Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno :cry:
(03-19-2021, 12:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Someone tweeted we were still nosing around the DT market after signing Larry, so we may not be done there either. I think a guard is still coming as well as a WR even if it isn't Golladay. 

I have always said we would sign a WR.  Just did not expect it to be one of the big expensive ones.

I love Boyd and Higgins, but our WR talent falls off a cliff after those two.  And our #3 WR is really a starter.

We need more than a scrub or "scrap heap" WR,  but we don't need to pay for a #1.
Reply/Quote
Sad to see Geno and AJ gone, but it was time. Spend that money on some new younger talent and we will actually have a New Dey. Good luck to both of those guys. If they revitalize their careers elsewhere they will both hopefully have a shot at the HOF and should definitely be in any Bengals HOF soon
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Someone tweeted we were still nosing around the DT market after signing Larry, so we may not be done there either. I think a guard is still coming as well as a WR even if it isn't Golladay. 

Speaking of Larry’s why hasn’t Warford signed anywhere?

Reply/Quote
They’re not messing around today.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of Larry’s why hasn’t Warford signed anywhere?

Rumours on Twitter he may retire.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Rumours on Twitter he may retire.

Damn

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We did him dirty by cutting him this late,

Agreed, but Bengals prefer to get replacement signed before releasing anyone. Looks like Ogunjobi is going to be the (stopgap) replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yep. He's a HOFer. Sad it ended this way.

Thanks foe everything Geno!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn

Can't find the tweet, but it was sometime yesterday, IIRC.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen this news anywhere yet
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of Larry’s why hasn’t Warford signed anywhere?

I'm not sure he is really a great fit in an outside zone scheme anyways unfortunately. 
Reply/Quote
So they’re creating cap space to do what?
Reply/Quote
Definitely the end of an era.

No more AJ, no more Carlos, no more Geno ...

Besides Clark Harris, it's a brand new story to begin with Joe Burrow.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
maybe he goes plays next to Watt in AZ

best of luck geno please leave the division
Reply/Quote

(03-17-2021, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think when folks are this far off the ledge this early in the process; it's incubate on me to share the story of the old bull and the young bull.

An old bull and a young bull were standing on a hilltop over looking a heard of cattle

The young bull said to the old bull "Hey let's run down there and have relations with one of those cows"

The old bull said "No. Let's walk down and have relations with all of them"

How can it be this late and this early at the same time?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of Larry’s why hasn’t Warford signed anywhere?

I think there's something wrong with him.

Even the fact he was initially cut by the Saints raised some eyebrows, and people were wondering if he was hurt because he was still playing at a relatively high level.

Then he sat on the market forever and no one signed him.  (I know he later opted out, but I'm not sure I really buy this as Covid being his primary reason.  I think he knew his market either sucked or it was non-existent, so he took the year off)

And now we're here, the guy still is just sitting there with little news surrounding him.  The only explanation I can come up with is that he's damaged goods, and there's something people in NFL circles know that we do not yet.

I could be wrong, the whole thing just seems very strange.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So they’re creating cap space to do what?

Extend Bates? and hubbard?  Find a  new kicker.  Get more OL help.  Or DL maybe a WR and TE
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:40 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Anyone who didnt expect this move had their eyes closed.  

Geno was never going to take a pay cut to stay in Cincinnati.  He knows his self value. 

He knows he can go on the free agency market and still make 8-10M per year.  

He also knows he can potentially go to a team headed to the playoffs and/or Super Bowl.

He isn't going to do that here until maybe next year.  The team currently assembled won't make the playoffs in 2021 from the AFC North.  

Smart move by the organization.  Geno's a legend on the DL for the Bengals and hopefully will be in the ring of fame some day (if they do introduce it this year). 

This move was always on the cards but Geno is one of the greatest players this franchise has ever seen and we should remember that.

ps He won't be picking up $8-10m per year being cut this late

(03-19-2021, 12:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: It sucks, but it was time. Wishing Geno all the best.

This.
Reply/Quote

Please explain, FA officially started 3 days ago. The draft will not occur for over a month.

Dirty to me is cutting him during training camp.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:02 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: This move was always on the cards but Geno is one of the greatest players this franchise has ever seen and we should remember that.

ps He won't be picking up $8-10m per year being cut this late

This.

Well if I'm a contender with a chance to win a Super Bowl this year I give him a heavily incentivized contract and bring him for my defense.   I think Geno still has 2 or 3 years left in the tank if he can stay healthy, and he can help someone win a Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote