needle in the rock wall.

Good call.  I was wondering myself, but just assumed she had become an experienced thief.

Here's a wild twist no one is thinking about...what if Joqen was actually the Waif with a mask?  Some are saying he was Arya, but what if it was the other way around?  Would ALSO explain why Arya is able to get away with her life.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 04:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Remember J'Qen showed Arya that body where she kept peeling off the faces? Remember the last face was hers? I don't think you have to be dead for them to use your face.

Where did she get the coins? She took them off the Hound when she left him. She hid the bag of coins along with Needle in the rock wall.

yeah I swear the last one was hers too... Maybe the can make a mold of the face somehow for those still living and need a face of their own.  a Perfect example and probly all the proof we need that a face can be used while alive or at least that they can make copies is J'Qen walking in right after who we thought was J'Qen poisoned himself.

so we at the very least know they can make copies of the face.

And I forgot about the bag of silver.. I know the hound stole the bag from the farmer at the time I didn't think it was silver coins but just anything made of silver the farmer had. and then arya took it from, the hound using his own reasoning Dead men don't need silver   Didn't think she would have had that much silver just from the poor farmer though as the hounds big bag of silver/gold was taken by the brotherhood without banners.

Hell maybe she made all that money from selling Oysters...  she was at it for a while  though they kinda sped up that process for screen sake.
Reply/Quote
So I thought theories that wasn't Arya getting stabbed were kind of ridiculous. They told us as much constantly drilling that "she's not ready".

Except she WAS ready, for what Joqen had in store. It was very subtle, but if you caught it he smiled at the end tonight. Seems the many faced god is real, as well, so would make sense Joqen had seen a larger plan for Arya. And in case you still didn't get it, he basically told us as much with "finally the girl has a name".

So now the question is what, exactly, is the gods' plan for Arya? Calling it right now - she will kill Tommen, and then Cersei.

Reply/Quote
And so the Blackfish story line ended-up being a really lame tease. But I suspect that since Jaime accomplished taking the castle, he will release the Tully's to go fight for Sansa.

Hoping they break with tradition and the finale gives us the war with the Boltons, with the Knight's of the Vale and the Tully's riding in at the last moment to overwhelm.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 01:27 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So I thought theories that wasn't Arya getting stabbed were kind of ridiculous.  They told us as much constantly drilling that "she's not ready".

Except she WAS ready, for what Joqen had in store.  It was very subtle, but if you caught it he smiled at the end tonight.  Seems the many faced god is real, as well, so would make sense Joqen had seen a larger plan for Arya.  And in case you still didn't get it, he basically told us as much with "finally the girl has a name".

So now the question is what, exactly, is the gods' plan for Arya?  Calling it right now - she will kill Tommen, and then Cersei.

Was that the Waif or the Terminator?

Yeah, I noted Joqen's smile and reference as well. And it was no coincidence that she came across him originally. And I'm now starting to believe those who think he may be her old swordmaster from season one.

(06-13-2016, 01:31 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And so the Blackfish story line ended-up being a really lame tease.  But I suspect that since Jaime accomplished taking the castle, he will release the Tully's to go fight for Sansa.

Hoping they break with tradition and the finale gives us the war with the Boltons, with the Knight's of the Vale and the Tully's riding in at the last moment to overwhelm.

Yeah, the Blackfish was a waste. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 02:38 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: And it was no coincidence that she came across him originally. 

Seems like both the Lord of Light and the Many Faced work, quite directly, through their high priests(es).  Which begs the question if there is more to the Faith than meets the eye....except we've not seen any evidence they serve a real god.

Reply/Quote
I will give the writers props for the oranges, though. Made me think it was a nod to The Godfather, and Arya really was going to die. Cheap misdirection as it obviously was in hindsight, it worked.

Reply/Quote
I do not believe the Blackfish is dead. He will reappear.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I also believe that the Blackfish will be back. But either way, the writers really screwed the pooch here.

They either brought back the character and teased him as a badass to just kill him off screen unceremoniously and waste a couple of episodes. That or they went right back to the "they're not dead until you see them dead" well that was just tapped the last freaking episode with the Hound.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 04:07 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Seems like both the Lord of Light and the Many Faced work, quite directly, through their high priests(es).  Which begs the question if there is more to the Faith than meets the eye....except we've not seen any evidence they serve a real god.

well the red preist bring the lightening lord back 7+ times

I don't know if its so much the gods as that magic has returned to the world with dragons.

The old gods (some dude sitting in a tree)  God of Light (well no one knows what hes on about as they are proclaiming everyone the prince that was promised lol)   the faith of the 7...   has rised to power again thanks to the lioness... it took the targs 200 years to get the faith to lay down its weapons.

Religion does become a strong factor in book 4 and 5 of the series...  does this turn from a war of the lords to a battle of the gods?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 01:27 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So I thought theories that wasn't Arya getting stabbed were kind of ridiculous. They told us as much constantly drilling that "she's not ready".

Except she WAS ready, for what Joqen had in store. It was very subtle, but if you caught it he smiled at the end tonight. Seems the many faced god is real, as well, so would make sense Joqen had seen a larger plan for Arya. And in case you still didn't get it, he basically told us as much with "finally the girl has a name".

So now the question is what, exactly, is the gods' plan for Arya? Calling it right now - she will kill Tommen, and then Cersei.

I don't think he ever believed she would be nameless, the smile proved that. I'm sure he knew how it would end and she's going to be where she's supposed to be.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 08:03 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I also believe that the Blackfish will be back. But either way, the writers really screwed the pooch here.

