Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins Not on the block
(10-30-2020, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Next year will be year #3 of the "re-build".

There is ZERO excuse for not being a playoff contender after three years of re-building.  If a head coach can't buid a contender in 3 years then he can't do it at all.

Since Atkins should still be a solid starter next year there is no reason to trade him away.  All that would do would create another hole to fill and we have no one on the roster to fill that hole.

Trading away solid starters with a replacement hurts re-building.  The only time to do that is in year one.  If you are creating new holes for year three then you don't know how to re-build.

When we hired (I say "we" because the fans had soooo much input) Zac, some folks were upset. After last season, a lot of folks were upset. And I'm still where I am after last season: give him three years. If a coach is a good coach and he has some access to FA's (which Zac has) and some decent picks (which Zac has), then by the third year he should have enough players in place in his system to win.

I'm not going to get upset if we don't win another game this year. But if we don't win a playoff game next year, then we need a new head coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 09:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

Not only that, but the cap savings can be re-allocated to sign new FAs or extend other players.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 09:32 PM)Benton Wrote: When we hired (I say "we" because the fans had soooo much input) Zac, some folks were upset. After last season, a lot of folks were upset. And I'm still where I am after last season: give him three years. If a coach is a good coach and he has some access to FA's (which Zac has) and some decent picks (which Zac has), then by the third year he should have enough players in place in his system to win.

I'm not going to get upset if we don't win another game this year. But if we don't win a playoff game next year, then we need a new head coach.

I'm with you with a caveat.  Anarumo has to go.  He's just not good.  

I have some hope for Zac.  He's showing growth as a play caller.  Whether that's just a function of having Joe Burrow or real growth, I suppose time will tell.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps someone in the FO (MB) wants another career Bengal accepted into the HOF. I can't argue with that line of thinking, if Geno is healthy. But again, I question the coaching staff and if they're trying to force him into a role he's not built for. We do not have the personnel for a 3-4 and if that's what Anarumo ultimately wants, he's a ***** idiot. Fire this cancer DC already.

This guy says less than Harpo Marx, so if the coaches get rid of Atkins it won't be due to insubordination.
Reply/Quote