Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Gas Prices Near You?
(06-01-2022, 02:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: .

Even the people who are millionaires aren't worth as much as the normal millionaire because of inflation.

You should try reading your posts aloud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if folks in Germany (who have a way worse recession going on and worse gas prices) are blaming Biden for Russia going ham and getting themselves sanctioned by every country that isn't some fascist shit hole?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 06:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You should try reading your posts aloud.

How could he read his own posts? He's already stated in this thread that he stops reading when he assumes he's reading bullshit.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 08:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I wonder if folks in Germany (who have a way worse recession going on and worse gas prices) are blaming Biden for Russia going ham and getting themselves sanctioned by every country that isn't some fascist shit hole?
Quit throwing facts into a Republican narrative. It totally messes up their mojo.

And it's 5.19 to 5.49 in Anchorage and has been for a few weeks. I guess it's the damn democrats as to why we allowed multiple oil companies to do whatever they wanted to our soil EXCEPT put in a processing plant so we have to send oil from Alaska to Washington or Oregon so it can shipped back up to us after it's processed into gasoline.

yay, red state.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
$4.79 in Dayton, Ohio... Up $.40 from yesterday morning. I'm living in the moment, and enjoying it because I'm quite certain this will seem like the good ole days when it's doubled up soon. It should also be pretty awesome when all the wheat in Ukraine doesn't get harvested. **** everything about these last 3 years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In Europe it's 2$ for one liter.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
For us Americans, 2 euro per liter is $8.09 per gallon. Tough to hear, sorry Arturo.
Reply/Quote
It's not letting me reply to my thread on gas prices but I wanted to address a comment made by Vas Deferens in which he said that I should try reading my posts aloud in my post that said something like "even millionaires aren't worth as much as normal millionaires because of inflation."

It's really not that hard to understand: a "normal" millionaire, before Bidenflation, could buy a lot more than a millionaire now who's million can buy them a lot less.
Reply/Quote
That was deep and worth another post.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Oh, the last syllable of Biden's name is "en" which is typically pronounced as "in" when saying his name and then inflation starts with "in" so you combined them to make Bidenflation.

That's clever.
Reply/Quote
It seems the uneducated of the world oil market gets their education from biased news networks that will blame politicians, Biden, instead of discussing how delicate the world oil market is. Before Putin and Russia invade Ukraine, the oil markets around the world was like a delicate blanket all connected to each other. But when one part of it gets massively disrupted, as we have seen in the past in the middle east at times, it sends ripple effects worldwide. Putin is the one the blame for disrupting this delicate balance, not our guy as a certain news network out there wants you to believe.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 08:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not letting me reply to my thread on gas prices but I wanted to address a comment made by Vas Deferens in which he said that I should try reading my posts aloud in my post that said something like "even millionaires aren't worth as much as normal millionaires because of inflation."

It's really not that hard to understand: a "normal" millionaire, before Bidenflation, could buy a lot more than a millionaire now who's million can buy them a lot less.

Congratulations - you know how inflation works.

Care to take a stab at what causes inflation? I'll give you a hint - it's not the PotUS; not directly at least.
Reply/Quote
Just not sure how anyone can say this is all Bidens fault. As for cutting off Russian imports, I was totally for that move and still am today. Opec announced they will be increasing output by 50% in June and July so that should help some. Although, I think the US is missing a golden opportunity here, but that's another topic. I won't release ALL blame from the POTUS, but much of it is not his fault.

As for people saying "thank a Biden voter," we really have to stop that nonsense. People vote one way or another because of certain convictions. People also vote the same way due to the character of the candidate. If anyone thinks Trump was a great example of leadership is sadly mistaken. Yes, he did some good things and some bad. Yes, the country seemed to be in a better spot. However, he offended a lot of people. The POTUS is an institution. A figurehead of the the party he represents, but also someone who should put American interest above party. He should try to reach bipartisan goals and move the country forward into a better future for the younger generations to come.

Can't say that is happening today. It definitely wasn't happening in the Trump era. We have 2 leading parties that hate each other.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 05:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Congratulations - you know how inflation works.

Care to take a stab at what causes inflation? I'll give you a hint - it's not the PotUS; not directly at least.

I specifically remember you saying this would happen a lil over 2 years ago. My essential ass was driving around paying $1.05 a gallon... Then I read a post from you telling us all to look out for a huge pendulum swing in gas prices.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 06:29 PM)jason Wrote: I specifically remember you saying this would happen a lil over 2 years ago. My essential ass was driving around paying $1.05 a gallon... Then I read a post from you telling us all to look out for a huge pendulum swing in gas prices.

Prices were cheap because demand wasn't there and oil companies were paying tons of money for oil storage because they didn't have room for it. We were producing more than we consumed. It's easy to say we were energy dependent at that time, but not now. This Russian/Ukraine war has much to do with the prices now and also inflation. Oil and inflation are totally apart from one another but fuel each other. Higher fuel prices drive inflation, higher inflation raises oil prices. This is why the Fed has to make the right moves to control this. I will say one thing tho, I hope the Dems have learned that you can't move away from gasoline and diesel as quick as they think. There is a lot of things both parties could learn from the current state of our country. 

I'm just going to throw this little tidbit in here too. Stock market is not Bidens fault either.  

Reply/Quote
BP near me is $4.67 for regular.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Damn, I forgot to give my local gas price. $4.79

Reply/Quote
Just filled up this morning at $6.59. I have to use premium for my car, full disclosure.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 07:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Just filled up this morning at $6.59. I have to use premium for my car, full disclosure.

That's honestly lower than I assumed it would be out there.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 07:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Just filled up this morning at $6.59.  I have to use premium for my car, full disclosure.

Your in California too (I think) so you typically have higher prices. Still, that's a lot. 

Reply/Quote