Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germain Pratt (redux)
There are 25 LBs who have at least 200 total tackles over the last two seasons.  20 of those 25 averaged at least 900 snaps per season.  Those 25 top tacklers averaged a tackle every 8.0 snaps played.  Only 3 of the 25 averaged less than 7 snaps per tackle.

Over the last two seasons Pratt ranks 36th in tackles by a LB with 165.  That is not bad considering there are 32 NFL teams.  But what is really impressive is that Pratt has averaged only 561 snaps played his first two seasons.  He averages a tackle every 6.8 snaps played which is better than 23 of the top 25 tacklers in the league.

GP is a straight up tackling machine.

I call this move the double back spin.

What do you think?
Reply/Quote
I recall Preston Brown also being a tackling machine
Reply/Quote
That was solid...

Maybe the tackling machine will make a memorable one some day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Personally, I don’t like judging players by tackle numbers. Was it a tackle on a 3 yard play or a 9 yard play? Are his tackles inflated because teams run right at him?

What’s his TFL look like in comparison to his peers? I’m guessing low.
Reply/Quote
Id like to see Pratt really play with.more aggression
And pop this year. Racking.up alot of tackles
Looks good on paper.
But.you.have to take into.context how many yds
Down the field is the tackle being made?
Is he making tackles that are stonewalling RBs
In their tracks? How many negative plays is he imposing
On the offense.
Sometimes a high tackle count means the defense
Isnt getting off the field on 3rd enough.
He needs to be more disruptive on the field more
Jar the ball loose more...recover some.fumbles
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are 25 LBs who have at least 200 total tackles over the last two seasons.  20 of those 25 averaged at least 900 snaps per season.  Those 25 top tacklers averaged a tackle every 8.0 snaps played.  Only 3 of the 25 averaged less than 7 snaps per tackle.

Over the last two seasons Pratt ranks 36th in tackles by a LB with 165.  That is not bad considering there are 32 NFL teams.  But what is really impressive is that Pratt has averaged only 561 snaps played his first two seasons.  He averages a tackle every 6.8 snaps played which is better than 23 of the top 25 tacklers in the league.

What do you think?

Perhaps GP can play all the downs this season, and cause you to do the triple Lindey?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:15 PM)jason Wrote: That was solid...

Maybe the tackling machine will make a memorable one some day.

LOL

Reply/Quote
Those are also his combined stats meaning solo + assisted tackles. For more stats, his solo tackles are 105 in 2 seasons out of 1,122 snaps. So one solo tackle per 10.7 snaps (or 3.3 solo tackles a game). Also means about 36% of his total tackles were assisted . Still a decent number though.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps GP can play all the downs this season, and cause you to do the triple Lindey?

I don't joke about dives
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I recall Preston Brown also being a tackling machine

Brown was a freaking Scorpio who spread his mayo with a plastic spoon.

GP ain't about that
Reply/Quote
Pratt looks like he’s about 47 years old. I bet he was one of them dudes who could buy beer in Jr high.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Id like to see Pratt really play with.more aggression
And pop this year. Racking.up alot of tackles
Looks good on paper.
But.you.have to take into.context how many yds
Down the field is the tackle being made?
Is he making tackles that are stonewalling RBs
In their tracks? How many negative plays is he imposing
On the offense.
Sometimes a high tackle count means the defense
Isnt getting off the field on 3rd enough.
He needs to be more disruptive on the field more
Jar the ball loose more...recover some.fumbles

For once I agree with Im
pactplaya.  pratt needs to be more of a playmaker.  He had 5
tackles for loss and broke up 2 passes, but he 
had zero interceptions, forced fumbles, or fumble recoveries.  He blitzed 30 times last year but never got a single pressure.
 The success of a blitz often has more to do with
 the design and strategy than the players' skill, but in 30 blitzes he should have at least 
gotten close a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
Germaine was disappointing last season to say the least. He looks better this Offseason. Expect major improvement with
Logan next to him and ADG growing into the player he can be and with a better DL in front of him. I had Pratt as my break
out Defensive player last year and was sadly mistaken. Could be this year who knows. Love his effort just needs to improve
in his instincts and let the game slow down for him, seems Logan is already ahead of him in this aspect.

Knew ADG would take time, he is raw talent.
Reply/Quote
He struggled last season because he had to be the most Athletic/best cover LB on the team. Playing with Bynes put more pressure on him than the coaching staff realized. With Wilson being so dynamic and Athletic it will allow Pratt to do what he does best and that is be a beast in the running game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are 25 LBs who have at least 200 total tackles over the last two seasons.  20 of those 25 averaged at least 900 snaps per season.  Those 25 top tacklers averaged a tackle every 8.0 snaps played.  Only 3 of the 25 averaged less than 7 snaps per tackle.

What do you think?

What is the YGBFC?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He's gotta little Dhani Jones in him.... Dhani made about every run tackle 7 yards down field.
Reply/Quote
Why does he play so few snaps comparatively?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why does he play so few snaps comparatively?

In 2019 Pratt only played half the season after replacing Preston Brown. In 2020 rotated Logan Wilson and Akeem Davis-Gaither who took over on third downs. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Pratt is better than Virgil, so I can't complain.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: He's gotta little Dhani Jones in him.... Dhani made about every run tackle 7 yards down field.

I almost said the same thing but didn’t want to upset Fred.
Reply/Quote