Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Gashed by scrubs
(11-12-2023, 06:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their stat lines were actually way closer than I thought.

- Stroud

23/39, 356 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 87.1 passer rating

- Burrow

27/40, 347 yards, 2 TD’s,  2 INT, 90.3 passer rating

The difference was Stroud ran one in, Burrow had the 2nd pick (killer), and the Texans actually had a running game.

Play calling needs to be better 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Brown hasn't had a 150-receiving-yard game since last week. But yeah, this one stung. The team was just as crappy as they were good. I will say I like the Stroud kid and whoever made the choice to take Young over him should be unemployed.

Brown’s 150 last week was fluky. This week they were leaving him wide open in the zones. Noah Brown is thoroughly average at best, as is Singletary.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The Bengals have never played in Kansas.

This was the same as the Mike White game, period.

And it's not the refs' fault we lost, but Jesus Christ call a goddamn hold.

I think you know what was meant   Tongue

Not so sure about the Mike White comparison... that game was clearly a fluke kind of 'crap the bed' performance. This one... I'm not expecting it to be that bad every week, but the Bengals are giving up a lot of yards to virtually everybody this year. PPG is where we shine, and even dropping 30 today was probably less than the Texans should've had. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:50 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think you know what was meant   Tongue

Not so sure about the Mike White comparison... that game was clearly a fluke kind of 'crap the bed' performance. This one... I'm not expecting it to be that bad every week, but the Bengals are giving up a lot of yards to virtually everybody this year. PPG is where we shine, and even dropping 30 today was probably less than the Texans should've had. 

Which makes it like a Mike White game: the circumstances before the game are moot and this game played out almost exactly like that, save for the field goal.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Play calling needs to be better 

It was bad today. No two ways about it. 1 of the TD’s was just Burrow scrambling and making magic out of nothing to hit Chase for a TD, or it could have been even worse.

That QB draw play at the end of the game will haunt me in my sleep.

Reply/Quote
The only similarity between losing this game and losing the Mike White game is we lost both.

Mike White was making his first career start in his 3 year in the NFL. The dude miraculously "single-handly" beat us.

CJ Stroud is a rookie coming off an Offensive Player of the week performance and beat us with a total team effort.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Which makes it like a Mike White game: the circumstances before the game are moot and this game played out almost exactly like that, save for the field goal.

Of course they aren't. The defence this year is 31st in yards per play given up. They aren't stopping anybody on that front, but fortunately they're stopping points given up. Mike White and CJ Stroud are definitely different calibres of QB too.
Reply/Quote
how is nick scott on an nfl roster?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Play calling needs to be better 

I totally agree — but when the Bengals can’t run the ball the playbook shrinks dramatically. I’m done with Joe Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Rattler Wrote: how is nick scott on an nfl roster?

He has worse ball skills than Ifaneyi Ohalete and worse hands than Dan Coats.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He has worse ball skills than Ifaneyi Ohalete and worse hands than Dan Coats.

ray horton 2.0
Reply/Quote
The fact that Nick Scott has not been benched instantly calls Lou's credibility into question.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Rattler Wrote: how is nick scott on an nfl roster?

A desperate Bengals team thar couldn't keep either of their good safeties 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A desperate Bengals team thar couldn't keep either of their good safeties 

may as well start a rook...no way could they be any more of a liability...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A desperate Bengals team thar couldn't keep either of their good safeties 

So play Battle.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Brown hasn't had a 150-receiving-yard game since last week. But yeah, this one stung. The team was just as crappy as they were good. I will say I like the Stroud kid and whoever made the choice to take Young over him should be unemployed.

Time to table the "Sweet Lou" defensive genius talk. 350 plus to a rookie QB and 100 plus to a mediocre RB isn't going to cut it. Picks,drops, and the Texans are talented. Ts, this game needed to be won.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:10 PM)Rattler Wrote: may as well start a rook...no way could they be any more of a liability...

But they can only move in straight lines
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t even play the same position.

No shit. Not the point of my comment bro.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:10 PM)Rattler Wrote: may as well start a rook...no way could they be any more of a liability...

(11-12-2023, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So play Battle.

I agree. Scott has been a massive liability. Unless Battle has looked really bad in practice there's no real excuse to not have him out there
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So play Battle.

EXACTLY! It would be easier to watch this horsecrap knowing Battle was learning at the same time instead of Scott showing everyone how NOT to play safety.
Reply/Quote