Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geno Stone plans to sign with the Bengals
I imagine when the league year begins and Stone puts pen to paper, we'll cut Scott.

As for Stone, I like the signing. I imagine Burrow will sit down with him and ask him what he saw in that first meeting of the season to make that INT. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Geno is excited. He said he wants to be known as a ballhawk and as a leader and great communicator on the field.

He said Vonn has been a sort of mentor to him so he was really excited to see the news he was coming back to Cincinnati

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 03:51 PM)pally Wrote: Geno is excited.  He said he wants to be known as a ballhawk and as a leader and great communicator on the field.

He said Vonn has been a sort of mentor to him so he was really excited to see the news he was coming back to Cincinnati

Quote:"That's what I've been trying to do my whole career. Be a leader, be a communicator on the field. A defense that's obnoxious is great. You know, everyone's on the same page and if you're all wrong, you're all right. So that's the main thing. I want to be a leader on the field and a leader in the locker room."

LOVE IT! 

Keeping everyone on the same page will do wonders for this defense! I love that he's excited to be a part of this defense and do all kinds of different things!

Quote:"I think of myself as a ballhawk," Stone said. "Watching their film already. I see myself fitting this defense really well. I see myself down in the box. I see myself doing a bunch of different things, but I see myself fitting this defense really well."

Playing in the box would be a bonus since the knock on him was his run defense wasn't strong, but he's saying he's going to give a big "F YOU" to all the haters and is going to be a complete safety!

He's acknowledging his weakness (real or perceived) and taking it head-on!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 04:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE IT! 

Keeping everyone on the same page will do wonders for this defense! I love that he's excited to be a part of this defense and do all kinds of different things!

Playing in the box would be a bonus since the knock on him was his run defense wasn't strong, but he's saying he's going to give a big "F YOU" to all the haters and is going to be a complete safety!

He's acknowledging his weakness (real or perceived) and taking it head-on!

This is really cool, I like what Geno Stone is saying here and like you said Brad, he is taking on his perceived weakness without any caution.

Shows Stone really wants to work on his game and perfect it. Nice him also saying how Vonn has been a sort of mentor to him which is huge.

I honestly cannot imagine how good Stone can become with Bell now here, not to mention Battle and Dax.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is really cool, I like what Geno Stone is saying here and like you said Brad, he is taking on his perceived weakness without any caution.

Shows Stone really wants to work on his game and perfect it. Nice him also saying how Vonn has been a sort of mentor to him which  is huge.

I honestly cannot imagine how good Stone can become with Bell now here, not to mention Battle and Dax.

I also love how excited he is to be here and to work on his game.

Like you said, Bell, Battle, and Dax will also elevate their games, as well as his own.

I'm still just loving the communication part and the fact that it seems like the DB room will be a cohesive unit.

I know it's a lot different, but I played DB before the wreck and we were our own unit. We were cocky because we had to be in order to take on opposing offenses without fear.

Whenever we'd end a practice or even after warmups before games, we'd all huddle up, put our hands in, and yell "DBs."

I also love how he's coming in with a mentality like he needs to be his best because he knows how good this team is. I know all NFL players want to play their best, but I think it's a whole different mentality when you're coming into a team that has Super Bowl expectations.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 04:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I also love how excited he is to be here and to work on his game.

Like you said, Bell, Battle, and Dax will also elevate their games, as well as his own.

I'm still just loving the communication part and the fact that it seems like the DB room will be a cohesive unit.

I know it's a lot different, but I played DB before the wreck and we were our own unit. We were cocky because we had to be in order to take on opposing offenses without fear.

Whenever we'd end a practice or even after warmups before games, we'd all huddle up, put our hands in, and yell "DBs."

I also love how he's coming in with a mentality like he needs to be his best because he knows how good this team is. I know all NFL players want to play their best, but I think it's a whole different mentality when you're coming into a team that has Super Bowl expectations.

Yep we all know the Ravens are a damn good regular season team, but in the Playoffs they have not been good lately, unlike us lately.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This was probably the highlight of free agency for me. Turned a positional weakness into a strength. If Turner can develop (and who's to say he can't?) it can become a really powerful secondary that's equally versatile, athletic and deep. And we do well with Genos in general. Glad that Mr. Stone's here now.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we have Stone, but I wonder what's up with all of these short term deals in free agency. Free agency used to be 4-6 year deals, even some being 7 years. Now they've all been 1-3 years.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 02:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm glad we have Stone, but I wonder what's up with all of these short term deals in free agency. Free agency used to be 4-6 year deals, even some being 7 years. Now they've all been 1-3 years.

Who wants to lock in a guy for 7 years at a big number (unless your a QB or maybe someone like chris jones etc.) when in 2 or 3 years you can find someone just as good or better for less....
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:19 AM)pulses Wrote: Who wants to lock in a guy for 7 years at a big number (unless your a QB or maybe someone like chris jones etc.) when in 2 or 3 years you can find someone just as good or better for less....
Also, a lot can happen in 4-7 years. Injuries, severe wear and tear, coaching / scheme changes and rebuilds. You sign a guy for that long, you are in it for the long ride no matter what. And one bad LTC can set your franchise back YEARS.
Reply/Quote
2yr deals are the new 1 year deal for the FO it seems. I guess they feel if they bust they are more willing to cut them after a year, and if they star, they can keep them a year on the cheap. But then we back in this predicament in 2 years. Especially at FS where we’d have to draft one soon to replace Stone, and Lou’s scheme seemingly stronger with a savvy vet back there. I think a 4 year deal for a FA you believe can make a difference is sufficient.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a 4yr signing showing they saw any of them as a future piece. Stone would have been the one that made sense given the relatively weak draft at the position, a player ready for their 2nd contract and underrated (ala 2020/21), and a steal from the division.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: 432398706_7654346587959694_2250902508667...e=65FACF48]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 02:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm glad we have Stone, but I wonder what's up with all of these short term deals in free agency. Free agency used to be 4-6 year deals, even some being 7 years. Now they've all been 1-3 years.

(03-16-2024, 04:19 AM)pulses Wrote: Who wants to lock in a guy for 7 years at a big number (unless your a QB or maybe someone like chris jones etc.) when in 2 or 3 years you can find someone just as good or better for less....

That's exactly it, teams spend the cap on the short term deals til a player comes along that's worth locking down for 3-4 years. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 432398706_7654346587959694_2250902508667...e=65FACF48]

Nice. Bring him back to his hometown for one last shot at a ring. He would definitely help keep morale high.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Nice. Bring him back to his hometown for one last shot at a ring. He would definitely help keep morale high.

What is Kat Williams history again? Fast dude I would assume?
Reply/Quote

(03-17-2024, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is Kat Williams history again? Fast dude I would assume?

lol can't tell if you're serious but he's a famous comedian/actor from Cinci!

[Image: d7aaa6c4ec7afe26ba165cdc66836688220ce1d9...FMpng_.png]
Reply/Quote

The way the cap is rising, I think agents and players know they can get another contract in 2 or 3 years if they are younger.

Older players likely the team does not want to over commit. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Nice. Bring him back to his hometown for one last shot at a ring. He would definitely help keep morale high.

(03-17-2024, 01:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol can't tell if you're serious but he's a famous comedian/actor from Cinci!

[Image: d7aaa6c4ec7afe26ba165cdc66836688220ce1d9...FMpng_.png]

And folks are comparing Geno to Kat Williams because of his "Luxurious Hair "

[Image: gddsx3koin6jh6o2jeqo.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote