Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Attack In Syria
Syrian Gas Attack Over Weekend

Backed by Russia, Syria is rather bold and Israel took action, even though it wasn't that much action.

What do you think should happen in Syria, what should the United States do about it?
(04-09-2018, 01:11 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Syrian Gas Attack Over Weekend

Backed by Russia, Syria is rather bold and Israel took action, even though it wasn't that much action.

What do you think should happen in Syria, what should the United States do about it?

The POTUS already said we are pulling out of Syria.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I get the feeling we are going to toss a few missiles their way
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-09-2018, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: The POTUS already said we are pulling out of Syria.

Which some wonks I have seen talking about this said emboldened Syria a bit to do this. I don't necessarily buy it, but I just wanted to throw that into the conversation.

(04-09-2018, 01:42 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I get the feeling we are going to toss a few missiles their way

I wonder if we will warn them Russia ahead of time, again, so they can make sure there are no casualties. Then, of course, revert to ignoring that whole situation so that they don't feel like we really care.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-09-2018, 01:11 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Syrian Gas Attack Over Weekend

I've got a feeling whatever we do about half of the population will think it's wrong.

I remember last time he bombed Syria folks immediately started saying the reaction was too severe. Then a couple days later it was discovered that Russia was notified in advance of the bombing, the exact same population started arguing it was too soft.

Personally, if Chemical Weapons were used I think there should be a coalition of UN forces that take Military action against Syria.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-09-2018, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally, if Chemical Weapons were used I think there should be a coalition of UN forces that take Military action against Syria.

I believe that would require a vote from the Security Council, which would almost certainly be vetoed by Russia.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-09-2018, 05:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I believe that would require a vote from the Security Council, which would almost certainly be vetoed by Russia.

Reason number 5,872 why the UN is worthless.

Syria is about to sit on the committee for the regulation of chemical and biological weapons.

We should pull our money from the whole deal.
Its Obama's fault. There, problem solved.
(04-10-2018, 06:16 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Its Obama's fault. There, problem solved.

No doubt the previous administration could have been much more proactive in Syria; but to say it's all Obama's fault is quite simplistic.

(04-10-2018, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt the previous administration could have been much more proactive in Syria; but to say it's all Obama's fault is quite simplistic.

If not clueless.

Mellow

And a historical rewriting....

[Image: DaRQEgJXUAEtXhp.jpg:large]
(04-10-2018, 01:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: If not clueless.

Mellow

WHAT!?!!??! An change of opinion 5 years later after you received additional information. Impeach him!!!!

(04-09-2018, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: The POTUS already said we are pulling out of Syria.

He also pulled out of Stormy Daniels and look at what a mess that has been.

Seriously, though, Russia is trying everything they can to prevent any serious inquiry into. Definitely a way better country than Germany. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

How convenient a week after the President said he wanted to leave, there’s a reason to stay...
(04-10-2018, 05:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WHAT!?!!??! An change of opinion 5 years later after you received additional information. Impeach him!!!!

Totallly.

Trump changed his mind when he found out HE was responsible now.

Clueless.

Mellow
(04-10-2018, 01:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: If not clueless.

Mellow

For context, that tweet in 2013 came immediately after Assad launched a chemical attack on his own people, killing hundreds and injuring thousands more. 

(04-10-2018, 05:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: For context, that tweet in 2013 came immediately after Assad launched a chemical attack on his own people, killing hundreds and injuring thousands more. 

As I say:  Trump is clueless.

Just like him saying "we won't tell the enemy what WE will do" and then announcing we are pulling out of Syria.
(04-10-2018, 05:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: For context, that tweet in 2013 came immediately after Assad launched a chemical attack on his own people, killing hundreds and injuring thousands more. 

For additional context Trump was hosting a celebrity reality TV and hosting Beauty Pageants in 2013. Anyone who took note of his political thoughts back then really needed to adjust the folks they were paying attention to. 

I'm just spitballing here but the more important point may be what the Obama administration do in response to this attack not what a celebrity tweeted.   

(04-10-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For additional context Trump was hosting a celebrity reality TV and hosting Beauty Pageants in 2013. Anyone who took note of his political thoughts back then really needed to adjust the folks they were paying attention to. 

I'm just spitballing here but the more important point may be what the Obama administration do in response to this attack not what a celebrity tweeted.   

Anything 5 years ago is apparently off the table because he was just hosting pageants. Criticizing anything he currently does is "petty" even though he is the President. 

(04-10-2018, 06:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anything 5 years ago is apparently off the table because he was just hosting pageants. Criticizing anything he currently does is "petty" even though he is the President. 

Call me crazy, but yeah, I put very little stock into anything Donald Trump said 5 years ago while he was hosting a reality talk show.

BTW you mistyped everything you accidentally put in anything. Hell ,I know I criticize a good deal of what Trump does, just not sure if I'm willing to entertain quotes from him before he ever had a job in politics; I understand I am in the minority here on that POV. 

(04-10-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For additional context Trump was hosting a celebrity reality TV and hosting Beauty Pageants in 2013. Anyone who took note of his political thoughts back then really needed to adjust the folks they were paying attention to. 

If you say so.

Seems to me the current POTUS doesn't take personal blame for anything and his supporters cover for him.