I don't see any reason why he would be.  I think that was just to give closure to book readers.  He did very little in the show and I think most tv viewers would be confused about who he is or what his purpose is - they didn't even bother to show us his supposed death.

And just from a screen time perspective - just brought The Dog back, and split-up Tyrion/Varys...plus you have Dorne (WTF?)...really no room for more of Blackfish.  Gotta start tying up loose ends, and they're doing that with Arya.

I think Blackfish escapes in the books.  And maybe that's why they didn't show anything here - book readers can just imagine that's how it went in the show, too.  But I think, at this point, he's a character without a lot to contribute to the main story left to be told.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 04:27 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I will give the writers props for the oranges, though.  Made me think it was a nod to The Godfather, and Arya really was going to die.  Cheap misdirection as it obviously was in hindsight, it worked.

The famous "Orange Scene" from the Godfather. Good catch!

(06-13-2016, 07:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I do not believe the Blackfish is dead. He will reappear.

Interesting. Could happen. And maybe he then has a bigger role in the battle against the Bolton's.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the red preist bring the lightening lord back 7+ times

I don't know if its so much the gods as that magic has returned to the world with dragons.

The old gods (some dude sitting in a tree)  God of Light (well no one knows what hes on about as they are proclaiming everyone the prince that was promised lol)   the faith of the 7...   has rised to power again thanks to the lioness... it took the targs 200 years to get the faith to lay down its weapons.

Religion does become a strong factor in book 4 and 5 of the series...  does this turn from a war of the lords to a battle of the gods?

But did the magic ever really leave? After all, the God of Light has been resurrecting the one dude for awhile now. Maybe the gods just realized that the other gods are being active in this world again and feel a need to also be active rather than dormant. Maybe they are drawn to each other at certain times in sort of a Ragnarok/final battle kinda way.
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering why Dani didn't take her dragon and waste that fleet attacking the city. They wouldn't be able to hit the dragon with those trebuchees they were using. And I doubt that the fire would damage the dragon anyway (they are sort of fire-proof I imagine). A fire-breathing dragon versus wooden ships with cloth sails seems sort of a one-sided battle to me.

Maybe the writers just wanted the Greyjoy's to take out the fleet when they arrive.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 02:08 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: But did the magic ever really leave? 

A couple of counters I know I can make to the magic returning argument (and agree it never left):
1) Mellisandre has been using that glamor trick for long before dragons came back.
2) presumably the 3-eyed Raven and Children of the Forest have been using their magic all along.

I'm not sure if we are supposed to believe the gods are real - Jon Snow seeing nothing while dead is an interesting refute of that.  Yet the resurrection rituals seem to be mostly praying and not any sort of magic (at least for the the Brothers Without Banners priest).

For that matter, what was magical about what Dany did to birth the dragons?  Ritualistic, perhaps, but that is also a bit of stretch.

I think at least a few of the gods are real, and at least some of the magic comes from them.  Maybe the return of the White Walkers has led the gods to take a more active role.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 02:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe the writers just wanted the Greyjoy's to take out the fleet when they arrive.

Seems to me a fire breathing dragon flying around might be more effective than a wall at keeping out boat refugees.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 01:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't see any reason why he would be.  I think that was just to give closure to book readers.  He did very little in the show and I think most tv viewers would be confused about who he is or what his purpose is - they didn't even bother to show us his supposed death.

And just from a screen time perspective - just brought The Dog back, and split-up Tyrion/Varys...plus you have Dorne (WTF?)...really no room for more of Blackfish.  Gotta start tying up loose ends, and they're doing that with Arya.

I think Blackfish escapes in the books.  And maybe that's why they didn't show anything here - book readers can just imagine that's how it went in the show, too.  But I think, at this point, he's a character without a lot to contribute to the main story left to be told.

Mostly because he's the only Tully who is sporting a set and there is an army. Any continuation of his story would likely be him joining Sansa and Jon in the war effort up north, so it wouldn't be like the Dorne (I agree, wtf?) storyline that has gone by the wayside.

He very well could be dead, but if so they just wasted a good amount of screen time on virtually nothing that couldn't have been done via exposistion. They build him up as a stubborn badass to kill him off screen? They're (read: they should be) better than that.

And about the next episode. If Wun Wun dies, I'm done. LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 02:37 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Mostly because he's the only Tully who is sporting a set and there is an army. Any continuation of his story would likely be him joining Sansa and Jon in the war effort up north, so it wouldn't be like the Dorne (I agree, wtf?) storyline that has gone by the wayside.

He very well could be dead, but if so they just wasted a good amount of screen time on virtually nothing that couldn't have been done via exposistion. They build him up as a stubborn badass to kill him off screen? They're (read: they should be) better than that.

And about the next episode. If Wun Wun dies, I'm done. LOL

gonna say blackfish is alive...   because it would have been pointless to build him up Late even..   the whole lannister army siege  has no real purpose to add to the story line if it didn't lead to something.  In the books it did lead to something..

But he could just be dead and that would be a waste.  But even then the battle of bastards is next week and the tully army isn't making it there on time.  (amazing how fast some can transverse the north from wall to riverlands when it takes most people WEEKS!!!!)
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 02:36 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Seems to me a fire breathing dragon flying around might be more effective than a wall at keeping out boat refugees.

cant reuse all them ships if you burn them...
Reply/Quote