Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Gashed by scrubs
(11-12-2023, 07:11 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Time to table the "Sweet Lou" defensive genius talk. 350 plus to a rookie QB and 100 plus to a mediocre RB isn't going to cut it. Picks,drops, and the Texans are talented. Ts, this game needed to be won.  

I’m ready to move on from Lou Anarumo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Defense was not good but I give almost all the credit to Stroud.  He's that good,  already.

Now Burrow looked like the rookie today.    He was nowhere near good enough to win this game.  On a day when the opposing QB is having a phenomenal day.

That pass to Boyd he can do in his sleep,  but today he makes it into an acrobatic catch that unfortunately isn't made.  Simply not good enough from a man making nearly 55 million a year.

Agreed. Burrow was just not good enough today. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There's a lot of drama in this thread. We are fine. The seasons not over. We're not trash. The line isn't garbage. Zac doesnt suck. The D is strong and Lou is still the greatest DC in the NFL.

Give credit where it's due. The Texans are legit. CJ Stroud is legit. Their receivers are legit. Our D was getting gassed and probably made them look a little better than they are, but I won't take nothing away from the Texans.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The Bengals have never played in Kansas.

This was the same as the Mike White game, period.

And it's not the refs' fault we lost, but Jesus Christ call a goddamn hold.

They did....on a Jonah Williams pancake  Whatever

Reply/Quote
Actually Stroud was NOT that good. He threw one pick and if our defense could catch should have had 2 more plus the fumbles. What worked for them was little to no pressure combined with our moronic secondary completely failing to track and react to receivers in the zones. It was all broken coverage explosive plays just like most of the season. It makes me wonder how much of this is replacing one of the smarter secondary players in the league (Vonn Bell) with Nick Scott who seems to have the IQ of a grapefruit. Bell was the one alerting players to the receivers and I wonder if a lot of this is Scott just missing the reads and not alerting?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:24 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They did....on a Jonah Williams pancake  Whatever

Indeed, I believe it was the only hold and he finished his block.

BJ looked to be held 4-5 times, jersey being tugged, hell, on the Stroud TD run, he was held right in front of Stroud.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
“If our defense could catch”

They are literally like top 2-3 in the league in INT’s.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “If our defense could catch”

They are literally like top 2-3 in the league in INT’s.

But they dropped two today including a probably pick six. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Stroud was NOT that good. He threw one pick and if our defense could catch should have had 2 more plus the fumbles. What worked for them was little to no pressure combined with our moronic secondary completely failing to track and react to receivers in the zones. It was all broken coverage explosive plays just like most of the season. It makes me wonder how much of this is replacing one of the smarter secondary players in the league (Vonn Bell) with Nick Scott who seems to have the IQ of a grapefruit. Bell was the one alerting players to the receivers and I wonder if a lot of this is Scott just missing the reads and not alerting?

Couldn't agree more....

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed, I believe it was the only hold and he finished his block.

BJ looked to be held 4-5 times, jersey being tugged, hell, on the Stroud TD run, he was held right in front of Stroud.

I saw it all day long too. 

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Joelist Wrote:  Nick Scott who seems to have the IQ of a grapefruit. 

No need to disrespect grapefruits like that. They are beneficial. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Running game suspect? FEAR NOT! A get-right game against the Bengals defense is all ya need to get it going!

If they don't buckle down on that NOW, Thursday night will be the nail in the coffin!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how we bounce back from this on a short week on the road...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He has worse ball skills than Ifaneyi Ohalete and worse hands than Dan Coats.

Dan Coats had cast iron skillet hands. When you hands are compared to Dan Coats shit is bad.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Why can't we cover Noah Brown? Dude killed us in Dallas last year as well!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Stroud was NOT that good. He threw one pick and if our defense could catch should have had 2 more plus the fumbles. What worked for them was little to no pressure combined with our moronic secondary completely failing to track and react to receivers in the zones. It was all broken coverage explosive plays just like most of the season. It makes me wonder how much of this is replacing one of the smarter secondary players in the league (Vonn Bell) with Nick Scott who seems to have the IQ of a grapefruit. Bell was the one alerting players to the receivers and I wonder if a lot of this is Scott just missing the reads and not alerting?

Losing Von Bell was a shock. I think we understood the Bengals couldn't retain Bates. But losing both Bates and Bell has been huge. Anarumo said it would be a "dark day" if the Bengals lost both. The front office really needed to find a way to have kept one of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:49 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Brown’s 150 last week was fluky.  This week they were leaving him wide open in the zones.  Noah Brown is thoroughly average at best, as is Singletary.

We weren't leaving him open. In Zones, guys are taught to find the open spots.

It's semantics, but offensive play design calls plays to get guys open vs zone.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Rattler Wrote: how is nick scott on an nfl roster?

In free agency, a few of us tried to say how mediocre Scott was. But, the board in general acted like he was some young find.

Reality is that he's not that young relatively and he's a special teamer.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: Losing Von Bell was a shock. I think we understood the Bengals couldn't retain Bates. But losing both Bates and Bell has been huge. Anarumo said it would be a "dark day" if the Bengals lost both. The front office really needed to find a way to have kept one of them.

Yes. But, let's face it...Bell was like another LB. He wasn't great in coverage.

Awuzie hasn't recovered to his great play of a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: That pass to Boyd he can do in his sleep,  but today he makes it into an acrobatic catch that unfortunately isn't made.  Simply not good enough from a man making nearly 55 million a year.

There was NO need for acrobatics, it hit Boyd in BOTH hands.  He makes $10M a year to catch that easy pass which he should be able to do in his sleep.

Reply/Quote