Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Zimmerman slams 'baboon' Obama after Virginia shooting
(09-03-2015, 06:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when is said he was innocent i was correct.    

And we know he didn't start the fight because TM girlfriend told him that GZ was a gay guy trying to rape him.   That's why TM attacked and confronted GZ.  He actually thought he was gonna get raped.

We don't know he started the fight.  There's no proof that what she said actually caused him to go find Zimmerman, much less start a fight.

And innocent is technically incorrect, in legal terminology.  "Acquitted" or "Not Guilty" is not a factual finding of innocence.
(09-03-2015, 06:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is there evidence that GZ started the fight ?
I mean,  I may be missing something here.
I truly hope people are not equating his following Martin as starting the fight.

Maybe it's just me, but if some stranger is following me....  There's going to be a fight (a confrontation at the very least).  A fight that can be avoided by not following me.  I believe any reasonable person would behave the same way.  Would any of you allow someone to follow you home?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(09-03-2015, 06:57 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but if some stranger is following me....  There's going to be a fight (a confrontation at the very least).  A fight that can be avoided by not following me.  I believe any reasonable person would behave the same way.  Would any of you allow someone to follow you home?

I'd call the cops.  Confronting someone following me is stupid male bravado.
(09-03-2015, 06:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when is said he was innocent i was correct.    

And we know he didn't start the fight because TM girlfriend told him that GZ was a gay guy trying to rape him.   That's why TM attacked and confronted GZ.  He actually thought he was gonna get raped.

[Image: c9Ups.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-03-2015, 06:59 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'd call the cops.  Confronting someone following me is stupid male bravado.

Well, stupid male bravado is obviously legal in Florida.
(09-03-2015, 07:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, stupid male bravado is obviously legal in Florida.

Well, yeah, I might act differently if I know I'm the one with the gun.

I laugh every time you type this.

Here is what was said (not during the trial)

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/353564/rush-jeantel-shows-martin-may-have-been-gay-basher-will-allen

Quote:Appearing on CNN’s Piers Morgan Live last night, Jeantel explained that during her telephone conversation with Trayvon Martin on the night of his death, she warned Martin to run from George Zimmerman because he might be a rapist:

PIERS MORGAN: And he was freaked out by it? 

RACHEL JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely, after I say ‘may be a rapist,’ for every boy, for every man, every — who’s not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out? … And people need to understand, he didn’t want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend’s house to go get — mind you, his little brother was there. You know — now, mind you, I told you — I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist. Jeantel went on to say that any parent who would encourage his child to remain standing calmly in the face of such a threat — rather than to run or fight — would be likely to see his child “in the news for a missing person.” 

Then Limbaugh made a big deal that it would give "the left" fits because it made Martin out to be a bigot. No one ever said Martin started the fight because of something his friend said on the phone.

So stop lying/making crap up/repeating things that demonstrably wrong because it makes you look worse than you already do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-03-2015, 06:57 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but if some stranger is following me....  There's going to be a fight (a confrontation at the very least).  A fight that can be avoided by not following me.  I believe any reasonable person would behave the same way.  Would any of you allow someone to follow you home?

If I thought I was being followed (on foot by one person), I would probably stop and ask them if I could help them with something.
If there were several people or I felt threatened, I would walk briskly to the nearest public place.
Regardless of GZ being a douchebag, there is no law preventing you from walking down the street (barring Martial Law or Curfew), even if it were suggested by authorities that he did not.
Now, the fact he disregarded that suggestion would lead darn near everyone to believe he was looking for trouble and started the events that ended Martin's life.
The thing is, Martin had the same opportunity to ignore the situation and keep moving to avoid conflict.
There is an episode of The Boondocks that puts a situation like this into perspective, but I shall not quote the phrase they use.
If I lived in Florida I'd either do nothing OR shoot the person; throwing a punch just leaves you open to be justifiably shot. I'm dead and the guy I punched can be all like "He TOTALLY punched me first, I was just all like whaaaaaaa and then he was gonna kill me!"
(09-03-2015, 07:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, stupid male bravado is obviously legal in Florida.

