Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Zimmerman slams 'baboon' Obama after Virginia shooting
(09-02-2015, 03:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You gotta find a better hosting site man...

Apparently you all are using networks that are strict about blocking stuff, because I can see everything just fine.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-02-2015, 03:28 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: You said "entitlements keep crime rates down".  What else could that possibly be if not bribery?

They do...but its not bribery to take care of your own citizens any more than it is "babysitting" to watch your own children.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-02-2015, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're asking me specifics about an argument I am not making.

Quote:Belsnickel Wrote: I consider the level to which our defense budget dwarfs all other budgets, let alone any individual one, that is about taking care of our own people within our borders, points to a gigantic disregard for human life. That's just me. I like to focus on the citizens first.

If you don't want to elaborate on what programs you would support in order to "take care of our own people within our borders", fine with me. 

I would however prefer that you stop saying that I'm putting words into your mouth when the above shows that I'm clearly not.
(09-02-2015, 03:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: They do...but its not bribery to take care of your own citizens any more than it is "babysitting" to watch your own children.

Horrible analogy. 

My child and family is my financial responsibility.  Taking care of other people is not my responsibility.  
(09-02-2015, 03:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You gotta find a better hosting site man...

Please!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-02-2015, 03:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Apparently you all are using networks that are strict about blocking stuff, because I can see everything just fine.

I'm on my mobile router which has no restrictions.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-02-2015, 03:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: If you don't want to elaborate on what programs you would support in order to "take care of our own people within our borders", fine with me. 

I would however prefer that you stop saying that I'm putting words into your mouth when the above shows that I'm clearly not.

Keeping on thinking that, sir. I think your reading comprehension needs a little work.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-02-2015, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Please!

I'm pretty sure it was just hot-linked.
It happens.
(09-02-2015, 03:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Keeping on thinking that, sir. I think your reading comprehension needs a little work.

Okay.

You said, PARAPHRASING that you would like to see less money spent on defense and more money on citizens, correct?

I asked you for specifics on that.  I further asked what programs you support that both combat poverty AND don't get people dependent. 

There's no hyperbole or straw man in that.  It's asking for specifics about a statement that you made.  

If you don't have any or don't want to share them, that's fine too.  
(09-02-2015, 03:53 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Horrible analogy. 

My child and family is my financial responsibility.  Taking care of other people is not my responsibility. 

But we're a "Christian Nation" I thought?

Seriously though, we are all each others responsibility.  Or we should be.  Life would be a whole lot better if people started caring about their brothers and sisters as much as they care about their money.
(09-02-2015, 04:11 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Okay.

You said, PARAPHRASING that you would like to see less money spent on defense and more money on citizens, correct?

I asked you for specifics on that.  I further asked what programs you support that both combat poverty AND don't get people dependent. 

There's no hyperbole or straw man in that.  It's asking for specifics about a statement that you made.  

If you don't have any or don't want to share them, that's fine too.  

There is, though. Because you are consistently focusing on social welfare programs. Spending money on our citizenry is a much broader category than just social welfare programs. So your insistence on asking me about those is a straw man.

I'd rather see the funds spent in a domestic capacity rather than a military one. That's all my statement said.

(09-02-2015, 04:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm pretty sure it was just hot-linked.
It happens.

And yet I can see it.  Weird.
(09-02-2015, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: And yet I can see it.  Weird.

I think hot-links get denied through certain routes through the interwebs, depending on your provider and ect.
(09-02-2015, 04:48 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I think hot-links get denied through certain routes through the interwebs, depending on your provider and ect.

ah!  Well you learn something new every day!
Rock On
(09-02-2015, 04:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is, though. Because you are consistently focusing on social welfare programs. Spending money on our citizenry is a much broader category than just social welfare programs. So your insistence on asking me about those is a straw man.

I'd rather see the funds spent in a domestic capacity rather than a military one. That's all my statement said.

So no specifics then.

Fine with me.  
(09-01-2015, 11:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: so if you were the Neighborhood Watch guy and a strange kid was wandering around in the neighborhood where there's been some burglaries recently, you wouldn't keep an eye on him? Like it or not, just about everyone stereotypes in one way or another.
What was so strange about him?

To answer your question...  No.  I would not.  I'd leave that up to trained  law enforcement.  This ass clown has a history of bad judgment which continues to this day.  
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I can almost see the possibility of defending this guy during his first bout with fame, but everything he has done since then really seems like a giant middle finger to the world. As long as you kill and/or assault black males with criminal records or women who won't press chargers you're golden.
(09-02-2015, 09:43 PM)jason Wrote: What was so strange about him?

He was black, wearing a hoodie, and armed with an Arizona juice and skittles. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-02-2015, 03:53 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: My child and family is my financial responsibility.  Taking care of other people is not my responsibility.  

Yet when I explain to you that there are things a country does for the poor just because we are human and care about the poor you say 

"Charity is the answer."  

Clearly people like you are the reason that private charity is not the answer.  You basically say that if OTHER people want to take care of some poor people then let them, but there is no way you consider the poor "your responsibility".  The reason priovate charity does not work is because too many people think like you.
(09-03-2015, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet when I explain to you that there are things a country does for the poor just because we are human and care about the poor you say 

"Charity is the answer."  

Clearly people like you are the reason that private charity is not the answer.  You basically say that if OTHER people want to take care of some poor people then let them, but there is no way you consider the poor "your responsibility".  The reason priovate charity does not work is because too many people think like you.

If you dropped all our taxes we would plenty of money to give to charity. Problem solved. The reason they say charity doesn't work is because at some point charity will tell people ok you had enough. Because it's only supposed to be temporary.