Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Gashed by scrubs
(11-12-2023, 06:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: I got attacked in Game Day for noting the similarity to the Mike White debacle. 

90% of your comments in the Game Day thread should be called out every single week. And you were not attacked by that poster.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Defense was not good but I give almost all the credit to Stroud.  He's that good,  already.

Now Burrow looked like the rookie today.    He was nowhere near good enough to win this game.  On a day when the opposing QB is having a phenomenal day.

That pass to Boyd he can do in his sleep,  but today he makes it into an acrobatic catch that unfortunately isn't made.  Simply not good enough from a man making nearly 55 million a year.

it hit Boyd right in his mitts. Blaming Burrow there is pure delusion

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Defense was not good but I give almost all the credit to Stroud.  He's that good,  already.

Now Burrow looked like the rookie today.    He was nowhere near good enough to win this game.  On a day when the opposing QB is having a phenomenal day.

That pass to Boyd he can do in his sleep,  but today he makes it into an acrobatic catch that unfortunately isn't made.  Simply not good enough from a man making nearly 55 million a year.

1 Oline and Dline dominated the game and 1 did not. Switch the pressure Burrow got with Shroud as well as the run games and its a blowout for the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it hit Boyd right in his mitts. Blaming Burrow there is pure delusion

You dont understand Frank, Burrow makes 55M to throw it and Boyd only makes 10M to catch it, thus the throw has to be 5 times easier for Boyd due to the salary cap...... we can learn a lot from these experts.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it hit Boyd right in his mitts. Blaming Burrow there is pure delusion

I agree, Burrow should not be blamed for THAT throw
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In free agency, a few of us tried to say how mediocre Scott was. But, the board in general acted like he was some young find.

Reality is that he's not that young relatively and he's a special teamer.

Yeah, i made that erroneous take. Although i thought Scott was young only in that he was relatively new to the position, as he was only converted to a safety in his last two years of college. He mostly had a background as a running back. But he had been starting safety for a Super Bowl champion and had all this speed and a reputation as a hard hitter. I expected more.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:51 PM)TheFan Wrote: 1 Oline and Dline dominated the game and 1 did not. Switch the pressure Burrow got with Shroud as well as the run games and its a blowout for the Bengals. 

Exactly...we had our asses handed to us in the trenches all day...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Because we have no running game. Our o line was garbage today and d line was worse. Texans deserved that win. We didnt just loss because Tyler dropped a TD.

We don't run the ball enough, we had over 4 yds a carry, we lost on offense with 2 ints last 9 mins to go on Houston side of ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There was NO need for acrobatics, it hit Boyd in BOTH hands.  He makes $10M a year to catch that easy pass which he should be able to do in his sleep.

FFS, I actually forgot how much Boyd was making.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We don't run the ball enough, we had over 4 yds a carry, we lost on offense with 2 ints last 9 mins to go on Houston side of ball.

4.1 ypc is still bad

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Down with benching Scott. Hate to say I told y’all so about this free agency…

We also need to move on from Boyd. Idc how reliable he’s been. He gets bad cases of the dropsies in big moments constantly.

Between his earlier career struggles, the SB, and today; I’m done.
Reply/Quote
That 1st down play with goal to go was also garbage. Think everyone sucked who was part of the three plays down there, aside from any RB who I think should have been out there.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It's easy to fall for all the fake hype the "media experts" keep spewing about how "the Bengals are the team nobody wants to play now", or an "offensive powerhouse like the Bengals" or "all the Bengals weapons."  Well where were they today? This is no SB team or a playoff team. They are Jekyll and Hyde. One week they look legit the next week (today) they look all out of sync on both sides of the ball.  Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:47 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: It's easy to fall for all the fake hype the "media experts" keep spewing about how "the Bengals are the team nobody wants to play now", or an "offensive powerhouse like the Bengals" or "all the Bengals weapons."  Well where were they today? This is no SB team or a playoff team. They are Jekyll and Hyde. One week they look legit the next week (today) they look all out of sync on both sides of the ball.  Confused
Coaching staff is awful. Get rid of all of them before Joe is out of his prime. Get him a line too. 
Reply/Quote
OBJ was in Burrow's lap the whole game, this was by far his worst game. He was getting bull rushed by a linebacker and getting destroyed.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Ouch
Reply/Quote
You guys need to calm down, the negative nancy, debbie downer, incessant crying is over the top.

We are 5-4 get to play the Ravens on Thursday night and get to show what we really are. The Texans and Stroud
played great and we need to get better at stopping the run and we all know it. We have been 5-4 the last couple
years as well. Sucks losing a game at home and being 1-4 in the AFC but there is still hope.

Not giving up on this season even if we are in the toughest Division, the Browns beat the Ravens and if we can
get the win in Baltimore on Thursday we can start feeling better about our chances.

Tough loss, I will give the dweebs that much negativism, but no more. CJ Stroud is good.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You guys need to calm down, the negative nancy, debbie downer, incessant crying is over the top.

We are 5-4 get to play the Ravens on Thursday night and get to show what we really are. The Texans and Stroud
played great and we need to get better at stopping the run and we all know it. We have been 5-4 the last couple
years as well. Sucks losing a game at home and being 1-4 in the AFC but there is still hope.

Not giving up on this season even if we are in the toughest Division, the Browns beat the Ravens and if we can
get the win in Baltimore on Thursday we can start feeling better about our chances.

Tough loss, I will give the dweebs that much negativism, but no more. CJ Stroud is good.

Ya, there's a lot to be excited about. Giving up almost 600 yards to a rookie lead offense with half the players on said offense injured is amazing.. It's really looking up..
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You guys need to calm down, the negative nancy, debbie downer, incessant crying is over the top.

What leads you to believe the Ravens won't do EXACTLY what the Texans just did?
Lamar is BETTER than Stroud, and now the Bengals won't have Hendrickson.
On paper, it looks like a Ravens blowout win.
Reply/Quote