Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno :cry:
You da man Geno! Thanks for the memories and thanks for bringing respectability to the Bengals defense when it was sorely needed.

Now I have to change all of my passwords.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was our best player for the last 10 years and yes I am including Green. Im sad that it's over but the guy gave us everything. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere and gets to compete for a championship. I'm definitely going to be in Canton to watch him go into the HOF!!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This day comes for most players, unfortunately, even the best. Here's the good news: Both Geno Atkins and AJ Green will go into the Hall of Fame as Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This day comes for most players, unfortunately, even the best.  Here's the good news:  Both Geno Atkins and AJ Green will go into the Hall of Fame as Bengals.

AJ Green isn't going to be in the NFL HoF. His overall productivity doesn't warrant it when you compare him to peers who also aren't in the HoF.
Reply/Quote
Def an end of an era. This is now official Zac's team (for better or for worse).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm very sad Sad
Reply/Quote
It'll be a very long time before we see another guy like Adkins . Remember when he was still a new kid on the block? They said he was too short.. Well, duh, huh?
I don't necessarily feel bad for him financially. If he's broke it's his own fault.. For that matter if a one year player that was paid league minimum is broke it's his own fault.. Give me half a million bucks for a year and see how long it takes me to go broke.. Never? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Thanks and good luck, Geno.

I hope they re-sign Mike Daniels. He was a force against the run that we haven't seen in a long time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Good luck Geno we love you. Future HOF
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How can it be this late and this early at the same time?

(03-19-2021, 01:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Please explain, FA officially started 3 days ago. The draft will not occur for over a month.

Dirty to me is cutting him during training camp.
If it were our plan was to cut him we could have done so prior to FA. He could have found a home before FA began; aka Watt.

Hope that explains it
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If it were our plan was to cut him we could have done so prior to FA. He could have found a home before FA began; aka Watt.

Hope that explains it

But, it’s still early. Right?
Reply/Quote
My favorite defensive player ever. Sad to see him go, honestly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Good Luck Geno you will always be a fan favorite and I hope you make the HoF.

I'm sorry, I've lost track.  Are we doing what's best for the team or being nice to players because we like them?

Yeah, I'd like them to be respectful of legacy players whenever they can do that and not harm the team.  But as long as they were negotiating with Geno in good faith with the intention of keeping him if the cap numbers worked out, then that's business.  You don't cut players that you'd like to keep when there's no guarantee that the deals you're making space for will come through.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: One of the best Bengals ever, good luck to him!

Yup, likely best 4th rounder ever....
good luck to him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, it’s still early. Right?

Yes the email you quoted from 2 days ago was written early in the Free Agency process; however, if you comprehended what I wrote you will see that had nothing to do with the Geno Atkins situation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I knew this might happen but this one hurts. Geno is one of my all time favorites and probably our next HOF player (since they keep screwing over the older guys).

Thanks and good luck to a Bengals legend.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes the email you quoted from 2 days ago was written early in the Free Agency process; however, if you comprehended what I wrote you will see that had nothing to do with the Geno Atkins situation. 

They didn’t cut Hart until after they signed Reiff. They didn’t cut Geno until after the signed Ogunjobi.

Since you like barnyard parables involving bulls, let me tell you the one about not counting your chickens until after the eggs hatch.

The Bengals couldn’t know Reiff and Ogunjobi would sign with them two days ago. But, once they secured their replacements they released them. Had they released them earlier it would have tipped their hand and given the agents more negotiating leverage. And if the Bengals weren’t able to sign Reiff or Ogunjobi they would have a greater need for lesser players had they released Geno and Hart before securing their replacements.

Like you wrote before, it’s early. Except when you claim it’s late.
Reply/Quote
Geno and AJ

All time Bengal greats. Both may be the best we ever had at their positions.

They both also seemed like really good young men.

I hope one of them lands on a super bowl winner.
Reply/Quote
It may not be over.... according to the team's website, if they can work out a team friendly deal, he may be right back in Cincinnati.

If that's not the case, thanks for the HUGE effort all these years, and keeping it all about the game. No shit talk, just straight up production and getting after it. Hate to see it, but all things must end eventually.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: It may not be over.... according to the team's website, if they can work out a team friendly deal, he may be right back in Cincinnati.

If that's not the case, thanks for the HUGE effort all these years, and keeping it all about the game. No shit talk, just straight up production and getting after it. Hate to see it, but all things must end eventually.

I hope the re-siign him for a one or two year deal and let him retire a Bengal. He's a first ballot HOFer, and I'd like his whole career to be right here.
Reply/Quote