Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Gashed by scrubs
(11-12-2023, 10:22 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya, there's a lot to be excited about. Giving up almost 600 yards to a rookie lead offense with half the players on said offense injured is amazing.. It's really looking up..

Geez Tony, lighten up man. This team can turn it around. If you think this is bad, you clearly haven't been a Bengals fan long.

Being 5-4 in the middle of a season is pretty great for us poor bastids lol

The truth is, we have been 5-4 the last couple of years and we made it to the AFC Championship both times and a Super Bowl.

The Defense will take this game as an insult as they should, it was a pathetic performance, it happens.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:22 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya, there's a lot to be excited about. Giving up almost 600 yards to a rookie lead offense with half the players on said offense injured is amazing.. It's really looking up..

Didn't see anywhere where Nate said "be excited" or things are "looking up". He simply stated he's not giving up on the season; nor am I. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think they're guys are scrubs. They have a good receiving core. Again they're run success is what really shocked me. I thought we would hold that in check while I was expecting they're passing attack to give us fits.

To me we lost the game because of our stretch of conservative play calling. We were throwing passes at line of scrimmage and they were crashing down hard. I get not wanting to over use Chase but he looked fine to me. Use him downfield and try and get some DPIs.
Reply/Quote
We’ve seen this team go on runs before. 10 wins in a row last season, 4 in a row coming into today’s game. If they can go 5-3 the rest of the way they’ll get in. Tough, but not at all undoable.

Reply/Quote
Boyd's drops always seem like they cost us the game, always. "He does'nt always drop easy catches, but when he does"
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: To me we lost the game because of our stretch of conservative play calling. We were throwing passes at line of scrimmage and they were crashing down hard. I get not wanting to over use Chase but he looked fine to me. Use him downfield and try and get some DPIs.

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face, Chase should never be under double digit targets in any game. He only had 6 today and big surprise we lost and the offense couldn’t do shit for long stretches. Dude is just too good to underutilize like that.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't think they're guys are scrubs. They have a good receiving core. Again they're run success is what really shocked me. I thought we would hold that in check while I was expecting they're passing attack to give us fits.

To me we lost the game because of our stretch of conservative play calling. We were throwing passes at line of scrimmage and they were crashing down hard. I get not wanting to over use Chase but he looked fine to me. Use him downfield and try and get some DPIs.

We seemed very hesitant to throw it down the field for a lot of the game and the Texans were absolutely keying in on those short routes. And they were making every tackle. The pressure that they got (after really struggling in that respect all year) was very frustrating to watch.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m done with Lou Anarumo.  Here’s hoping he gets a head coach job elsewhere.

lol. I wasn't even going to post this week with all the shit talkers certain to come out of the woodwork...but what the **** is wrong with your brain? Did you get a TBI at some point in the last couple years and didn't share the info, because you're really posting some dumb shit the last couple seasons and i was under the impression that you were an educated, intelligent man.

Fix your shit, dude.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face, Chase should never be under double digit targets in any game. He only had 6 today and big surprise we lost and the offense couldn’t do shit for long stretches. Dude is just too good to underutilize like that.

13 targets for Joe Mixon, Drew Sample, and Tanner Hudson for only 44 yards and only 6 targets for Chase for 124 yards is not a winning strategy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:31 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Which proves they are nothing more than an average team. Better teams don't lose games they should win especially when that team has 8 players out/ injured.

This loss showed that, even when the team cannot get out of their own way, including 5 consecutive 3 and outs and multiple explosive plays given up by the defense, the team is so good they still SHOULD have won against an ascending team that has a genuine star at QB.

That's not the mark of an average team.

This team is very clearly well above average.

It's just the 1-3 start due to Joe Burrow's injury makes it feel like we have been average when we have actually been terrible, and then elite, and then stumbled here due to a variety of unique factors.

If this was our 2nd loss and we were now 7-2, no one would be calling us average. Unfortunately, we gave away the game to the Browns and Titans early on due to a non-functional offense to start the season, so we are in catch up mode, effectively, for the remainder of the season.
Reply/Quote
The last thing I needed after this crappy day was that loss.

I can always count on the Bengals though to lose games they should win in the most epic and heartbreaking ways. Thanks for over 30 year of that Bengals.

Ravens go to 7-3, Browns to 6-3, Steelers to 6-3.

Of course the Bengals can’t take care of business at home and sit at the bottom at 5-4.

We had our chance two years in a row. Oline screwed us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:31 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Which proves they are nothing more than an average team. Better teams don't lose games they should win especially when that team has 8 players out/ injured.

You do realize Texans are a good team? They are 5-4....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I totally agree — but when the Bengals can’t run the ball the playbook shrinks dramatically.  I’m done with Joe Mixon.

