Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno :cry:
(03-19-2021, 03:07 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It may not be over.... according to the team's website, if they can work out a team friendly deal, he may be right back in Cincinnati.

If that's not the case, thanks for the HUGE effort all these years, and keeping it all about the game. No shit talk, just straight up production and getting after it. Hate to see it, but all things must end eventually.

That would be good, because I think he can still play at a high level if he isn’t injured and can use both his arms.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:07 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It may not be over.... according to the team's website, if they can work out a team friendly deal, he may be right back in Cincinnati.

If that's not the case, thanks for the HUGE effort all these years, and keeping it all about the game. No shit talk, just straight up production and getting after it. Hate to see it, but all things must end eventually.

So I shouldn’t change my passwords yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Go win some games somewhere Geno...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He was released with a failed physical designation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: He was released with a failed physical designation

Can you explain the significance of that?

And is it true the team asked him to defer surgery until after the season?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That would be good, because I think he can still play at a high level if he isn’t injured and can use both his arms.

Same....I think he'd do well with a good rotation to keep him fresh.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So I shouldn’t change my passwords yet?

Might wanna hang tight a lil' bit longer....

Reply/Quote
Said we should have traded Geno and AJ years ago lol, look at this. Fans of this franchise and Mike Brown still? Lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:00 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Definitely the end of an era.

No more AJ, no more Carlos, no more Geno ...

Besides Clark Harris, it's a brand new story to begin with Joe Burrow.

the D is going to get revamped.. halleluhia!  Who Dey

I hope we draft 6 out of 7 rounds on D too.

Bengals are gonna be known as a D team going forward. Lovely.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:38 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Yep, Zac has just confirmed it.

Thought this would happen, surprised we waited this long though. Good luck to Geno, one of our greatest DL of all time.

He was sniffing the HOF until the injuries.

Loved how in his prime he would just toss the Guard into the QB...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: It may not be over.... according to the team's website, if they can work out a team friendly deal, he may be right back in Cincinnati.

I think there's some upside if they can get him back at a reduced salary. #1, less money on the cap. #2, healthy and productive(?). #3, continue to mentor LO from the same sideline during games. #4, FINALLY get a great player of 10+ years to retire from the team when he's done.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good luck Geno with wherever you end up.

He's easily in my top 10 favorite Bengals of all time and I'm old so I have a longer list that you younginns.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 09:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Said we should have traded Geno and AJ years ago lol, look at this. Fans of this franchise and Mike Brown still? Lol.

They would not have gotten anything decent for either one. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought this would happen, surprised we waited this long though. Good luck to Geno, one of our greatest DL of all time.

He was sniffing the HOF until the injuries.

Loved how in his prime he would just toss the Guard into the QB...

His bullrush was great... He'd just get up under a guy and drive him straight back. If he didn't finish it Carlos, MJ, or Gilberry would. Until Donald came along, he was the best interior pass rush guy in the league in my opinion.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:09 PM)jason Wrote: His bullrush was great... He'd just get up under a guy and drive him straight back. If he didn't finish it Carlos, MJ, or Gilberry would. Until Donald came along, he was the best interior pass rush guy in the league in my opinion.

No shit, completely agree. He was unblockable with that bullrush. That is why he was Aaron's favorite player when he was at ND.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hope the re-siign him for a one or two year deal and let him retire a Bengal. He's a first ballot HOFer, and I'd like his whole career to be right here.

Right there with you.

(03-20-2021, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think there's some upside if they can get him back at a reduced salary. #1, less money on the cap. #2, healthy and productive(?). #3, continue to mentor LO from the same sideline during games. #4, FINALLY get a great player of 10+ years to retire from the team when he's done.

Yes, absolutely. If he has healed, I think he could contribute on a smaller snap count. It'd be awesome to unleash a fresh Geno in the 4th quarter of tight games.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right there with you.

Yes, absolutely. If he has healed, I think he could contribute on a smaller snap count. It'd be awesome to unleash a fresh Geno in the 4th quarter of tight games.

I don't anyone disagrees 5 to 6 million a year Geno versus 14 million a year Geno would be great to have him back. He has underperformed his contract and not been dominant for a few years now. Some due to injury, but was it all just injury? I don't know.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't anyone disagrees 5 to 6 million a year Geno versus 14 million a year Geno would be great to have him back. He has underperformed his contract and not been dominant for a few years now. Some due to injury, but was it all just injury? I don't know.

Hard to say....it was pretty obvious he wasn't full strength last year, and I think he played way too many snaps the year prior.

Reply/Quote
I would love to have him back at a lower contract. My only thing is why didn't they just go ahead and restructure his contact? That is assuming they didn't try and he is willing to do it. Especially considering we didn't rush out to sign anyone with the extra cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So they’re creating cap space to do what?

Sign the rookies. Injury contingency. The usual... . Or hopefully an IOL.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote