Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Iloka's Tweet Indicates Where He Wants To Be
https://twitter.com/George_iloka/status/702288040144846850

This may not be earth-shattering news. But I think it's a really good thing that some of our young stars want to stay as a Bengal. And honestly, how many times in the past did players want to stay here in their prime? Not many. This has the feel of a new organization.

Hoping they re-sign him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: https://twitter.com/George_iloka/status/702288040144846850

This may not be earth-shattering news. But I think it's a really good thing that some of our young stars want to stay as a Bengal. And honestly, how many times in the past did players want to stay here in their prime? Not many. This has the feel of a new organization.

Hoping they re-sign him.

Honestly - other than Sanu - I think they all want to stay. Reggie Nelson has made it clear he wants to stay as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We need to act fast, we don't have time to sign all of them so fast..

I have seen no signs by Bengals contacting them for extensions.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Nobody better tell Lap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's tough for me to fathom any player on a great team wanting to sign elsewhere for a matter of the difference in a few bucks.. A million over ten years or whatever when they already have a gazillion dollars right out of college. Then again I've never even sniffed the kind of money they get paid as a 7th round pick bench warmer much less a top player
Even the practice squad..
Quote:For the 2015 season, practice squad players can make no less than $6,600 per week. While the minimum salary for a rookie in 2015 is $435,000, a full season on the practice squad would earn a player more than $100,000 for the year. Alternatively, without being contractually obligated, players are released with no financial penalty.
I gotta tell you that if I was paid 6k per week I'd be shitting in high cotton..
The money is mind boggling to me..I survive on $733 a month from social security.. and feel pretty good about that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We almost never hear anything about negotiations until they are about to be finalized....so no news doesn't mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:55 PM)pally Wrote: We almost never hear anything about negotiations until they are about to be finalized....so no news doesn't mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes

Hobs mentioned that Combine time is when they get into such negotiations.  I hate the idea of turning a fifth rounder into a good player and then letting someone else reap the benefits.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I'd bet the Bengals don't really know who they are going to keep, but have a threshold price for each of them that could also be dependent on what others in the group decide.

Logically, we can speculate that there is no way Andre Smith stays and Mo Sanu doesn't want to stay. The rest is speculation and this is the Cincinnati Bengals. Stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's tough for me to fathom any player on a great team wanting to sign elsewhere for a matter of the difference in a few bucks.. A million over ten years or whatever when they already have a gazillion dollars right out of college.  Then again I've never even sniffed the kind of money they get paid as a 7th round pick bench warmer much less a top player
Even the practice squad..
I gotta tell you that if I was paid 6k per week I'd be shitting in high cotton..
The money is mind boggling to me..I survive on $733 a month from social security.. and feel pretty good about that..

The thing is, even though they have millions of dollars, an extra million is still a million. It's a pay raise.

If you were making $6 million in one place but got an offer for $8 million, would you take it?

Also, Iloka only made over $2 million his first 4 years here. He's obe of the best young safeties, so he's definitely in store for a big paycheck.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly - other than Sanu - I think they all want to stay. Reggie Nelson has made it clear he wants to stay as well.

I know Reggie Nelson has said that. Even saw an article by Coley Harvey on how they intend to re-sign him. Adam Jones wants to be here as well.

Just thought I'd give attention to someone who hasn't gone to the media to give his input. He just put it out there for all to see rather than go to a source.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly - other than Sanu - I think they all want to stay. Reggie Nelson has made it clear he wants to stay as well.

We should also have the money to re-sign all of them. There's no reason to watch all of these guys leave.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We should also have the money to re-sign all of them. There's no reason to watch all of these guys leave.

I'm sure some will.

Sanu is most likely gone.
Adam Jones is a mystery as to whether the team wants him back.
Marvin Jones is also up in the air, of course.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm sure some will.

Sanu is most likely gone.
Adam Jones is a mystery as to whether the team wants him back.
Marvin Jones is also up in the air, of course.

I'm just saying that if these guys leave, it'll be because they want to. There's no reason to low ball them.

Sanu will clearly be gone simply because he wants to be more than a #4/#5 receiving option.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm just saying that if these guys leave, it'll be because they want to. There's no reason to low ball them.

Sanu will clearly be gone simply because he wants to be more than a #4/#5 receiving option.

Agreed. Iloka deserves to be paid pretty well.

Iloka is the 2nd best free agent safety outside of Berry. I know Weddle is goo,d but his productivity has greatly declined and he's getting older.

Outside of Alshon Jefferey, Marvin Jones is the 2nd best WR free agent. It's also a thin market so someone could try to overpay him.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 04:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The thing is, even though they have millions of dollars, an extra million is still a million. It's a pay raise.

If you were making $6 million in one place but got an offer for $8 million, would you take it?

Also, Iloka only made over $2 million his first 4 years here. He's obe of the best young safeties, so he's definitely in store for a big paycheck.

For me it would all depend on where my family wanted to be and possibly other factors. Rich is rich. I don't need much to be happy, so going from $6 million to $8 million really wouldn't matter much.

(02-24-2016, 04:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I know Reggie Nelson has said that. Even saw an article by Coley Harvey on how they intend to re-sign him. Adam Jones wants to be here as well.

Just thought I'd give attention to someone who hasn't gone to the media to give his input. He just put it out there for all to see rather than go to a source.

I wasn't taking a shot at this thread or anything, I was just suggesting that it seems most of our players love playing for the Bengals.

Iloka is just more proof of that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Right on I read that article and I think Nelson wanting to stay does great things to influence Iloka.  Jones will be the cherry on top once he starts proclaiming his allegiance. 

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wasn't taking a shot at this thread or anything, I was just suggesting that it seems most of our players love playing for the Bengals.

I know you're not. I merely just made the thread because Iloka made his opinion known is all. And I know some people on here don't have a twitter or don't use it as often.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:42 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Right on I read that article and I think Nelson wanting to stay does great things to influence Iloka.  Jones will be the cherry on top once he starts proclaiming his allegiance. 

Which Jones? Adam Jones or Marvin Jones? Because Adam Jones has said he wants to still be a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Agreed. Iloka deserves to be paid pretty well.

Iloka is the 2nd best free agent safety outside of Berry. I know Weddle is goo,d but his productivity has greatly declined and he's getting older.

Outside of Alshon Jefferey, Marvin Jones is the 2nd best WR free agent. It's also a thin market so someone could try to overpay him.

I just keep going back to how long Marvin wanted a safety that could cover and provide run support. We kept drafting guys that were good at one or the other. We finally drafted one that could do both and now we're looking at losing him. The guy has earned a good deal.

Jeffrey is probably going to be tagged so Marvin will the #1 FA WR on the market. It's going to come down if he wants to leave and try his luck as a #1 or stay in Cincy where he's part of a close locker room, has great chemistry with Andy, but will always be no higher than the #3 option. You have to believe reuniting with Hue or heading home to Southern California is enticing for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 05:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For me it would all depend on where my family wanted to be and possibly other factors. Rich is rich. I don't need much to be happy, so going from $6 million to $8 million really wouldn't matter much.

I wasn't taking a shot at this thread or anything, I was just suggesting that it seems most of our players love playing for the Bengals.

When it comes to getting paid, more money means more love, respect, acknowledgement, whatever you want to call it.

Reply/Quote