On the radio postgame show, Chick, Willie(Anderson), and Joe(Walter) all said the Bengals need to run the ball more. Said it will help the passing game. Said Mixon getting 16 carries is not enough. Said he needs to be given the rock 25-30 times a game.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:17 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This loss showed that, even when the team cannot get out of their own way, including 5 consecutive 3 and outs and multiple explosive plays given up by the defense, the team is so good they still SHOULD have won against an ascending team that has a genuine star at QB.

That's not the mark of an average team.

This team is very clearly well above average.

It's just the 1-3 start due to Joe Burrow's injury makes it feel like we have been average when we have actually been terrible, and then elite, and then stumbled here due to a variety of unique factors.

If this was our 2nd loss and we were now 7-2, no one would be calling us average. Unfortunately, we gave away the game to the Browns and Titans early on due to a non-functional offense to start the season, so we are in catch up mode, effectively, for the remainder of the season.

Before and after the draft I don't recall many folks giving him his flowers. If I remember correctly many to most in the draft forum were saying that he would be a bust. To read "ascending star" is pretty humorous harkening back to February-October. Ts, you are correct. He's playing very well for a rookie.

That said, you can't give up 350 to a rook and 150 to Singletary and feel tits up about the remaining schedule. Yes, they are capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat, but if a bullfrog had wings ect...

The turnovers are great but the yardage being given up isn't very encouraging. Lou and the D better get better and like quick! Three days quick. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't think they're guys are scrubs. They have a good receiving core. Again they're run success is what really shocked me. I thought we would hold that in check while I was expecting they're passing attack to give us fits.

When we lose, that's usually a part of the reason why. I hate conservative play calling and playing not to lose instead of playing to step on teams' throats.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying good things about Stroud; he played well for 2-2 1/2 quarters.

The rest of the time, he took advantage of blown holding calls, lost 2 fumbles and threw a horrible INT at the worst possible time.

His overall numbers were worse than Joe's FFS, who played well for 1 quarter.

We beat ourselves with playing too much zone and allowing Noah Brown to get open all the time as a result, Stroud did not take over the game and did not make all of his throws/did not make tricky throws.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face, Chase should never be under double digit targets in any game. He only had 6 today and big surprise we lost and the offense couldn’t do shit for long stretches. Dude is just too good to underutilize like that.
I felt like they were staying away from Chase early knowing he was a little dinged up. When they got down, they went to him more often, but too little too late as the defense was already gassed from the five straight 3-and-outs. Zac will never admit it, but I think we got caught looking past the Texans, if only a little. They went to TE early, and then nada. I only remember one throw to Yoshi?? Irwin had just two catches?? TB had an nice game statistically, but the two drops were costly. The first was likely gonna go for 30-40 yards and obviously the TD at the end. Joey B also with some uncharacteristic INTs.... No pressure on The QB.... 11 carries for Mixon?? Poor tackling.... Just not a great performance. On to Baltimore.... They gotta find a way for the W Thursday, no doubt. And with Hendrickson and Hubbard both potentially dinged up..... Gonna be awfully tough, but hopefully we see the Bengals out of the Bye and not anything close to a repeat of this afternoon..... Damned frustrated!! We should be playing to take over the division Thursday, not fighting for our playoff lives.....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Everyone saying good things about Stroud; he played well for 2-2 1/2 quarters.

The rest of the time, he took advantage of blown holding calls, lost 2 fumbles and threw a horrible INT at the worst possible time.

His overall numbers were worse than Joe's FFS, who played well for 1 quarter.

We beat ourselves with playing too much zone and allowing Noah Brown to get open all the time as a result, Stroud did not take over the game and did not make all of his throws/did not make tricky throws.

He had so little pressure and the "defense" lost the receivers in the zones so often that he almost never had to throw into coverage - the receivers were always WIDE open. And with that he threw one INT and our DBs dropped two more plus the fumbles. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:09 AM)Joelist Wrote: He had so little pressure and the "defense" lost the receivers in the zones so often that he almost never had to throw into coverage - the receivers were always WIDE open. And with that he threw one INT and our DBs dropped two more plus the fumbles. 

There's actually A LOT of talk that he's the front-runner for MVP..

People are legitimately nuts.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: On the radio postgame show, Chick, Willie(Anderson), and Joe(Walter) all said the Bengals need to run the ball more. Said it will help the passing game. Said Mixon getting 16 carries is not enough. Said he needs to be given the rock 25-30 times a game.

Mixon getting 25-30 carries per game would mean roughly half of our offensive snaps go directly through him.  That just doesn't seem like the type of football a team with an ultra pricey QB in 2023 would play. 
Reply/Quote