TM shouldn't have confronted him. Call the police. As has been stated. You don't know who is carrying here. That's why your careful.
(09-03-2015, 09:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I laugh every time you type this.

Here is what was said (not during the trial)

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/353564/rush-jeantel-shows-martin-may-have-been-gay-basher-will-allen

Then Limbaugh made a big deal that it would give "the left" fits because it made Martin out to be a bigot.  No one ever said Martin started the fight because of something his friend said on the phone.

So stop lying/making crap up/repeating things that demonstrably wrong because it makes you look worse than you already do.

She said it.   Just own it man.

Also you obviously don't know That area real well either. Not a gay friendly place.
(09-03-2015, 06:59 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'd call the cops.  Confronting someone following me is stupid male bravado.

I would as well. I have verbally confronted people following us before when we were out walking. Sometimes I was armed sometimes I was not. But my wife always has her phone ready when I do.

Too bad we don't live in a world where you just kick someone's rear end until they call mercy. Then leave them be.... Today people wanna finish them like Mortal Kombat.
(09-04-2015, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If I lived in Florida I'd either do nothing OR shoot the person; throwing a punch just leaves you open to be justifiably shot.  I'm dead and the guy I punched can be all like "He TOTALLY punched me first, I was just all like whaaaaaaa and then he was gonna kill me!"

I wouldn't mind a fist fight but I would be real selective. Younger people don't know how to fight. Thats a big problem with boys today. None of them have received a proper tail kicking at the hands of another.

They wanna kick in the nuts, use a weapon, threaten a law suit. Then probably call you a racist.
(09-04-2015, 02:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would as well.  I have verbally confronted people following us before when we were out walking.   Sometimes I was armed sometimes I was not.    But my wife always has her phone ready when I do.  

How many of these people were actually following you?  I've personally never had anyone follow me in a menacing way, so I find it odd that it seems to have happened to you more than once.
(09-04-2015, 02:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She said it.   Just own it man.  

Also you obviously don't know That area real well either.   Not a gay friendly place.

No...you are making shit up.  There's nothing to own.
(09-04-2015, 02:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't mind a fist fight but I would be real selective.    Younger people don't know how to fight. Thats a big problem with boys today.   None of them have received a proper tail kicking at the hands of another.  

They wanna kick in the nuts, use a weapon, threaten a law suit.   Then probably call you a racist.

Is there someplace I can take my son when he reaches puberty to have this done to him?

I want to raise a proper boy.  Mellow
(09-04-2015, 08:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is there someplace I can take my son when he reaches puberty to have this done to him?

Time to open that combo flop house boxing gym. "Teaching Young Boys to Jab.....Numerous Things!"
(09-04-2015, 08:43 AM)Donnyho Wrote: Time to open that combo flop house boxing gym. "Teaching Young Boys to Jab.....Numerous Things!"

I'll tell you what's funny, when my son started the Junior high a kid on the bus bullied him.  Once.  The kid was a friend of my nephew and it stopped as soon as it started.

But I told my son (who is a quiet kid and much smaller than the bully at the time) that the next time he tries to put his hands around you you kick him as hard as you can in the groin.  After establishing he understood where the groin was I told him if someone is that big of an idiot to only pick on kids half his size there has to be an equalizer.

So while my son never got a "proper tail kicking" I think a kick to the "hog" is perfectly acceptable in that situation.
(09-04-2015, 07:18 AM)Donnyho Wrote: How many of these people were actually following you?  I've personally never had anyone follow me in a menacing way, so I find it odd that it seems to have happened to you more than once.

Na just once.   We lived in a community at the time so we know who lived there...  They got in from the outside because they liked to walk our neighborhood .  Someone left the gate unlatched.    It wasn't menacing but I did ask if they needed something.   They were alright.   I waited until the next day to report them. There were two of them.
(09-04-2015, 08:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is there someplace I can take my son when he reaches puberty to have this done to him?

You don't think it's important for boy to fail at something? Get knocked down? Have to literally pick himself up. You don't grow without failure and you can't fail unless you try hard things. Getting into a fight with someone stronger than you is relevant.