Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Germaine Pratt campaigning
(02-10-2023, 06:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree and all for bringing him back, it hurts to lose any player who is playing in their prime. Especially next season if we do as
ADG will probably have some bone headed plays early in his career. I do think ADG could end up being better than Pratt though 
eventually, especially in coverage and in pass rushing situations on the blitz. Also think ADG could be just as good at creating TO's
to a point, namely interceptions, but the way Pratt strips the ball out is rare and he done his thing in the biggest games.

That is something to wonder about if indeed Germaine does go somewhere else for big dough.

Pratt is a 2 down LB'er though, which could hurt his chances of getting a monster contract somewhere else.

I think ADG could be a 3 down LB like Logan, I know Pratt shown he CAN be good in coverage, but he is a bit thick in today's NFL.

ADG has length and more range IMO.

Pratt was excellent in coverage this year. #2 overall by passer rating against and he was graded as the 3rd best. 

He tweeted about not playing enough on 3rd down and when he was given a chance, he went out and produced. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pratt was excellent in coverage this year. #2 overall by passer rating against and he was graded as the 3rd best. 

He tweeted about not playing enough on 3rd down and when he was given a chance, he went out and produced. 

Germaine Pratt has been an excellent coverage linebacker for 3 years now. His only bad year in run defense was his sophmore year and that was mostly because they had a practice squad Defensive Line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Germaine Pratt has been an excellent coverage linebacker for 3 years now. His only bad year in run defense was his sophmore year and that was mostly because they had a practice squad Defensive Line.

Guy is a classic case of someone who just continues to get better each year. It would be a shame to let him go and be good for someone else. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Guy is a classic case of someone who just continues to get better each year. It would be a shame to let him go and be good for someone else. 

The Problem is they have 2.0 next to him that's gonna cost nearly twice the money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:44 PM)Synric Wrote: The Problem is they have 2.0 next to him that's gonna cost nearly twice the money.

Yep. It's all part of being a good team. You have to make tough decisions and hope you made the right choice. 

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. It's all part of being a good team. You have to make tough decisions and hope you made the right choice. 

It's a really good LB Free Agency class but I still don't think its gonna push Pratt's number down because he can do everything.... at 6'2 250. Someone is gonna bring him in to lead their defense Detroit or Houston are my guesses.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pratt was excellent in coverage this year. #2 overall by passer rating against and he was graded as the 3rd best. 

True, honestly he is better in coverage than you would think looking at his build. Played on the edge at Corner at times at NC state in 
college and has Safety experience. He will get paid well, I just think he will go somewhere else as Logan and ADG are our long term
answers at LB. Bailey too who might be our most underrated player, great ST'er.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Guy is a classic case of someone who just continues to get better each year. It would be a shame to let him go and be good for someone else. 

Beauty of the salary cap. Means the rich don't just get richer. Unfortunately it sucks now that we're rich!

Would love to keep GP, but with everything else we're going to have to do financially I've no idea how plausible it really is.
Reply/Quote