Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Iloka's Tweet Indicates Where He Wants To Be
(02-29-2016, 02:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ah I didn't notice the Lions issue was brought up in this thread, I created one in the FA section.

Either way, I think the short pocketed comment was just about the way we usually don't pay high prices for players. I think the comment made sense.

Not sure if this is some speculatory article.. and he would just think its a good fit or what. IDK. scares me tho. Sign this guy before his calling price goes up even more.

We might not pay high prices for outside players but we do pay high prices for our own.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 02:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Either way, I think the short pocketed comment was just about the way we usually don't pay high prices for players. I think the comment made sense.

It makes no sense in this case because we almost always pay top dollar to keep our own players.  I can only think of three or four decent players we ever lost because other teams paid more.
Reply/Quote
This sure makes me feel better, i really like Shawn Williams if George does leave but Iloka
might be the best Safety in the league besides maybe Eric Berry right now. Iloka has rare
skills, he can cover like a Corner and hit like a Linebacker and is 6'4".

Bring back George, Reggie, Adam and MLJ and we should be fine going into the Draft.

I am not looking as much into the FA's outside of our guys this year. Just bring back our
guys is more than fine with me.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 01:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They could be trying to get Iloka's attention early. Iloka would be a clear upgrade for the Vikings and obviously there's the Zimmer connection.

So signing Iloka could kill two birds with one stone for the Lions. Address a need while keeping a good player away from a division rival.

I can't see Iloka going to Minnesota. He'd be a great player, but Harrison Smith is up for a new deal. There's talk that Iloka and Smith would get top 5 safety money so that'd be a ton of money locked into two positions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
"Short pocketed" , yet we have more cap space..

Makes a lot of sense..

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 06:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I can't see Iloka going to Minnesota. He'd be a great player, but Harrison Smith is up for a new deal. There's talk that Iloka and Smith would get top 5 safety money so that'd be a ton of money locked into two positions.

Good point. That said, a lot of folks think we're about to sink good money into both Nelson and Iloka, so you never know. 

The Vikings are pretty weak at the other safety spot, and maybe Zim would prefer Iloka over Smith. Or maybe they could try to lock up both.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 10:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. That said, a lot of folks think we're about to sink good money into both Nelson and Iloka, so you never know. 

The Vikings are pretty weak at the other safety spot, and maybe Zim would prefer Iloka over Smith. Or maybe they could try to lock up both.

It wouldn't be the first time a team sunk a ton of money into one position. They may try to front load the deal that way hey can afford all their young playmakers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
Still not sure I see the reason not to transition tag him, I'd think you'd at least want to match if someone gives him a big payday that's still within your range. Unless there is something where you can't use transition in back to back years or something, I'm really puzzled.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:40 AM)phil413 Wrote: Still not sure I see the reason not to transition tag him, I'd think you'd at least want to match if someone gives him a big payday that's still within your range.  Unless there is something where you can't use transition in back to back years or something, I'm really puzzled.

The issue with the transition tag is that it's too easy for a team to plant a poison pill in the deal.
Reply/Quote
Why not Franchise tag Iloka?
Reply/Quote