Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season
This is what I received in an email from a fantasy football site:

Quote:Source: NFL.com - Gil Brandt

Cincinnati Bengals RB Joe Mixon should break 1,000 yards behind a revamped offensive line this season, in the opinion of Gil Brandt of NFL.com.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The Bengals made strides to improve their offensive line this offseason by trading for OT Cordy Glenn and selecting C Billy Price in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft. Those moves should help provide better running room for Mixon this year. His rookie season was a mixed bag, but the talent is there for him to easily be a 1,000 yard rusher in the pros. Fantasy owners are taking him off the board at RB15 (2.12) in 12-team PPR leagues.

And then I went to Gil Brandt on NFL.com and found this:

Quote:CINCINNATI BENGALS: Joe Mixon, RB, second NFL season. Mixon didn't exactly light the world on fire in 2017, finishing with 913 yards from scrimmage (including 626 rushing yards on 178 attempts for a less-than-inspiring yards-per-carry mark of 3.5) and just four touchdowns in 14 games (seven starts). But he has outstanding big-play ability and 4.45 speed; he just needs to start full-time. I see him breaking the 1,000-yard mark on the ground behind Cincinnati's revamped O-line.

I love that "experts" are already giving us credit for an improved offensive line and I can't wait to see what Mixon will do behind it!

Only nine players broke the thousand yard mark last season (10 if you could Zeke Elliot), so a thousand yards is no easy task.

Giving him the rock without Hill to steal carries and fumble away our hopes and dreams, with an improved line and an improved passing game to keep defenses from stacking the box, has Mixon poised for a BIG year, imco!
Reply/Quote
And the first time he fumbles the ball he'll be an automatic bum unworthy of such praises..meanwhile Jeremy Hill will thrive and many will be screaming about HOW COULD WE HAVE EVER LET IT HAPPEN? You know that is gonna be the story by game 3..
I think Mixon barring injury will have a  pretty solid season .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think he will get much over 1000 if he does. I think Lazor will be mixing it up somewhat like the Saints have done with 2 very good backs to rely on. Gio is more of the screen guy in our previous game plan, but what Lazor does with it this year is anyone’s guess. With that in mind, he should go well beyond 1000 in APY.

Reply/Quote
He got 913 yds last year, behind an oline that played like blind nuns, and with having to share carries with 2 other running backs. He breaks 1000+ easily this year.... I put him at more like 1400....
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He got 913 yds last year, behind an oline that played like blind nuns, and with having to share carries with 2 other running backs. He breaks 1000+ easily this year.... I put him at more like 1400....

I think the article is referring to 1000 rushing yards. Mixon had 626 of those last season.

If they're talking total yards, then yea, Mixon breaks that line easily.
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon puts up over 1000 yards from scrimmage guaranteed given he did 913 total yards on 178 rush attempts and 30 receptions last year. He may not crack 1000 yards rushing but I think he puts up 1200+ total yards from scrimmage.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd say a lot of it depends on exactly how they're used. If they split the time pretty evenly, which I'd say is more likely it wouldn't surprise me if neither of them break 1,000 rushing.

And a lot depends on Lazor offense and what it is ? There's not a lot of run heavy being used anymore.

Now if Mixon is a true feature back getting like 2/3 the work with Gio the spell back I'd say he'd get it and more. Course it surprise me at all if Gio is the feature back either. And I'd kinda like to see one of them, probably Mixon sorta saved for later in the season.
Reply/Quote
If the O-line is vastly improved he will get a 1,000 rushing yds easily I believe.

Know he will be sharing with Gio but still see it happening.

Looks like the real deal to me and believe he and Gio will compliment each other the way we expected Gio and Hill to do for us.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If the o line holds up i can see him putting up 1500 yards. (from scrimmage)
Reply/Quote
Mixon gets 1000 rushing because we will be playing with a lead in most second halves.
Reply/Quote
i think 1k yards should be a pretty easy task for a guy with mixons skillset. honestly, I thought he was going to be a 1k yard rusher last year. ill be satisfied if he gets 1k, but will be impressed if he breaks the 1,200 mark with him being a full time starter, and given his ability.
Reply/Quote
The 1,00 yard mark really isn’t impressive. That’s only 62.5 yds a game. The elite running back number is 1,500 rushing yards in a season.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 11:52 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: The 1,00 yard mark really isn’t impressive. That’s only 62.5 yds a game.  The elite running back number is 1,500 rushing yards in a season.

The fact that less than a third of the backs in the league last season got to 1,000 makes it kind of impressive.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon gets 1000 rushing because we will be playing with a lead in most second halves.

This is an important part of the equation as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon gets 1000 rushing because we will be playing with a lead in most second halves.

Hope this is prophetic. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 01:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope this is prophetic. 

if the offensive line does well ..so does this team...lots f talent..I still would have kept Hill also..he needs holes to run through..he had none the past two years
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 01:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is what I received in an email from a fantasy football site:

And then I went to Gil Brandt on NFL.com and found this:

I love that "experts" are already giving us credit for an improved offensive line and I can't wait to see what Mixon will do behind it!

Only nine players broke the thousand yard mark last season (10 if you could Zeke Elliot), so a thousand yards is no easy task.

Giving him the rock without Hill to steal carries and fumble away our hopes and dreams, with an improved line and an improved passing game to keep defenses from stacking the box, has Mixon poised for a BIG year, imco!

You mean "finally" giving us credit Brad? Seriously have seen us ranked 25th in the league on NFL.com.

These "experts" have acted like getting Frank Pollack, Cordy Glenn and Billy Price is no big deal for awhile, been under the radar.

BTW, i expect a monster year from Joe Mixon, like 1400+ depending on how many snaps Gio gets.

Mixon is a rare talent, could be the most talented RB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: And the first time he fumbles the ball he'll be an automatic bum unworthy of such praises..meanwhile Jeremy Hill will thrive and many will be screaming about HOW COULD WE HAVE EVER LET IT HAPPEN? You know that is gonna be the story by game 3..

I was just thinking the same thing - at least about Jeremy Hill.  I think he had his problems, but I still think he has a lot of talent and could flourish in New England.

But I saw a lot of things I really liked about Mixon at the end of the season, and looking forward to a revitalized and bruising running game.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: And the first time he fumbles the ball he'll be an automatic bum unworthy of such praises..meanwhile Jeremy Hill will thrive and many will be screaming about HOW COULD WE HAVE EVER LET IT HAPPEN? You know that is gonna be the story by game 3..

hill should do well with those less than fully inflated footballs.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean "finally" giving us credit Brad? Seriously have seen us ranked 25th in the league on NFL.com.

These "experts" have acted like getting Frank Pollack, Cordy Glenn and Billy Price is no big deal for awhile, been under the radar.

BTW, i expect a monster year from Joe Mixon, like 1400+ depending on how many snaps Gio gets.

Mixon is a rare talent, could be the most talented RB in the NFL.
Let them keep underestimating us...... they’ll never give us credit until they absolutely have to since we’re such a small market, in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers, and were the joke of the NFL in the 90s.

They ignore the improvements because there’s no money in giving us the credit we deserve.
(06-26-2018, 03:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hill should do well with those less than fully inflated footballs.

Made me lol!
Reply/Quote